2005 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
3 yrs: zero repair -- $300 maintenance
By WIprofessional on 09/01/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 45 miles each way for work on country roads. This car has been comfortable and fun to drive for the first 3 years. Gets 40 mpg at ~50 mph ave speed w/o using air conditioning. 36 mpg highway w/o air; 34 mpg highway with air. Hauls canoe well. Plenty of power without heavy load: feels sluggish with 5 passengers and luggage. Also sluggish on big hills even with only 1 passenger. Like every Hyundai I've owned (3) very reliable and no repair costs.

puddle jumper
By bob on 06/13/07 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

traded my explorer for it .wise trade has plenty of go with 5 speed, added mud guards and hood bra and window vents. will tint out hatchback this week

AccentGT!
By toocrazy2yoo on 03/13/06 04:10 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fine little car. Came with the preferred power pkg with the power locks, windows, CD, fog lights a/c. Has 5 speed. Engine is smooth, fast within a narrow range of rpm, and gets good mileage (38 on the road, no AC, 70-80 MPH). I'm 6'2" and I have plenty of leg/head room. The GT comes with a sub-frame, stiffer struts, springs, stabilizer bars front and rear, and bigger tires, and handles really well. Remains flat and well-planted on the exit ramps and sweeps hitting the interstate. Stable and smooth at speed. Turns on a dime. Hatchback allows more storage than the trunk of my 92 Elantra (which had 250k on it). Reliable? Only have 2k miles on it, but it should be great with the 100k warranty

Good car
By jl on 08/09/05 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Seems to be a good little car. very good on the gas. runs well and can move when needed, with a manual transmission.

great purchase
By Don on 05/21/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

this car was a great purchase for me...it's very reliable,fun to drive and can't beat the price. And for a few extra bucks...you get the 10yr/100k mile. I will have nothing to do with this car except drive it...and keep the oil changed.

Accent GT
By Donald on 04/02/05 07:42 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am thoroughly enjoying my Accent GT...fun to drive, peppy, good gas mileage. Down sides - small, stuffy interior, good for single younger people. Seats are a bit stiff. Definitely not a long distance drive car. Rear with spoiler sits very high and takes away from visibilty behind the car quite a bit.

My little car
By Steve Williamson on 02/19/05 08:28 AM (PST)

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have no regrets in the purchase of my Accent. It is not a luxury car but it is economical, reliable and I enjoy driving it. I get on average 38 MPG but I have had 44 MPG. For a small car it is amazing how much you can pack inside. With it being a hatchback, the trunk storage is very spacious for the size car. The main thing I dislike about the car's interior is the fact it has no interior armrest. This model didn't come with a clock on the dash either. In order to purchase the one that fits into the dash would have cost me around $200 which I thought was ridiculous. All in all, I love my little car. It provides me cheap reliable transportation. I enjoy the drive.