Used 2007 Hyundai Accent GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Two Hundred Eighty Seven Thousand Miles and Runs Great
By warren_j

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First the bad. The hatchback latch spring gets stuck so after pulling it to open the rear door, I have to manually place the latch/handle back in place. I REALLY wish there had been cruise control on the Accent. The good. Everything else. This car has been driven an average 300 miles a day and it has been awesome. Outer paint looks new, engine runs great. Inner trim still looks great (but showing scratches and some fraying on the seats). Just took it to the dealer for a checkup, engine light on issue and an oil change ... $250 total bill. I'll drive it to Florida next week. Averaging 36-37 mpg with the 5 speed, compare that to my 31 mpg avg driving a 2007 Versa 6 speed.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, 6 CD changer, solid feel, easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

Needs cruise control, sixth gear setting

Not bad
By spysgrandson

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base model 5 speed with AC and have generally been pleased with the car. I suggest buying an automatic because the trans is covered under the 10 yr 10000 mile warranty-- the clutch is not. Mileage in town 24- 27 and 31-33 on highway. I highly recommend grabbing a new one as opposed to a used one with low miles-- the 2009s have a rebate and you also get the 10 year warranty--with used you only get 5. Also, used are hard to find and factoring in the rebate, you don't save that much in purchase price. (My family has owned 8 Hyundais, new and pre-owned)

Favorite Features

Decent styling, pretty good fuel efficiency, great warranty, and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Tires, tires, tires--have only 12,400 miles on mine--have kept them rotated, balanced, and inflated properly yet they will need to be replaced at about 15,000 miles. Also, like others have mentioned, door panels scratch very easily and conspicuously when you put your seatbelt on.

fun and economical
By happy

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy engine and very sporty handling. This car took the sting out of $4 a gallon gas. I drive 80% city and routinely average over 30 mpg. Side panels scratch easily and could use a larger center armrest. This car will save you a lot of money over the years.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, money saver.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality side panels and larger armrest.

Lemon? I think so.
By Brian

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I feel swindled by the Hyundai people. Things started off without any real problems. Never had an accident and I always tried to keep-up with any maintenance. Sadly, after 30000 miles, my catalytic converter is destroyed, I've had serious ignition problems, and they've had to replace the spark plugs like clockwork. Just traded that sucker in.

Favorite Features

Quiet car and I enjoy the stick shift.

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration. Please improve reliability of the engine.

great mpg, no problems
By J

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my '07 Accent for over a year, and have put 22,000 miles on it. So far I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise. After the break-in period I have been averaging 36-40 mpg in mostly highway driving. The car is roomy for two people, is very easy to drive, and everyone comments on how it looks (most girls think it's "cute"; most guys think it's "ugly"; but at least it's getting noticed, which is more than you can say for most of the cars in this price range). I traded in a full-size vehicle for this little guy, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy; fun-to-drive aspect; the air conditioning is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

replace the hard-plastic of the elbow rests on the doors with something softer.