2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Reliable Car
By Jim on 12/22/09 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A great basic reliable commuter. Not very attractive inside or out, but it does it job at a very low cost. I drive it 104 miles to and from work every day and after 125,000 miles have only replaced light bulbs and tires (amazingly, it still has the original brake pads!) This is a well built, rugged and inexpensive little car. It is not comfortable nor fun to drive. Acceleration is adequate and handling on dry rods is OK. Wet/slick road handling is very poor, however. Also, gas mileage is not quite as good as I would like from such a small car, but is in the high 20's. I do not recommend as a first car because of its poor wet/slick road handling, however.

Good for few years if your a new driver
By boulevard226 on 07/31/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was a fairly new driver when I got mine, and this just may not be the car for me, but I do not like it. I had a nice Chevy Cavalier before this car and it was amazing so maybe I am comparing them unfairly. The engine struggles to accelerate. The dash is beyond plain and boring. The Sony Explode system I installed makes the car vibrate like crazy. I am tall and it limits my passengers cause if the seat is all the way back, I lose the seat behind me. All and all I only recommend this car as a starter for a youngster. Only thing good about this car is the MPG of about 30. Cant wait to get my 2010 Chevy Silverado! Think American.

Hyundai Accent = Lemon
By JoJoF8c on 07/21/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st new car I bought in hopes it was a reliable car and wouldn't break down cuz its new. Since buying it, I have put in $5000 in just repairs. The dealer refuses to listen to me, cause I'm a girl & car was in a cosmetic accident a yr after buying it. Exterior of car was damaged only, but a year later it just refused to start and continues to have the same problem. Plus the radiator, water reservoir, thermostat all went out and now it won't stop overheating and it gives no notice that it is overheating, it just shuts off. In the last 2 weeks I have spent $2000 on it & been to mechanic 4 x. Never buy a hyundai again, not a quality car.

QUALITY GOOD/MPG BAD
By drew on 03/10/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's a peppy fast little car for the size of the car and area that I live in which is nothing but steep hills. The car had 26,000 on it when I purchased it and I only put 10,000 on it since then and I did not need to repair anything for it so far. The gas mpg could be better, I drive in the city 99% of the time but I only average 20-22 mpg. When I drive the highway, the mirrors seem to roll down a bit causing air to seep in causing loud whistling noise

I hate this car
By TRNJ on 08/29/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

1st off, within the first 12,000 miles, I had to go to the dealership 3x's b/c of my spark plugs -- then after about 10,000 more miles, I had to get them replaced again -- of course they didnt fix it right the first time... and second off, still having problems, just fixed my transmission and whatnot 500 buck -- of course only covered in the extended warranty--and it's still not fixed... it likes to accelerate and drop speed between 60-75, of course per my claim to the dealership -- they have NOO idea what I am talkin about, gotta bring it back in... my friend has the same car, he driver door doesnt lock anymore and her boyfriend has a 2Door accent (all '05) and his interior lights dont work

I love how my Accent feels
By Christine Sanchez on 10/11/06 08:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One thing I really not noticed is that it takes very well to corners and when I need to accelerate quickley I can count on it to give me that edge. I have relied on the breaks several times to help me avoid sudden stopping around me and this was comforting to know how dependable the brakes were. I call her "squirt" because she is small compared to our SUV but has amazing punch and is just overall fun to drive. I don't recommend you make interior any smaller as it can feel cramped with my 6' foot tall quarterback son in the car! He feels it to be snug when he drives.

Excellent value
By Connecticut Yankee on 08/07/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Escellent on gas (30 mpg with automatic transmission), but not a "flashy car." Inside in basic, synthetic materials. Stereo is pretty good, however. Plenty of leg and head room for front seat drivers (I'm 6 feet, 190lbs). Overall, a great value. OH- and don't think this car is slow! If you want to do 85 on the highway, this car will satisfy the speedy traveller.

Good starter car
By Brenda on 04/30/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Accent is definitely economical but it offers a rough ride. The engine is loud especially when accelerating quickly. The ride is stiff (not floaty) you know you are in a small car when you drive it. It will get up and go if you push it but dont plan on any long drives with a car full of people in comfort. Overall I would rate it at about a 6 or 7. It would make a great first car because of the Parking capabilities, fuel economy, low price and warranty. Seasoned drivers are bound to be disapointed. Just try to remember this car is not intended to handle like a Camero or even a Corolla. It is a compact car and performs like a compact should.

Reliable and comfortable
By Ed Coonce on 03/15/06 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my fourth Hyundai and third Accent, and the quality level is very high. I appreciate the smooth quiet ride and good gas mileage. I am looking forward to a Hyundai Hybrid, or alternative fuel vehicle. I'm a satisfied customer.

2005 Accent in Colorado
By Tammie on 03/09/06 11:04 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for economy, and I got alot more. I has alot of comfort and handles nice. Would buy it again. Keyless remote would of been nice though.