Used 2006 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

temperatures and doors
By loved7373

2006 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When temperatures are extremely high the central lock will not work, even opening the doors manually will not work either.

Reliable commuter!
By newenglandaccent

2006 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had mine for over four years now. I bought this to replace my Jeep Liberty due to the rising gas prices and my daily commute on the highway. Immediately we went from an average of 16MPG with the previous car to over 32 MPG with this car, cutting our costs in half. Typical in town driving sees about 28MPG and on the highway we get 34+ MPG. I do not drive slow so I am sure that we could squeeze more out of it if necessary. It fits one car seat, a 10 year old and a booster seat in the back and has big enough trunk space for a weekend trip with a stroller. Overall this is a great car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, great space for small car.

Great Car at Great Price
By Rich

2006 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 20,000 miles at a great price (thousands less than comparable Hondas, Toyotas, etc.). Car drives great and has been very reliable. Disappointed in gas mileage for a compact car (30 mpg average). No reliability issues.

Favorite Features

Well laid-out interior with plenty of features.

Suggested Improvements

Interior carpet is like velcro--holds grass and pine needles and you can hardly vacuum them out. Trunk cover over the spare tire is not strong enough--caved in with a load of groceries on it.

Mediocre Hyundai Accent
By Andie

2006 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from Enterprise Car Sales. It is a 2006 Accent GLS with about 45,000 miles on it when I bought it. It still had some of the 60k warranty left, which turns out I really needed! The car was fine for about a month, then a sensor went bad. Took the car to the dealership and they fixed it, it was covered under warranty, I was only disappointed that I was not provided with a rental car. Now I am at 54,000 miles, purchased that car 5 months ago, and an engine coil went bad. Took it in to the dealership, and turns out the warranty doesn't cover new spark plugs or a "decarbon" which I was told i needed, so this little car is starting to cost me quite a bit of money in repairs.

Favorite Features

The interior is comfortable and well designed for a small car. I liked the price and gas mileage too.

Suggested Improvements

A 3 year old car with 54k miles on it should not be breaking down this much, in my opinion. Makes me very worried for when my warranty runs out.

Good bang for the buck
By MEGKENNEDY

2006 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little car. The only issue I've had is a wire-thingy that caused my break lights to stay on. Took twice to get it fixed and was a bit of a pain, but was under $100 to get it fixed. For 77K miles I think that's pretty good. Gas mileage is excellent... I average 36/mpg.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability, good around-town and commute car

Suggested Improvements

REALLY needs cruise control. Also the trunk bottom (that covers the spare tire) is a total piece of junk and very frustrating.