2006 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
temperatures and doors
By loved7373 on 01/11/14 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When temperatures are extremely high the central lock will not work, even opening the doors manually will not work either.

Reliable commuter!
By newenglandaccent on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had mine for over four years now. I bought this to replace my Jeep Liberty due to the rising gas prices and my daily commute on the highway. Immediately we went from an average of 16MPG with the previous car to over 32 MPG with this car, cutting our costs in half. Typical in town driving sees about 28MPG and on the highway we get 34+ MPG. I do not drive slow so I am sure that we could squeeze more out of it if necessary. It fits one car seat, a 10 year old and a booster seat in the back and has big enough trunk space for a weekend trip with a stroller. Overall this is a great car.

Great Car at Great Price
By Rich on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 20,000 miles at a great price (thousands less than comparable Hondas, Toyotas, etc.). Car drives great and has been very reliable. Disappointed in gas mileage for a compact car (30 mpg average). No reliability issues.

Mediocre Hyundai Accent
By Andie on 11/28/09 10:01 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used from Enterprise Car Sales. It is a 2006 Accent GLS with about 45,000 miles on it when I bought it. It still had some of the 60k warranty left, which turns out I really needed! The car was fine for about a month, then a sensor went bad. Took the car to the dealership and they fixed it, it was covered under warranty, I was only disappointed that I was not provided with a rental car. Now I am at 54,000 miles, purchased that car 5 months ago, and an engine coil went bad. Took it in to the dealership, and turns out the warranty doesn't cover new spark plugs or a "decarbon" which I was told i needed, so this little car is starting to cost me quite a bit of money in repairs.

Good bang for the buck
By MEGKENNEDY on 05/12/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little car. The only issue I've had is a wire-thingy that caused my break lights to stay on. Took twice to get it fixed and was a bit of a pain, but was under $100 to get it fixed. For 77K miles I think that's pretty good. Gas mileage is excellent... I average 36/mpg.

Not the fuel mileage you would expect!
By kgirl on 04/08/09 16:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car specifically to get better gas mileage as my old car, a '99 Buick Century, was getting up there and losing it's MPGs (about 20- 21). As the gas prices soared, I thought I could and should do better, it was time for a new car. With all the Hyundai spots advertising 30/39, I thought the Accent would save me so much money in the future. Wrong! The car only gave me 21MPGs out of the gate. I bought one of those air flow jobbies and only got it up to 23- 24MPGs. I could have stayed in my Buick for this and it was already paid off! The look and the reliability are great, but I'm so disappointed overall. What was the point if the MPGs aren't nearly what they're claiming them to be?!

Accent Is Solid but MPGs stink!
By steve30122 on 10/14/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Accent after beginning to have trouble with my previous car, a VW Jetta Turbo. Notice my ratings above, they are completely honest. I have been very disappointed with the gas mileage for a car this size and with this little performance. My fuel economy averages in the mid-20s overall. I did exceed 30 mpg on a couple of long road trips, but only reached 33 mpg. Performance is pitiful if not down right dangerous. Its difficult to enter a crowded Intrste Hwy w/o getting pummeled. Now here's the good stuff. Haven't had a single hiccup with this car. The reliability has been perfect for 2 yrs/53K even in tough, city driving. The design and build have far exceeded my expectations.

Great Car
By Sherry on 08/27/07 22:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. Fun to drive and great gas milage. Mine is an automatic and it gets up and goes. I get around 38mpg on the road and around 34 in town. I'm not afraid to go anywhere in my car. Read other reviews, not getting good gas milage. Don't understand why.

Hyundai Accent Review
By Hal on 05/12/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car to own. Sometimes need to double clutch to get in reverse gear. But this is only a slight inconvenients - not a problem to be concerned about. Excellent car to tow behind a Motorhome, just put in neutral, turn key to "ACC", and off you go (I pull the fuse for the dash on long tows).

Entry level almost premium quality
By the twin on 03/20/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I´ve had the car for six months now, the build quality for its price is excellent, the ride, handling and the motor are better than my honda jazz/fit, but you have to sacrifice on gas mileage and top premium finish. The stereo is good compared to cars in its price range. I bought this car vs onother honda jazz/fit, because of its lower price,more space and motor.I love my honda,but liked more the looks of the hyundai sedan,its larger interior space and more motor.If you prefer low gas mileage and don´t mind small interior and like top premium quality materials for a compact sedan, get the honda, for space, larger motor and good quality built at low price, get the hyundai.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.