2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Not what I expected
By mechanic on 11/26/08 00:32 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The overall configuration of the two door hatchback is nice because it gives you large doors to get in and out of and large items can go in the back without the limitation of a small trunk opening. My Hyundai only got 21 mpg to start and that declined to 15 mpg!!! For a 1.6 liter engine that is unreal. The wipers did not work from day one and the dealer took over a month to get the part. It ran cold always, the transmission way slow to react and locked up at times. The engine would tach over 4000 on the interstate in any kind of a grade and gave the feeling of going backwards. The service department was impossible to deal with at my dealer making the warranty useless.

My 2nd new Accent
By ANNIEMONTE on 11/24/08 03:52 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I am on my 2nd Accent and the first was a 2005 Accent. I have driven this new car over 2 weeks now and I love it. Compared to my other car, it rides better, drives better and there is less road noise. I have 6 ft plus sons who has head room to spare. The color is perfect and with the spoiler in the back quite cute.

2008 Hyundai Accent
By Dewayne on 11/23/08 08:02 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Accent new. It now has almost 5000 miles on it, and 90% are high speed highway miles. I have had no problems with the little car at all. At 75 mph it gets 31 mpg. At 60 mph it gets 41 mpg. At 80 mph its turning 4,000 RPM. It's a 5 speed manual, and I had a cruise control added. Service these guys correctly, and they should run several hundred thousand miles.

Very Impressive!
By Grumpy on 11/19/08 16:34 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

City driving has been between 26-29 mpg consistently with an automatic. Highway comes in at 33. Visibility, handling and power are excellent for a car of this class. The a/c and heat provides a very comfortable cabin.

Best car for the money
By Mark S on 11/10/08 05:56 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a long distance commuter car. It's a GS model with the bottom options package so I could A/C. 5 speed manual. I work a week on and a week off so I drive once a week 135 miles there, and a 135 miles back. I have also driven this car all over Southern Louisiana and Eastern Texas for work as well, and once to Chicago. The comfort level of this car for long trips is good. The seats do hold on to you well in tight turns. The shifter, steering wheel, and pedals are all positioned well. I have gotten as low as 27.5 mpg and as high as 35.5 mpg. My average 31.5 mpg. I researched the Yaris and Aveo as well and this is hands down the best deal.

Good Car
By PAULO on 10/23/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After a lot of research I found that the Accent was by far the best vehicle for the money. I got the SE with all the options including sunroof/body kit/Auto for $14700 including tax and fees. Just like the one you see in the marketing posters. If it wasn't for my wife I would have preferred a 5M and saved some more. I wanted a economy car with great looks and some options and the accent covered it. I avg 30mpg with DC traffic. Low 27 high 35.

By Aaron E. on 10/14/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After 3000 miles I'm still thrilled with this car. I've averaged 34 mpg so far with about 70% of my driving highway miles. I test drove the Yaris, Corolla, and Mazda 3 first, but found this a far better value. I also considered the Fit and Versa. I was most interested in a quiet ride, mpgs, price, and warranty. The Accent hatchback is great for these reasons. I was surprised the others had so much road noise at a higher price. That said, over about 60mph the Accent engine gets more noticeable. The only things I miss from my old Rav4 are cruise control and a rear windshield wiper in snowy conditions. Traction with snow tires has been great.

Cool Ride
By Michael Dellapenta on 09/29/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The automatic is sluggish, but have all the options. I put in a stereo with a sub, new front speakers, with a Rockford amp.

Best Bang for the Buck
By greginrichmond on 09/29/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking at similar cars in the 16-17k range and just happened upon the Accent 2D SE. Handles like a sports car and sips gas like everyone else wishes their car would. The 5 speed is a must and the fit and finish of the SE is fantastic. I'm very happy.

Super Little Car at a low price
By Glenn on 09/27/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my new Accent for a few months now. This is the 4th Hyundai I have owned and Hyundai never lets me down. The best warranty out there. The best price for a small car out there. The 2-door Accent is sporty, peppy, has style and class you cannot find in anything in this price range. I bought the vehicle with automatic and AC with XM satellite radio and CD for only $11,200 including TT&L. No one could come close to that price. Not Aveo, Fit, Yaris, or anything else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.