Used 2006 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Wow!! Tranny?? or car??
By Big Daddy

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Tranny on my Dodge truck went out at 81K miles, swap tranny for ~ $4000?? or look for another car??. Bought this 2006 Accent, great choice!!. The mileage doubled, very impressed eith entire car. Have a 2000 Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Accent puts it to shame for the same price, hands down. Give this a look, very surprized at nice quality and fun to drive, plenty of romm for an econo box, hats off to Hyundai ...American auto builders wake up !!

Favorite Features

Quality of car, fun to drive, gas savings. Seats have nice support. Nice standard built in CD/Stereo with 6 speakers.

Suggested Improvements

Change to uniform color of dash lights- looks like a christmas tree!! Cruise control would be nice for us leadfoots. Larger main rear view mirror. Get rid of those hoky built in wheel covers.

Best Bet for Dollars and Sense
By annegdavis

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best little car I ever drove. It's comfortable, roomy, tight brakes, excellent handling during turns, better than average stereo system, quiet motor, relatively low road noise, and gets reasonable gas milage. Much more comfortable and roomy than my previous Honda Civic. I feel like I'm sitting higher up, which helps me "aim high in steering". And at less than $13K, it's a steal. I'm very happy with this vehicle and would highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, quiet engine, low road noice, smooth ride, tight brakes and excellent handling. Spunky engine with good acceleration (for a car this size). Great accident protection with 6 airbags and antilock breaks--all standard.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe make some of the inside plastic parts look more sophisticated. Also, some front and back bumper extension would be nice.

Watch out Toyota/Honda
By squireman

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car! Decent acceleration and handling and amazing safety features for an econobox price. Great gas mileage too! Get the 5 speed and sport package and you won't be disappointed. I am glad I couldn't find a Yaris or a Fit and bought this baby instead. $1000 over sticker for a Fit? Get the Accent instead!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Safety, Handling, Acceleration, roominess, VALUE!

Suggested Improvements

Front Passenger armrest and cruise control would be nice

none
By AndyKorson

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My real only issue at this time is the low mileage I am receiving. It's all considered city, but it is only 20-23 miles per gallon which is so much lower than that average number listed on the sticker display.

Favorite Features

side impact air bags, that the electrical supply to the headlights is cut when you turn off the engine and forget to turn off the lights yourself, large trunk space, can reach all window handles from the drivers seat since I only have all manual features-but consider key holes on back doors.

Suggested Improvements

larger sun visor since the windshield goes up high. More driver seat adjustment options for lower lumbar support, needs better console storage area, and get rid of the ash tray cup and use that space more efficiently, improve the gas mileage tremendously.

PAINT CHIPS VERY FAST
By b f

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car. I love it except the paint is already chiping and I have it only 5 weeks. was told to buy touch up paint and get a sealant. As per gas it is great.

Favorite Features

Loads of room. love the fact that the back seats drop so you have extra trunk room. lots of space in the car itself and I feel safe with all the airbags

Suggested Improvements

BETTER PAINT JOB