2007 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Economy car
By solivanh1 on 01/13/14 19:09 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I found the Hyundai accent fun to drive and easy to handle.

Two Hundred Eighty Seven Thousand Miles and Runs Great
By warren_j on 07/11/11 12:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First the bad. The hatchback latch spring gets stuck so after pulling it to open the rear door, I have to manually place the latch/handle back in place. I REALLY wish there had been cruise control on the Accent. The good. Everything else. This car has been driven an average 300 miles a day and it has been awesome. Outer paint looks new, engine runs great. Inner trim still looks great (but showing scratches and some fraying on the seats). Just took it to the dealer for a checkup, engine light on issue and an oil change ... $250 total bill. I'll drive it to Florida next week. Averaging 36-37 mpg with the 5 speed, compare that to my 31 mpg avg driving a 2007 Versa 6 speed.

286,000 Miles and Almost Like New
By warren_j on 06/25/11 04:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am actually the second owner. The first commuted 300 miles each day from PA to MD four 4 years (80K miles /year x 4 years). I just drove from MD to Atlanta to pick up my daughter over the past three days. From the look of the car, you would think I just went to the 7eleven. I've owned 2 Fords, 2 Nissans, 1 Mitsubishi, 1 Toyota, 1 VW and 2 Audi's. This is the coolest little car I've ever owned. It gets about 36 miles per gallon average, turns on a dime, runs perfectly, is super smooth in traffic and up to 80 mph on the highway, and looks pretty good. The 6 CD stereo sounds really good, although it skips when running without AC in summer heat. In short, it's an amazing little car.

Small problems
By Karra on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The only BIG problem I had was the brake lights stopped working. Hyundai had to replace the brake switch box. I replaced my tires twice after 3 yrs of having my car. I am now experiencing the Check Engine light coming on. My car also makes a small flap like sound. Which I am going to have Hyundai check out tomorrow. The inside of the vehicle is too hard to keep clean (paneling) I have scrubbed it with EVERYTHING imaginable. any suggestions.?? I do overall like my car but I do question some things. I have had to have an air bag replaced - I have NO IDEA why it had to be replaced though

Decent little inexpensive car
By JeramieH on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Generally positive so far in the first 65K miles. Had to replace the battery once during a particularly hard winter freeze, and have had to replace the tires already. Other than that, it's been painless and gotten me around quite well with no problems and rather comfortably for the price.

Reliable and economical
By Steve M on 05/03/10 21:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from Enterprise mainly for the fuel economy. I get a little over 30 mpg and it's all in town mileage although some is on our turnpikes. The only thing I've had to do in the way of repairs is replace the battery a year ago. Now at 53,000 I do need 2 new tires. Having bought from Enterprise with 31,000 miles, I don't know when or if they replaced tires prior to my purchase. This car is fun to drive, turns on a dime, and has a better sound system than you would probably expect. I will definitely buy another Hyundai but maybe next time a Sonata just because it's bigger and more stylish.

Follow up to review 8-08, now at 21,000
By Daniel on 02/27/10 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have now owned this car for 3 years. The inside armrest for the driver cannot bear a lot of weight and is now sagging. I had to have an alignment done because there was so much play in the steering and the car felt so disconnected on bumpy roads it felt downright dangerous to drive. The alignment made it much better but it still doesn't inspire confidence. The battery went out at 12,000 and I'm just waiting for the new one to go out. The "passenger airbag off" light is now flickering. The brakes and shocks have held up well so far. The remote for the alarm/unlock/lock has to be pressed several times to get it to work. The stock tires are junk. Plastic panels near right back seat rattle.

Wish I had bought American
By Larry on 02/16/10 12:27 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car during the 2007-2008 fuel crunch for better mileage than my American v8 sedan. Initially, it paid off in dividends. However (gradually) the economy of the car has become less & less. Using synthetic oil, high flow / reusable filter, and upgraded plugs have now changed the decline in economy. Found a bad coil, tail light switch gave out, check engine light on & off, and now having to slam the driver door shut & opening the door to find the panel seems broken ...tomorrow is my dealer appointment to have it looked at.

Awesome car!
By Daily Driver on 07/12/09 03:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

26 months, rolled 56,000 miles with NO issues. Observed fuel mileage of 30 MPG, combined. First set of tires lasted 30K miles am still on the original brakes, front and rear. I change the oil every 5,000 miles. Threw in a K&N Filter when new so the 30K service was just an oil change, tranny flush, and fresh plugs for $150, total. Was thrilled to find out this car has a timing chain not a belt so no $500 timing belt service is needed at 60K, just fresh plugs, coolant flush, brake line flush, and probably another tranny flush with an oil change to the tune of about $300. I drive the car every day and drive it hard. It's been well cared for and has performed flawlessly for me.

Not bad
By spysgrandson on 05/12/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the base model 5 speed with AC and have generally been pleased with the car. I suggest buying an automatic because the trans is covered under the 10 yr 10000 mile warranty-- the clutch is not. Mileage in town 24- 27 and 31-33 on highway. I highly recommend grabbing a new one as opposed to a used one with low miles-- the 2009s have a rebate and you also get the 10 year warranty--with used you only get 5. Also, used are hard to find and factoring in the rebate, you don't save that much in purchase price. (My family has owned 8 Hyundais, new and pre-owned)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.