Used 2007 Hyundai Accent GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Not happy with this vehicle.
By F. Yurchey

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Before you purchase a vehicle like this from a dealer obtain absolute proof of prior maintenance records. I purchased this vehicle for around $8,000.00 from a local dealer. The dealer claimed that it had a lifetime power train warranty, found out that was a lie. Had to invest in replacing the flex pipe to the tune of around $400.00 not too long after purchase. Three days after purchase discovered valve train noise that started when the vehicle was cold and would end when the engine warmed. A week ago the timing belt went and I can't afford the repairs! The value of this vehicle has dropped significantly, KBB values this car in running condition, at around $3000.00. I've owned this vehicle for eight months, and I owe over $7000.00 on it. The car is sitting in my garage and I am doing the repairs myself. BUYER BEWARE if you want to buy a vehicle like this. Be absolutely sure that everything is taken care of (maintenance wise) before you pay what a dealer is asking. REVIEW UPDATE 5/18/16. As of this date the vehicle is sitting in my garage with clutch issues. Price estimates for this repair range between $700.00-$900.00 not including flywheel replacement if necessary. I am defiantly not a fan of this vehicle! I believe a used car from craigslist would have been a better deal. At least it would have been paid off.

Nice Small Car
By Army Husband

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I are in the Army, and we needed a vehicle that got good gas mileage. Our other vehicle being a Dodge Ram 1500. We got a flyer in the mail advertising the sale at the dealership we go to to get our truck serviced and decided to stop in and check out what they had on the lot for the special sale. We found this on the lot with only 13678 miles on it. I took it for a test drive and liked it. It did not seem to sluggish, it shifts real easily. I travel from Savannah GA to northern MI every 3 to 4 months, it is 1098 miles each way, this it only cost me 70 to make it each way.

Cup holder placement, move them to a more forward position. I have a no eating policy in my vehicles but the occasional pop is allowed.

We Are Satisified
By Ed & Pat

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased our Hyudai Accent GLS 4 door sedan right after the Labor Day Holiday. We have now had it for about six weeks and put about 1300 miles on it. Although we have not taken it out of the city yet, we have done both city driving and interstate driving. The Accent handles well is a bit slow does ride almost like a small car but not bad. It takes curves well and parks easily The sound system is nice and there are neat features which surprising are normally found on higher end cars like lighted mirrors, trunk, glove box tilt wheel. The only interior design we do not like is the placement of the cup holders. They should be more up front We are plaesed with our Accent

Vanity mirrors the height adjustment on the drivers seat all the extra lights trunk, glove box mirror.

The placement of the drink cup holdrs. The shoud be up more to the front not at the side. The drivers armrest makes it difficault to place a cup while driving.

Loving it!!!
By bluegirl1712

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I finished College i was looking for a fun car that had good MPG. The Accent has it all. It a solid drive as well as comfortable one. The stereo works exceptionally well. The only thing that I would say that it has poor excelleration into fast traffic. The A/C works well as that was a big deciding point. The trunk is also a lot bigger than it looks from the exterior and you can fit a lot of stuff into it.

I love the MPG, the driver seat with the 8 way seat, airbag everywhere.

Intermittent rear windscreen wiper would come in handy.

excellent ride
By M. Gibbons

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First 4 tanks 37,38,37,39 MPG. That is mostly highway averaging 63-65 MPH. My daily commute is 100 miles. Compared to the older Toyota Tercel and Saab I was driving I am thrilled with the ride quality - smooth and quiet. I wanted a Yaris but could not find one with side curtain airbags. I am very happy with the way the car looks (I got in black). I thought I would get the hatchback but the visibilty was not great and since our other vehicle is an FJ Cruiser.......enough said. The tires and wheel covers with the base GLS trim are very nice, not the usual economy car bicycle tires. Under 13K, excellent mileage, standard side airbags (I have a 2 yr old) great warranty...easy decision

ride, mileage, pretty good looking for an econolunchbox, nice interior even with the basic package...I don't have power windows or locks...

gas pedal, clutch and shifter feel a little disjointed from each other in regular driving or starting on a hill....have not driven it hard yet with 1500 miles total. I did not buy it to be a sports car.