Used 2005 Hyundai Accent GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Reliable Car
By Jim

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A great basic reliable commuter. Not very attractive inside or out, but it does it job at a very low cost. I drive it 104 miles to and from work every day and after 125,000 miles have only replaced light bulbs and tires (amazingly, it still has the original brake pads!) This is a well built, rugged and inexpensive little car. It is not comfortable nor fun to drive. Acceleration is adequate and handling on dry rods is OK. Wet/slick road handling is very poor, however. Also, gas mileage is not quite as good as I would like from such a small car, but is in the high 20's. I do not recommend as a first car because of its poor wet/slick road handling, however.

Simple and straight forward design. It leaves nothing to figure out. Reliable and inexpensive to maintain and operate. Great warranty.

Manual windows have too much wind noise. They do not seal well. The car is noisy (engine, transmission and road noise). ABS is a must. Otherwise breaking performance and handling is very uneven. Only by the grace of God have I avoided deer and road hazards.

Good for few years if your a new driver
By boulevard226

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was a fairly new driver when I got mine, and this just may not be the car for me, but I do not like it. I had a nice Chevy Cavalier before this car and it was amazing so maybe I am comparing them unfairly. The engine struggles to accelerate. The dash is beyond plain and boring. The Sony Explode system I installed makes the car vibrate like crazy. I am tall and it limits my passengers cause if the seat is all the way back, I lose the seat behind me. All and all I only recommend this car as a starter for a youngster. Only thing good about this car is the MPG of about 30. Cant wait to get my 2010 Chevy Silverado! Think American.

The MPG. The fact you fit in to tight parking spots.

Add 1 or 2 cup holders to the back. There is 3 total in the car, 2 in the front one for the back. That doesn't make any sense. Make the engine not sound like it's going to have a car stroke when it has to speed up just be on the freeway.

Hyundai Accent = Lemon
By JoJoF8c

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car I bought in hopes it was a reliable car and wouldn't break down cuz its new. Since buying it, I have put in $5000 in just repairs. The dealer refuses to listen to me, cause I'm a girl & car was in a cosmetic accident a yr after buying it. Exterior of car was damaged only, but a year later it just refused to start and continues to have the same problem. Plus the radiator, water reservoir, thermostat all went out and now it won't stop overheating and it gives no notice that it is overheating, it just shuts off. In the last 2 weeks I have spent $2000 on it & been to mechanic 4 x. Never buy a hyundai again, not a quality car.

I love this car if it wasn't for the problems with it breaking down. When it runs, its awesome and great on mileage, but it keeps breaking down and that outweighs any other benefit of it. Paid $500 also on tow trucks.

To start better radiator, thermostat, transmission. And aside from wear and tear, mechanics that try to find the problem instead of getting out of work by saying it isn't covered by warranty anymore. The warranty is a joke.

QUALITY GOOD/MPG BAD
By drew

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's a peppy fast little car for the size of the car and area that I live in which is nothing but steep hills. The car had 26,000 on it when I purchased it and I only put 10,000 on it since then and I did not need to repair anything for it so far. The gas mpg could be better, I drive in the city 99% of the time but I only average 20-22 mpg. When I drive the highway, the mirrors seem to roll down a bit causing air to seep in causing loud whistling noise

price,speed and quality materials of the car, CUP holders, decent radio

Manual locks and mirrors, come on it's the 21st century. GAS MPG, paint chipping already

I hate this car
By TRNJ

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

1st off, within the first 12,000 miles, I had to go to the dealership 3x's b/c of my spark plugs -- then after about 10,000 more miles, I had to get them replaced again -- of course they didnt fix it right the first time... and second off, still having problems, just fixed my transmission and whatnot 500 buck -- of course only covered in the extended warranty--and it's still not fixed... it likes to accelerate and drop speed between 60-75, of course per my claim to the dealership -- they have NOO idea what I am talkin about, gotta bring it back in... my friend has the same car, he driver door doesnt lock anymore and her boyfriend has a 2Door accent (all '05) and his interior lights dont work

HA