2006 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
great little car
By Lisa on 07/28/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. It is very roomy and comfortable inside. You can't tell by looking at it from the outside but it has alot of trunk space. It handles really well and the ride is so smooth. Because of this, you do have to keep an eye on the speedometer. You tend to speed without realizing it.

sweet little car
By aeon on 07/11/06 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

going from a full size to a compact was a little tough at first, but i've been very pleased with the accent. very good on gas. been averaging 36mpg. comfy on my 40min drive to work. handles well on back roads and highway. roomy trunk for a compact. like the interior, except the carpeting is chintzy. exterior is nice also, liked it much better in person than in pics online. had it a month with no problems. plenty of standard features. price was better than toyota or scion.

So far ,so good
By Mark M on 07/04/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

So far, so good. The Mileage is better than I expected. EPA rates the manual @ 32/35. I have been getting 35.79 average mpg after the first 2500 miles. This is with a 30city/70hwy commute. This is driving 65/70 on the hwy. Purchased this vehicle for a daily 130 mile round trip commute. I could only afford to spent a set amount. I asked my mechanic about choosing a vehicle. Asked him about a brand new Accent, or a one year old Corolla. He said buy the Hyundai. This came as a shock initially. But he has family memebers with Hyundai vehicles with similar commutes. Frankly I really expected to be led to the Corolla, having reservations about Hyundai's reputation from the past.

5 Stars All Around
By Julie on 06/20/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my Hyundai Accent. It is my first car, and it is great. The gas milage i get is super and it is tons of fun to drive. The exterior and interior have a lot of character and detailed touches. I only have two minor complaints, it is a little loud when accelerating, however once at the right speed you could hear a pin drop. The other thing I dont like is the suspension is a little bouncy when you have people in the back seat. Other than those two things, this car is perfect. I chose the accent over the elantra, because it had more safety features and it was smaller. I looked at the Toyota Yaris, but there was a 2-4 month waiting list, so I went for the accent.

Nice Little Car
By M on 06/20/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

For the first 500 km, not a bad ride. Gas mileage is a little off... either need to break it in a little more or need to have the dealer take a look at it. I got the dealer to pay for cruise control and a car starter before I picked up the car.

Hyundai Accent 4 Door
By Sean ORourke on 06/17/06 23:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second accent and if the other car makers havent seen Hyundai coming they better watch out. The build quality is excellent and rivals a Honda or Toyota. I love this car.

Great little car!
By Jeremiah Beaty on 06/14/06 09:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I saw this car and fell in love. It's small but fits me quite well. I am six feet tall and I can fit into it comfortably. I have driven my car just for one day and love it! The small engine is plenty for this car, especially if driving it with a feather touch. I expect to get some decent mileage figures this way. Decent features that come standard. Plenty of airbags and ABS! CD player is standard. I loved the little car so much, that I bought two! One for me, and one for the wife.

great inexpensive car
By George on 06/09/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been a lot of fun to drive. Very nimble, very quiet ride. All my passengers have raved about it and have them thinkinng about a Hyundai, yes, a Hyundai!

Fantastic Car!
By pearl15_1999 on 06/07/06 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Accent sure has impressed me. I have had it for 3 months now and I'm very pleased with its performance. Very good gas mileage, am averaging about 31 mpg combined. It is very quiet and drives very nice and smooth on the highway. I have not found any faults with this car yet. It does not have cruise control but I would buy another 2006 Accent in a heartbeat if something happened to this one.

Great car, bad manufacturer
By car_em on 05/28/06 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Even though I am aware that I should not be talking about the purchase process, I feel I must point out that I originally ordered a specific package and color (premium/d. sapphire blue) and the dealerships kept leading me on about how I was to get it within a week, until a month later it came, in which they had to order it, ranging in more of a wider area. Very aggravating and annoying (that the manufacturer chose to charge 800 extra for a/c and did not make enough cars with the premium packages available in the area. Anyway...it has been a great little car, love the exterior, interior and almost everything in it. A little road/wind noise, not many cons.