Used 2007 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Good economical car
By Dave

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Small car, but good headroom, legroom, overall comfort.
Economical to own and drive. Would happily buy another.

Not happy with this vehicle.
By F. Yurchey

2007 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Before you purchase a vehicle like this from a dealer obtain absolute proof of prior maintenance records. I purchased this vehicle for around $8,000.00 from a local dealer. The dealer claimed that it had a lifetime power train warranty, found out that was a lie. Had to invest in replacing the flex pipe to the tune of around $400.00 not too long after purchase. Three days after purchase discovered valve train noise that started when the vehicle was cold and would end when the engine warmed. A week ago the timing belt went and I can't afford the repairs! The value of this vehicle has dropped significantly, KBB values this car in running condition, at around $3000.00. I've owned this vehicle for eight months, and I owe over $7000.00 on it. The car is sitting in my garage and I am doing the repairs myself. BUYER BEWARE if you want to buy a vehicle like this. Be absolutely sure that everything is taken care of (maintenance wise) before you pay what a dealer is asking. REVIEW UPDATE 5/18/16. As of this date the vehicle is sitting in my garage with clutch issues. Price estimates for this repair range between $700.00-$900.00 not including flywheel replacement if necessary. I am defiantly not a fan of this vehicle! I believe a used car from craigslist would have been a better deal. At least it would have been paid off.

CAR HAS ISSUES
By James

2007 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Check engine light comes on every 5 to 8,000 miles. Coil pack keeps going out when this happens and the car sputters and misses. Also driver airbag not working(red warning light is on). Brakes are not the best either.

Girlfriends Car and I Want to Kill It
By kobiewan

2007 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Ok this car was bought by my girlfriend in January 2014. Well, from the start it drove great. The handling was good. The transmission was smooth shifting, and it had great gas mileage. Well... February we had issues. Rotors are going, oil control valve had to be cleaned, ecu was replaced along with all coils and spark plugs. We now have a possible head gasket issue. The engine leaks oil like mad through the timing belt case, and we are also losing coolant at a fast rate. Now the engine is misfiring again, and with all the other issues, I am not sure if the car is worth keeping. It is sad that more throw away cars are being built. My 99 Honda Accord is still going strong at 170k miles. Sad

Economy car
By solivanh1

2007 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I found the Hyundai accent fun to drive and easy to handle.

air conditioning and cd player

fog lights and cruise control