Used 2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Not the wisest choice
By Genovese

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car a little over a year ago. I've had issues with the engine misfiring, oddly enough after I've had oil changes from the dealer. I even had one service tech suggest that E85 gas (which I don't use) could have something to do with it. My wife owned a 2002 Accent and had issues with the engine and exhaust system. The fuel economy is not what it claims to be either. I will never buy another Hyundai. In fact, I'll be trading this one in soon for another company's equivalent.

Favorite Features

Size

Suggested Improvements

Put more care into designing a tighter engine.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!
By joseph

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my accent for two years now and I cant stand it. Let me tell you about the problems I have had. Starter both Windows in the doors fell out hatch would not stay closed throw out bearing and clutch went out weather striping fell apart paint has blistered in a lot of places fabric on both front seats has busted open and seams coming apart and it won't even start half the time. And ''I'' had to replace and fix all these things myself because Hyundai does not stand by any of there so called ''warranties'' if you have anything go wrong with your new Hyundai, they will find some way of putting the blame on anything but the fact they make junk cars. Will never own another Hyundai!

Retro 80s' car , that rocks!!
By bill g.

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! This car is small,nimble and gets super mileage[about 33-35 overall mpg!]. Also,regarding some retro 80s' accommodations ,I love the small size and its manual windows and doors.This a taste of what pre-sedentary America was!!I luv it,simplistic and very practical!And something less you won't have to worry about failing you!

Favorite Features

Great handling, more simplistic design [compared to most other new vehicles now!!],fuel economy,nice stereo,xm radio and cd system,safety features,low price,and great reliability

Suggested Improvements

None!! Hyundai rocks like the 80s'!!!

Great little car
By Dodger

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Accent for over a year now, I bought it when gas was near $5.00 a gallon. The car is great for running around town in but not so good on the freeway, I am getting 26 and 32 MPG. I still like the car but it has some flaws. The 5 speed is a must but the clutch really takes some time getting use to, the plastics of the interior are the worst I have ever seen, scratch very easily, the ride is quite and comfortable but you do feel most of the bumps and holes in the road. Reliability has been outstanding so far and still have no rattles. If your on a budget or looking for a cheep 2nd car then this is a good choice.

Favorite Features

16" wheels, ABS, stereo, price.

Suggested Improvements

Plastics, upgrade is sorely needed, needs a 6th gear.

Horrible Car
By Not So Happy

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the car for 1 year and almost every 2 months it is in the shop. The check engine light is always & the engine is misfiring. Have had to coils replaced. They always say "sometimes these things happen & we'll get it taken care of." The car is 1year old, should have no problems. I would seriously reconsider my options before buying this car. A bus is more dependable. Thank goodness for a second car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the engine!!!