2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
The ultimate work car!
By Crash on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in Oct 2007, with 6 miles on it! Now have 43,000 trouble free miles, never any warranty issues! Have just had to keep up routine maintenance (oil & filters, spark plugs) This is one of the most dependable cars i have ever owned, and i have owned a lot of them! It's not a Cadillac, or a Corvette by any means, but for basic transport, you can't beat these little cars! I never cease to be amazed at the amount of stuff that fits in the hatch. These cars are very simple design, probably why so reliable. You can actually do your own maintenance! (save receipts for warranty) Would definitely buy another, bought Kia Rio for my daughter, same car underneath. Hyundai/Kia have a customer for life!

Love it
By candice on 05/07/10 08:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Hyundai new in 5/2008. It's been a great work car on the hwy and in city. It took about 10,000 miles to see the 34 mpg on hwy and 30 in city. Only problem is seat belts sit far back but reliable and no problems. I even drove it 8 hours to Illinois but not real comfortable for 50 year olds on long trips.

Waste of time and money
By Prakash H on 04/25/10 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car few weeks ago and already facing problems with the engine. Engine is extremely weak, weaker than I had anticipated. Some times I have trouble to accelerate into merging traffic, and since I live in hilly area. It revs very loudly and power is very insufficient. Consider buying a used Japanese or European car which is 8 years or so old. With more power and features. And gas mileage is not as great as people think it is...

A little above average with few flaws
By g-dang on 04/08/10 05:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 4 door Hyundai almost two years ago. And for the money I paid, I was a good deal. I've already taken my Hyundai cross country from Nevada to Texas and the mileage was averaged out around 30 to 33 miles a gallon. The ac is cold, and I love the XM radio. The interior is a little plain jane, but I actually wanted it like that. Roll up windows are the best. Power windows always one way or another will find a way to cost you money. This car would have gotten a 9 or 10 from me in reliability if it weren't for the battery dying on me 3 times within the first year. It was no big problem and all it needed was a jump, but that still made me sort of question it's reliability.

2008 Accent wow what a bargain!
By Daniel on 03/21/10 07:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a 2nd car to take pressure off my Genesis as I have been racking up the miles. I got 2008 GS 3 door hatchback for $7850.00 mint condition, no wear or tear. 38 months left on the basic warranty. I'm very pleased with the performance for the money. Inside is fine and simple. Back seat has more room than you would have thought.

Not the wisest choice
By Genovese on 02/25/10 05:28 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car a little over a year ago. I've had issues with the engine misfiring, oddly enough after I've had oil changes from the dealer. I even had one service tech suggest that E85 gas (which I don't use) could have something to do with it. My wife owned a 2002 Accent and had issues with the engine and exhaust system. The fuel economy is not what it claims to be either. I will never buy another Hyundai. In fact, I'll be trading this one in soon for another company's equivalent.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!
By joseph on 01/22/10 17:17 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my accent for two years now and I cant stand it. Let me tell you about the problems I have had. Starter both Windows in the doors fell out hatch would not stay closed throw out bearing and clutch went out weather striping fell apart paint has blistered in a lot of places fabric on both front seats has busted open and seams coming apart and it won't even start half the time. And ''I'' had to replace and fix all these things myself because Hyundai does not stand by any of there so called ''warranties'' if you have anything go wrong with your new Hyundai, they will find some way of putting the blame on anything but the fact they make junk cars. Will never own another Hyundai!

Retro 80s' car , that rocks!!
By bill g. on 07/28/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! This car is small,nimble and gets super mileage[about 33-35 overall mpg!]. Also,regarding some retro 80s' accommodations ,I love the small size and its manual windows and doors.This a taste of what pre-sedentary America was!!I luv it,simplistic and very practical!And something less you won't have to worry about failing you!

Great little car
By Dodger on 07/19/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Accent for over a year now, I bought it when gas was near $5.00 a gallon. The car is great for running around town in but not so good on the freeway, I am getting 26 and 32 MPG. I still like the car but it has some flaws. The 5 speed is a must but the clutch really takes some time getting use to, the plastics of the interior are the worst I have ever seen, scratch very easily, the ride is quite and comfortable but you do feel most of the bumps and holes in the road. Reliability has been outstanding so far and still have no rattles. If your on a budget or looking for a cheep 2nd car then this is a good choice.

Horrible Car
By Not So Happy on 07/14/09 23:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the car for 1 year and almost every 2 months it is in the shop. The check engine light is always & the engine is misfiring. Have had to coils replaced. They always say "sometimes these things happen & we'll get it taken care of." The car is 1year old, should have no problems. I would seriously reconsider my options before buying this car. A bus is more dependable. Thank goodness for a second car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.