Used 2006 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

great little car
By Lisa

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. It is very roomy and comfortable inside. You can't tell by looking at it from the outside but it has alot of trunk space. It handles really well and the ride is so smooth. Because of this, you do have to keep an eye on the speedometer. You tend to speed without realizing it.

I love the beautiful color of my car. I purchased the ice blue with tan interior. I haven't seen this shade of blue on other vehicles.

I really think this car would look alot more sporty with a rear spoiler. I am going to have one put on mine as soon as I can. The car looks plain without one.

sweet little car
By aeon

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

going from a full size to a compact was a little tough at first, but i've been very pleased with the accent. very good on gas. been averaging 36mpg. comfy on my 40min drive to work. handles well on back roads and highway. roomy trunk for a compact. like the interior, except the carpeting is chintzy. exterior is nice also, liked it much better in person than in pics online. had it a month with no problems. plenty of standard features. price was better than toyota or scion.

lots of cubbys to stash your stuff, gas mileage, 6 airbags and abs, nice stereo

carpet could be nicer, warning bell when you leave your lights on, ipod jack

So far ,so good
By Mark M

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

So far, so good. The Mileage is better than I expected. EPA rates the manual @ 32/35. I have been getting 35.79 average mpg after the first 2500 miles. This is with a 30city/70hwy commute. This is driving 65/70 on the hwy. Purchased this vehicle for a daily 130 mile round trip commute. I could only afford to spent a set amount. I asked my mechanic about choosing a vehicle. Asked him about a brand new Accent, or a one year old Corolla. He said buy the Hyundai. This came as a shock initially. But he has family memebers with Hyundai vehicles with similar commutes. Frankly I really expected to be led to the Corolla, having reservations about Hyundai's reputation from the past.

Fuel economy. The Corolla was rated higher mpg, but with the $$$ I saved on the purchase price, coupled with being able to buy new versus a one year old Corolla, I am pleased. If I had more to spend I would have got a new Corolla, but hey, I'm not disappointed.

5 Stars All Around
By Julie

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my Hyundai Accent. It is my first car, and it is great. The gas milage i get is super and it is tons of fun to drive. The exterior and interior have a lot of character and detailed touches. I only have two minor complaints, it is a little loud when accelerating, however once at the right speed you could hear a pin drop. The other thing I dont like is the suspension is a little bouncy when you have people in the back seat. Other than those two things, this car is perfect. I chose the accent over the elantra, because it had more safety features and it was smaller. I looked at the Toyota Yaris, but there was a 2-4 month waiting list, so I went for the accent.

ABS, tons of air bags, cute and stylish, fuel economy

bouncy suspension, loud when accelerating

Nice Little Car
By M

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

For the first 500 km, not a bad ride. Gas mileage is a little off... either need to break it in a little more or need to have the dealer take a look at it. I got the dealer to pay for cruise control and a car starter before I picked up the car.

Comfortable ride, nice safety features. The heated seats and mirrors will be great for our Canadian winters.

Passenger arm rest and remote trunk access.