Used 2006 Hyundai Accent GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

temperatures and doors
By loved7373

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When temperatures are extremely high the central lock will not work, even opening the doors manually will not work either.

Reliable commuter!
By newenglandaccent

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had mine for over four years now. I bought this to replace my Jeep Liberty due to the rising gas prices and my daily commute on the highway. Immediately we went from an average of 16MPG with the previous car to over 32 MPG with this car, cutting our costs in half. Typical in town driving sees about 28MPG and on the highway we get 34+ MPG. I do not drive slow so I am sure that we could squeeze more out of it if necessary. It fits one car seat, a 10 year old and a booster seat in the back and has big enough trunk space for a weekend trip with a stroller. Overall this is a great car.

Gas mileage, great space for small car.

Hyundai Accent Review
By Hal

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car to own. Sometimes need to double clutch to get in reverse gear. But this is only a slight inconvenients - not a problem to be concerned about. Excellent car to tow behind a Motorhome, just put in neutral, turn key to "ACC", and off you go (I pull the fuse for the dash on long tows).

1. Size - ease of parking and maneuvering. 2. Gas mileage - 33mpg 3.Good power and acceleration

1. Make sliding into reverse gear easier. 2. Change owner's manual to identify ability to tow behind a Motorhome.

incredable car for thousands less !
By mike

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

this car does everything you could ask it to, never breaks, doesent complain and cruises at 80 getting 28mpg. (I live in Utah) Its not fancy, but it comes with everything standard. It is highly recommended by me. Also my Neighbor bought one and so did his sister after driving ours, They also are very pleased. I am glad I didnt buy the Toyota or Honda. The money I saved buys me gas for a few years!

The whole car, It is a true value.

More attractive dash,better placed cup holders in front

My Accent
By Shelby England

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my new Hyundai. I have actually exceeded the mpg of 36.54 on highway and avg 30-34 city driving. The handling is great. I spend much time in it and feel very comfortable. Car experts I've talked to say it can easily go 300,000 miles if taken care of properly.

Dashboard is excellent. Easy to read and reach while driving. I also have a XM Radio for long drives in West Texas. Air bags all around gives you a feeling of protection not found in many vehicles.

Automatic windows, doors and fog lights would be nice.