2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
incredable car for thousands less !
By mike on 01/08/07 19:17 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

this car does everything you could ask it to, never breaks, doesent complain and cruises at 80 getting 28mpg. (I live in Utah) Its not fancy, but it comes with everything standard. It is highly recommended by me. Also my Neighbor bought one and so did his sister after driving ours, They also are very pleased. I am glad I didnt buy the Toyota or Honda. The money I saved buys me gas for a few years!

Great drive for its money
By Henry David on 12/12/06 13:15 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I´ve had the car for five months and the pro´s are: great soft and smooth ride for a car its class, soft and no outside noise,good noise insulation and good stereo for the price, and lots of amenities. Great room for its size, good trunk space, and great handling in curves. The cons: not great gas mileage 21 to 23 miles per gallon on the city, if you don´t drive fast; but if you are those of whom, like driving fast it will give you less than 20 miles per galon, but the car will respond fast enough for city needs, and its fun! On mountain roads you have to push the acelerator, but the ride is stable on fast curves,I personaly use the 2nd gear, and turn off the overdrive and it responds nice!

lousey mileage
By junemart on 11/15/06 16:09 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My absolute foremost reason for buying this car was for the gas mileage. The mileage I am getting stinks, city and highway . The car is nice and quiet on the road but without cruise control and without the promised 36MPG I would rather be in my 2004 Forester that gets a solid 28MPG on the road. Other owners report good mpg. Are you driving at a steady 50 with no a/c and a brick (cruise control) on the pedal?

A car that competes with a bigger class
By Edward Vargas on 10/30/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Here in Mexico it´s one of the best cars for your money.Being rated one of the best new comers in its class for the following reasons:Motor:only top premium sub compact cars,like Toyota or Honda,had CVVT Continous Variable Valve Timing,plus 16 valve,plus double overhead cams,which means more power, with more fuel efficiency,(top modern technology)but at a Hyundai Price.As being automatic transmission, its not to dull,it just takes a couple of seconds but once the gear is in,watch out,you won´t notice you´ve past your speed limit.It rides like a car of a bigger class, soft & smooth, better space than Toyota Yaris and Honda Civic and it rivals with Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla etc.

My Accent
By Shelby England on 10/18/06 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my new Hyundai. I have actually exceeded the mpg of 36.54 on highway and avg 30-34 city driving. The handling is great. I spend much time in it and feel very comfortable. Car experts I've talked to say it can easily go 300,000 miles if taken care of properly.

Wow!! Tranny?? or car??
By Big Daddy on 10/16/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Tranny on my Dodge truck went out at 81K miles, swap tranny for ~ $4000?? or look for another car??. Bought this 2006 Accent, great choice!!. The mileage doubled, very impressed eith entire car. Have a 2000 Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Accent puts it to shame for the same price, hands down. Give this a look, very surprized at nice quality and fun to drive, plenty of romm for an econo box, hats off to Hyundai ...American auto builders wake up !!

Best Bet for Dollars and Sense
By annegdavis on 10/10/06 11:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best little car I ever drove. It's comfortable, roomy, tight brakes, excellent handling during turns, better than average stereo system, quiet motor, relatively low road noise, and gets reasonable gas milage. Much more comfortable and roomy than my previous Honda Civic. I feel like I'm sitting higher up, which helps me "aim high in steering". And at less than $13K, it's a steal. I'm very happy with this vehicle and would highly recommend it!

Watch out Toyota/Honda
By squireman on 08/28/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car! Decent acceleration and handling and amazing safety features for an econobox price. Great gas mileage too! Get the 5 speed and sport package and you won't be disappointed. I am glad I couldn't find a Yaris or a Fit and bought this baby instead. $1000 over sticker for a Fit? Get the Accent instead!

none
By AndyKorson on 08/15/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My real only issue at this time is the low mileage I am receiving. It's all considered city, but it is only 20-23 miles per gallon which is so much lower than that average number listed on the sticker display.

PAINT CHIPS VERY FAST
By b f on 08/10/06 03:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car. I love it except the paint is already chiping and I have it only 5 weeks. was told to buy touch up paint and get a sealant. As per gas it is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.