Used 2007 Hyundai Accent GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Nice Small Car
By Army Husband

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I are in the Army, and we needed a vehicle that got good gas mileage. Our other vehicle being a Dodge Ram 1500. We got a flyer in the mail advertising the sale at the dealership we go to to get our truck serviced and decided to stop in and check out what they had on the lot for the special sale. We found this on the lot with only 13678 miles on it. I took it for a test drive and liked it. It did not seem to sluggish, it shifts real easily. I travel from Savannah GA to northern MI every 3 to 4 months, it is 1098 miles each way, this it only cost me 70 to make it each way.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder placement, move them to a more forward position. I have a no eating policy in my vehicles but the occasional pop is allowed.

We Are Satisified
By Ed & Pat

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased our Hyudai Accent GLS 4 door sedan right after the Labor Day Holiday. We have now had it for about six weeks and put about 1300 miles on it. Although we have not taken it out of the city yet, we have done both city driving and interstate driving. The Accent handles well is a bit slow does ride almost like a small car but not bad. It takes curves well and parks easily The sound system is nice and there are neat features which surprising are normally found on higher end cars like lighted mirrors, trunk, glove box tilt wheel. The only interior design we do not like is the placement of the cup holders. They should be more up front We are plaesed with our Accent

Favorite Features

Vanity mirrors the height adjustment on the drivers seat all the extra lights trunk, glove box mirror.

Suggested Improvements

The placement of the drink cup holdrs. The shoud be up more to the front not at the side. The drivers armrest makes it difficault to place a cup while driving.

Loving it!!!
By bluegirl1712

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I finished College i was looking for a fun car that had good MPG. The Accent has it all. It a solid drive as well as comfortable one. The stereo works exceptionally well. The only thing that I would say that it has poor excelleration into fast traffic. The A/C works well as that was a big deciding point. The trunk is also a lot bigger than it looks from the exterior and you can fit a lot of stuff into it.

Favorite Features

I love the MPG, the driver seat with the 8 way seat, airbag everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Intermittent rear windscreen wiper would come in handy.

excellent ride
By M. Gibbons

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First 4 tanks 37,38,37,39 MPG. That is mostly highway averaging 63-65 MPH. My daily commute is 100 miles. Compared to the older Toyota Tercel and Saab I was driving I am thrilled with the ride quality - smooth and quiet. I wanted a Yaris but could not find one with side curtain airbags. I am very happy with the way the car looks (I got in black). I thought I would get the hatchback but the visibilty was not great and since our other vehicle is an FJ Cruiser.......enough said. The tires and wheel covers with the base GLS trim are very nice, not the usual economy car bicycle tires. Under 13K, excellent mileage, standard side airbags (I have a 2 yr old) great warranty...easy decision

Favorite Features

ride, mileage, pretty good looking for an econolunchbox, nice interior even with the basic package...I don't have power windows or locks...

Suggested Improvements

gas pedal, clutch and shifter feel a little disjointed from each other in regular driving or starting on a hill....have not driven it hard yet with 1500 miles total. I did not buy it to be a sports car.

Zippy little ride
By Mrs.Alvarado

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun little car to drive that is most comfortable for smaller people. My husband, who is 6'1" and 240 lbs. does NOT enjoy this car, and would be hard to fit in the back seat. Also, you can not get a large stroller in the trunk, nor can you get a rear-facing car seat in the back without pushing the seat all the way to the front. With that being said, it's got fantastic MPG, great looks, my children and I love to be in it and it was a great price!

Favorite Features

Zippy get-up-and-go Great MPG Car seat clips Cup holders Large trunk space Overall sporty look of the car Value

Suggested Improvements

Added cup holders in the back with perhaps a pull down tray. Turn off switch for the passanger side air bag so children can ride in the front when nessasary.