Used 2005 Hyundai Accent GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

This car just keeps going
By chehalispete

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car out of desperation when my old car died. I was looking for anything when I went to a dealer who pushed it on me more or less. I felt I paid a little too much but whatever. I bought it 6 1/2 years ago with 13,000 miles on it. Today I'm at 200,000 and the only problem I have had is the timing chain went out (my fault since I should have changed it). It is hands down THE MOST reliable car I have ever owned. I'm always looking at other cars, but I know I will keep driving this thing just to see how long it will last. It reinforces my theory that cars you love will screw you over, but cars you don't car about will serve you well for years.

Gets good mileage. Sort of fun to drive since I like a stick shift. The factory cassette tape deck in a 2005 car never ceases to amaze me. The Koreans really have their finger on the pulse of American audio technology. I like the simplicity of it even though lately I have been looking at Cadillacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles with all the bells and whistles.

Nothing. I would say the tape deck, but then the car would be ABSOLUTELY no fun.

Durable, practical & affordable
By HyundaiMomma

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was just out of college & driving a '05 Ford Escort when I bought the Accent new. I test drove a '05 Elantra & preferred it to the Accent for 2 reasons (smoother shifting & a quieter ride). However the Accent was more affordable on my tight budget. 5 years & 65K miles later, I haven't had to have any work done on it. I've replaced the tires as part of routine maintenance. A few months ago a party driving around 25 mph rear-ended my Accent. Damage was limited to the bumper. Sometimes I feel a little crowded when there is someone else riding in front with me but my son feels comfortable riding in the back. Sharp handling and good breaking - a zippy car that maneuvers tight spaces well

Sporty looking for an economy car. Good price! Good gas mileage.

Is there any way the ride could be quieter on the highways? Larger cup holders. Extra electrical outlet, maybe in the back, to charge phones & game systems. USB outlet to play music from MP3 player. Tilting steering wheel.

Nice Accent
By Gordy

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A nice compact for the price. Very reliable. Handles well, but a little bumpy on uneven roads. Great warranty. Only problem has been to replace spark plug wires after check engine light displayed, and this was handled promptly by the Hyundai dealer.

The car has a somewhat sporty look. Manual shift works well. Good mileage generally around 32 mpg overall. Back seat drops to allow plenty of room for larger cargo.

Manual windows don't seal very tightly, so there is occasional wind noise.

Hello high maintenence cost!
By dj

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well, ive had my 2005 accent for just over a year now, and put over 20,000 miles on it. My old Toyota finally took a dump, and I needed a car asap for my pizza delivery job. So I got suckered into this car because it was the only one I could get financed on. It didnt come with a owners manual. Ive had to take it in 3 times already, now they tell me I have to change the crappy timing belt every 6 months at $500 bucks a pop, how can I possibly afford this on a min. Wage job? classic buyers remorse!

gas milege

better design, lower maintenance cost!!

Awesome car. Great mpg AND fun to drive!
By sumeetd

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 17 and this was my first car. Being a teen, I don't make a lot of money, but thats ok since this baby gets great mpg. On average I get about 33 mpg. Plus the car itself is really fun to drive. The car is extremely nimble. With my aggressive driving habits, I find myself weaving through highway traffic with ease.

The seats (especially the back seats) are extremely roomy and comfy.

The cup holders are right in front of the ac knobs and thats really really annoying.