Used 2006 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

incredable car for thousands less !
By mike

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

this car does everything you could ask it to, never breaks, doesent complain and cruises at 80 getting 28mpg. (I live in Utah) Its not fancy, but it comes with everything standard. It is highly recommended by me. Also my Neighbor bought one and so did his sister after driving ours, They also are very pleased. I am glad I didnt buy the Toyota or Honda. The money I saved buys me gas for a few years!

The whole car, It is a true value.

More attractive dash,better placed cup holders in front

Great drive for its money
By Henry David

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Iīve had the car for five months and the proīs are: great soft and smooth ride for a car its class, soft and no outside noise,good noise insulation and good stereo for the price, and lots of amenities. Great room for its size, good trunk space, and great handling in curves. The cons: not great gas mileage 21 to 23 miles per gallon on the city, if you donīt drive fast; but if you are those of whom, like driving fast it will give you less than 20 miles per galon, but the car will respond fast enough for city needs, and its fun! On mountain roads you have to push the acelerator, but the ride is stable on fast curves,I personaly use the 2nd gear, and turn off the overdrive and it responds nice!

The stereo, the softness and smoothness of the ride, the cup holder in the armrest,in the back seat, the roominess for its category, slow dimming light when you close the doors, the trunk lift gate and gas open notch, beside the drivers seat. The ride when you want to drive fast, its fun enough!

Number one the gas mileage, my Honda Odysey gives me a little less mileage than the accent, but its a 6 cilinder! A 1.6 manual transmision or a 1.8 or a better mileage on the automatic. Bigger tires for standard option.

lousey mileage
By junemart

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My absolute foremost reason for buying this car was for the gas mileage. The mileage I am getting stinks, city and highway . The car is nice and quiet on the road but without cruise control and without the promised 36MPG I would rather be in my 2004 Forester that gets a solid 28MPG on the road. Other owners report good mpg. Are you driving at a steady 50 with no a/c and a brick (cruise control) on the pedal?

A car that competes with a bigger class
By Edward Vargas

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Here in Mexico itīs one of the best cars for your money.Being rated one of the best new comers in its class for the following reasons:Motor:only top premium sub compact cars,like Toyota or Honda,had CVVT Continous Variable Valve Timing,plus 16 valve,plus double overhead cams,which means more power, with more fuel efficiency,(top modern technology)but at a Hyundai Price.As being automatic transmission, its not to dull,it just takes a couple of seconds but once the gear is in,watch out,you wonīt notice youīve past your speed limit.It rides like a car of a bigger class, soft & smooth, better space than Toyota Yaris and Honda Civic and it rivals with Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla etc.

Stereo better than the medium cars,also the interior space,the technology of its motor equals to the subcompact premium cars,build quality "itīs touching japanese heels" as says Motor Trend & Automobile Magazine.Design: much more character than the Toyota Yaris.A subcompact that rivals with mediums.

A 1.8 engine or a 2.0

My Accent
By Shelby England

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my new Hyundai. I have actually exceeded the mpg of 36.54 on highway and avg 30-34 city driving. The handling is great. I spend much time in it and feel very comfortable. Car experts I've talked to say it can easily go 300,000 miles if taken care of properly.

Dashboard is excellent. Easy to read and reach while driving. I also have a XM Radio for long drives in West Texas. Air bags all around gives you a feeling of protection not found in many vehicles.

Automatic windows, doors and fog lights would be nice.