2007 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Two Hundred Eighty Seven Thousand Miles and Runs Great
By warren_j on 07/11/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First the bad. The hatchback latch spring gets stuck so after pulling it to open the rear door, I have to manually place the latch/handle back in place. I REALLY wish there had been cruise control on the Accent. The good. Everything else. This car has been driven an average 300 miles a day and it has been awesome. Outer paint looks new, engine runs great. Inner trim still looks great (but showing scratches and some fraying on the seats). Just took it to the dealer for a checkup, engine light on issue and an oil change ... $250 total bill. I'll drive it to Florida next week. Averaging 36-37 mpg with the 5 speed, compare that to my 31 mpg avg driving a 2007 Versa 6 speed.

Not bad
By spysgrandson on 05/12/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base model 5 speed with AC and have generally been pleased with the car. I suggest buying an automatic because the trans is covered under the 10 yr 10000 mile warranty-- the clutch is not. Mileage in town 24- 27 and 31-33 on highway. I highly recommend grabbing a new one as opposed to a used one with low miles-- the 2009s have a rebate and you also get the 10 year warranty--with used you only get 5. Also, used are hard to find and factoring in the rebate, you don't save that much in purchase price. (My family has owned 8 Hyundais, new and pre-owned)

fun and economical
By happy on 02/19/09 14:05 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy engine and very sporty handling. This car took the sting out of $4 a gallon gas. I drive 80% city and routinely average over 30 mpg. Side panels scratch easily and could use a larger center armrest. This car will save you a lot of money over the years.

Lemon? I think so.
By Brian on 01/21/09 07:37 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I feel swindled by the Hyundai people. Things started off without any real problems. Never had an accident and I always tried to keep-up with any maintenance. Sadly, after 30000 miles, my catalytic converter is destroyed, I've had serious ignition problems, and they've had to replace the spark plugs like clockwork. Just traded that sucker in.

great mpg, no problems
By J on 08/12/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my '07 Accent for over a year, and have put 22,000 miles on it. So far I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise. After the break-in period I have been averaging 36-40 mpg in mostly highway driving. The car is roomy for two people, is very easy to drive, and everyone comments on how it looks (most girls think it's "cute"; most guys think it's "ugly"; but at least it's getting noticed, which is more than you can say for most of the cars in this price range). I traded in a full-size vehicle for this little guy, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Can't beat it, for the price.
By Mark on 04/12/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my GS Accent NEARLY new. It was 6 months old with about 10k miles. It is the bare bones model, no AC, not even a radio. I only paid $7,500 for it though. For the money, it's as good as they come. I made a few upgrades, put in a stereo (it had speakers, go figure), tinted the windows, put some 16" alloys on it, and presto! It's a sweet little ride! It has significantly more power than my 2001 Honda Civic, but the gas mileage is not nearly as good as my Civic. They really should throw a 6th gear on the M/T as the RPM's are 4k at 80+ MPH. This might help with gas mileage too. I can accelerate up a hill in 5th gear, which tells me it needs a 6th. Quality is comparable to the 01 Civic.

Wise Up
By Brad on 03/21/08 04:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car. Great fuel mpg, Don't expect this until after 5000 miles/8000kms.Usually get 33/36(winter with snow tires)35/41(summer) mpg.The interior is roomy up front,Im 5'11" 210 lbs no complaints.I don't plan on being in the back, all controls are where they should be (except the trip meter),and easy to use. Great road feel,precise steering,(the rims and rubber help). For an (entry level) Ride I'm very surprised, with the fit and finish of the interior, (yes the door panels scratch easy), The audio system is ok for now. Did my homework before buying a new ride. Try to find sunroof,rims and rubber,foglights,pwr winows/locks,leather accents,keyless,with a comparable warranty/price GoodLuck

A new car for the budget minded!
By sburnell on 03/13/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So you envy that friend or neighbor of yours their new Toyota Yaris. You know that is what you really wanted, but you couldn't afford it. But you still wanted a new car, even though you are on a very tight budget. Well, friends, despair no more, because the perfect new car for us budget minded is here, and it's the sporty, peppy and very spacious new Hyundai Accent hatchback. It's got everything you could ever want in a new car: A/C, a CD player, more room than you'd ever imagine, a superb sound system and a very responsive engine that will get you on the freeway - FAST! Its steering is nice and tight and you'll get lots of heads turning as you zip down the road in your new Accent!

I'm surprised!
By Shambooey on 07/30/07 18:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a neat little car! I got a base GS with A/C and the upgraded stereo as the ONLY options. First time I have had crank windows and manual locks since college! The A/C blows COLD in the sticky MN summers and the stereo is great! It's a peppy little city car and it eats up the miles on the freeway with ease. Noisy above 3500 RPM. Takes bumps well for a little car, too. Top gear acceleration with the A/C on takes a little planning, but I knew what I was getting when I bought it. Driving with the driver's window down on the freeway results in amazingly little turbulence. First tank resulted in about 30 mpg in combined driving - looking for more once broken in.

OMG love it!!
By Hot Car on 07/26/07 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Since day one this car has continued to impress me. MPG strated at less than expected but has now peaked at 37 MPG. More room than you could imagine from seeing outside. I drive 100 miles every day and is more than comfortable. The elevation at home is about 6500 feet above sea level and work is 9500 feet above sea level. This car has no issues with the hills and is completely fun in the corners. Love it!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.