2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Girlfriends Car and I Want to Kill It
By kobiewan on 12/30/14 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Ok this car was bought by my girlfriend in January 2014. Well, from the start it drove great. The handling was good. The transmission was smooth shifting, and it had great gas mileage. Well... February we had issues. Rotors are going, oil control valve had to be cleaned, ecu was replaced along with all coils and spark plugs. We now have a possible head gasket issue. The engine leaks oil like mad through the timing belt case, and we are also losing coolant at a fast rate. Now the engine is misfiring again, and with all the other issues, I am not sure if the car is worth keeping. It is sad that more throw away cars are being built. My 99 Honda Accord is still going strong at 170k miles. Sad

Reliable and economical
By Steve M on 05/03/10 21:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from Enterprise mainly for the fuel economy. I get a little over 30 mpg and it's all in town mileage although some is on our turnpikes. The only thing I've had to do in the way of repairs is replace the battery a year ago. Now at 53,000 I do need 2 new tires. Having bought from Enterprise with 31,000 miles, I don't know when or if they replaced tires prior to my purchase. This car is fun to drive, turns on a dime, and has a better sound system than you would probably expect. I will definitely buy another Hyundai but maybe next time a Sonata just because it's bigger and more stylish.

Nice Small Car
By Army Husband on 03/27/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I are in the Army, and we needed a vehicle that got good gas mileage. Our other vehicle being a Dodge Ram 1500. We got a flyer in the mail advertising the sale at the dealership we go to to get our truck serviced and decided to stop in and check out what they had on the lot for the special sale. We found this on the lot with only 13678 miles on it. I took it for a test drive and liked it. It did not seem to sluggish, it shifts real easily. I travel from Savannah GA to northern MI every 3 to 4 months, it is 1098 miles each way, this it only cost me 70 to make it each way.

Love my baby!!!
By Amanda on 04/23/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great and reliable car. I feel very safe with my 2 month old daughter. It gets great gas mileage, easy to drive, and it never costs over $30 to fill.

Grand austerity
By bbwalk on 04/02/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased it in Jan. 08, very pleased with the build quality, performance and gas mileage. I am tall, over 6 ft and have adequate leg, hip, head and shoulder room. However: the drivers seat is very uncomfortable. The side cushion on the left side of the seat pokes me in the ribs, making driving even a short distances uncomfortable. I have been told there is nothing wrong with the seat. The dealership is refusing to replace the seat. My wife finds the seat comfortable even on long rides. If you are tall check out the comfort level before purchasing this vehicle.

zippy and cool color
By sgopus on 10/13/07 22:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine in July 2007, and loved the ice blue color, I don't like the placement of the front left windshield pillar, it blocks the view sometimes, first tank of gas was 42 MPG, I drive 20 miles one way to work, currently i get 32-34 MPg but not by driving 75, I go 65 on the freeway, the cars has lots of zip, I had to get the basic model, and really miss the keyless entry and power door locks, so far it's been very dependable, I did notice a slight hesitation after backing up then press on the gas it waits just a sec, then goes, a new car shouldn't do this.prefer the seat back to be more adjustable ie lean further back

We Are Satisified
By Ed & Pat on 10/11/07 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased our Hyudai Accent GLS 4 door sedan right after the Labor Day Holiday. We have now had it for about six weeks and put about 1300 miles on it. Although we have not taken it out of the city yet, we have done both city driving and interstate driving. The Accent handles well is a bit slow does ride almost like a small car but not bad. It takes curves well and parks easily The sound system is nice and there are neat features which surprising are normally found on higher end cars like lighted mirrors, trunk, glove box tilt wheel. The only interior design we do not like is the placement of the cup holders. They should be more up front We are plaesed with our Accent

Loving it!!!
By bluegirl1712 on 08/16/07 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I finished College i was looking for a fun car that had good MPG. The Accent has it all. It a solid drive as well as comfortable one. The stereo works exceptionally well. The only thing that I would say that it has poor excelleration into fast traffic. The A/C works well as that was a big deciding point. The trunk is also a lot bigger than it looks from the exterior and you can fit a lot of stuff into it.

excellent ride
By M. Gibbons on 08/01/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First 4 tanks 37,38,37,39 MPG. That is mostly highway averaging 63-65 MPH. My daily commute is 100 miles. Compared to the older Toyota Tercel and Saab I was driving I am thrilled with the ride quality - smooth and quiet. I wanted a Yaris but could not find one with side curtain airbags. I am very happy with the way the car looks (I got in black). I thought I would get the hatchback but the visibilty was not great and since our other vehicle is an FJ Cruiser.......enough said. The tires and wheel covers with the base GLS trim are very nice, not the usual economy car bicycle tires. Under 13K, excellent mileage, standard side airbags (I have a 2 yr old) great warranty...easy decision

Nice Ride
By kelley on 07/08/07 19:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a cute little car. It is comfortable and reliable. For the first 11000 miles I got around 27mpg now I am getting 30mpg. This is driving 25 miles to work some back paved roads and some city. My highway driving is around 35mpg. The one thing I am finding is that the tires are not the best in the world. It comes with a 40000 mile tire and are starting to show some wear at 13000 miles.