2006 Hyundai Accent GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2006 Accent Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Sort Reviews by

temperatures and doors
By loved7373

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When temperatures are extremely high the central lock will not work, even opening the doors manually will not work either.

Reliable commuter!
By newenglandaccent

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had mine for over four years now. I bought this to replace my Jeep Liberty due to the rising gas prices and my daily commute on the highway. Immediately we went from an average of 16MPG with the previous car to over 32 MPG with this car, cutting our costs in half. Typical in town driving sees about 28MPG and on the highway we get 34+ MPG. I do not drive slow so I am sure that we could squeeze more out of it if necessary. It fits one car seat, a 10 year old and a booster seat in the back and has big enough trunk space for a weekend trip with a stroller. Overall this is a great car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, great space for small car.

Hyundai Accent Review
By Hal

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car to own. Sometimes need to double clutch to get in reverse gear. But this is only a slight inconvenients - not a problem to be concerned about. Excellent car to tow behind a Motorhome, just put in neutral, turn key to "ACC", and off you go (I pull the fuse for the dash on long tows).

Favorite Features

1. Size - ease of parking and maneuvering. 2. Gas mileage - 33mpg 3.Good power and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

1. Make sliding into reverse gear easier. 2. Change owner's manual to identify ability to tow behind a Motorhome.

incredable car for thousands less !
By mike

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

this car does everything you could ask it to, never breaks, doesent complain and cruises at 80 getting 28mpg. (I live in Utah) Its not fancy, but it comes with everything standard. It is highly recommended by me. Also my Neighbor bought one and so did his sister after driving ours, They also are very pleased. I am glad I didnt buy the Toyota or Honda. The money I saved buys me gas for a few years!

Favorite Features

The whole car, It is a true value.

Suggested Improvements

More attractive dash,better placed cup holders in front

My Accent
By Shelby England

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my new Hyundai. I have actually exceeded the mpg of 36.54 on highway and avg 30-34 city driving. The handling is great. I spend much time in it and feel very comfortable. Car experts I've talked to say it can easily go 300,000 miles if taken care of properly.

Favorite Features

Dashboard is excellent. Easy to read and reach while driving. I also have a XM Radio for long drives in West Texas. Air bags all around gives you a feeling of protection not found in many vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic windows, doors and fog lights would be nice.

Watch out Toyota/Honda
By squireman

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car! Decent acceleration and handling and amazing safety features for an econobox price. Great gas mileage too! Get the 5 speed and sport package and you won't be disappointed. I am glad I couldn't find a Yaris or a Fit and bought this baby instead. $1000 over sticker for a Fit? Get the Accent instead!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Safety, Handling, Acceleration, roominess, VALUE!

Suggested Improvements

Front Passenger armrest and cruise control would be nice

sweet little car
By aeon

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

going from a full size to a compact was a little tough at first, but i've been very pleased with the accent. very good on gas. been averaging 36mpg. comfy on my 40min drive to work. handles well on back roads and highway. roomy trunk for a compact. like the interior, except the carpeting is chintzy. exterior is nice also, liked it much better in person than in pics online. had it a month with no problems. plenty of standard features. price was better than toyota or scion.

Favorite Features

lots of cubbys to stash your stuff, gas mileage, 6 airbags and abs, nice stereo

Suggested Improvements

carpet could be nicer, warning bell when you leave your lights on, ipod jack

Accent or Scion XA
By Mark

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove XA and Accent, both great little cars. Accent had a tad more pep (5spd),more room for sports gear or groceries, more driver leg room. Shifted great, fun to drive and A+ on gas mpg.

Favorite Features

Feels firm on road for small car, solid. Air bag system, 4 wheel disc, ABS, have two boys. Shut the door and it sounds solid like top level import.

Suggested Improvements

Color is wine red but gray interior, tan is better. Wish I had power locks (kids).

4th Hyundai
By Mike

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It`s almost new, but have had two Hyundai and now we have an Elantra and an Accent. No problems with any so far.More for less money than the Toyota Yaris I looked at, Don`t know why I looked at any thing else.Tyler Texas

Favorite Features

It feels very solid and tight, still breaking it in, but even at low speeds it`s fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Well I have bumped my elbow on the doors armrest a couple of times, I will get used to where its at. The ash tray ( that I don`t Use ) looks like something is missing in the spot it leaves when you remove it. All minor stuff.

Safe & Fun
By Lisa

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love this little car! The reason I bought this car was for its safety, fuel economy and sporty look. It is great to drive, very responsive. The interior is very spacious, so is the trunk. Feel confident about traveling with my 16 month old. I researched other cars in this class and the Accent rules. I cannot believe there aren't more on the road. This car does not disappoint. Go buy one.

Favorite Features

the arm rest (great for driving the standard), warranty, great 360 visability, fuel economy, all the air bags, cup holders, child seat SIPS

Suggested Improvements

put the volume control for radio on steering wheel, put trunk release on keyless entry pad, arm rest for passager seat