Used 2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

[non-permissible content removed] on the planet!
By F. Yurchey

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Before you purchase a vehicle like this from a dealer obtain absolute proof of prior maintenance records. I purchased this vehicle for around $8,000.00 from a local dealer. The dealer claimed that it had a lifetime power train warranty, found out that was a lie. Had to invest in replacing the flex pipe to the tune of around $400.00 not too long after purchase. Three days after purchase discovered valve train noise that started when the vehicle was cold and would end when the engine warmed. A week ago the timing belt went and I can't afford the repairs! The value of this vehicle has dropped significantly, KBB values this car in running condition, at around $3000.00. I've owned this vehicle for eight months, and I owe over $7000.00 on it. The car is sitting in my garage and I am doing the repairs myself. BUYER BEWARE if you want to buy a vehicle like this. Be absolutely sure that everything is taken care of (maintenance wise) before you pay what a dealer is asking.

Girlfriends Car and I Want to Kill It
By kobiewan

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Ok this car was bought by my girlfriend in January 2014. Well, from the start it drove great. The handling was good. The transmission was smooth shifting, and it had great gas mileage. Well... February we had issues. Rotors are going, oil control valve had to be cleaned, ecu was replaced along with all coils and spark plugs. We now have a possible head gasket issue. The engine leaks oil like mad through the timing belt case, and we are also losing coolant at a fast rate. Now the engine is misfiring again, and with all the other issues, I am not sure if the car is worth keeping. It is sad that more throw away cars are being built. My 99 Honda Accord is still going strong at 170k miles. Sad

Reliable and economical
By Steve M

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from Enterprise mainly for the fuel economy. I get a little over 30 mpg and it's all in town mileage although some is on our turnpikes. The only thing I've had to do in the way of repairs is replace the battery a year ago. Now at 53,000 I do need 2 new tires. Having bought from Enterprise with 31,000 miles, I don't know when or if they replaced tires prior to my purchase. This car is fun to drive, turns on a dime, and has a better sound system than you would probably expect. I will definitely buy another Hyundai but maybe next time a Sonata just because it's bigger and more stylish.

gas mileage, comfortable seats, nice sound system.

the exterior paint does tend to scratch rather easily, cruise control should at least be available.

Nice Small Car
By Army Husband

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I are in the Army, and we needed a vehicle that got good gas mileage. Our other vehicle being a Dodge Ram 1500. We got a flyer in the mail advertising the sale at the dealership we go to to get our truck serviced and decided to stop in and check out what they had on the lot for the special sale. We found this on the lot with only 13678 miles on it. I took it for a test drive and liked it. It did not seem to sluggish, it shifts real easily. I travel from Savannah GA to northern MI every 3 to 4 months, it is 1098 miles each way, this it only cost me 70 to make it each way.

Cup holder placement, move them to a more forward position. I have a no eating policy in my vehicles but the occasional pop is allowed.

Love my baby!!!
By Amanda

2007 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great and reliable car. I feel very safe with my 2 month old daughter. It gets great gas mileage, easy to drive, and it never costs over $30 to fill.

The body of the car is very nice and I get compliments on it all the time.

I only wish I had cruise control!

• SUV