Used 2005 Hyundai Accent GLS Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Awesome little car!
By Shawna

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in 2008 with 35k miles on it. It is now 2016 and I'm still driving it with 286,000 miles on it! I love my car! There have been some fixes here and there- I had to replace both front axles a few years ago. I replaced a couple belts. The a/c doesn't work anymore. I replaced the radio with a better one. Both interior door handles broke. I fixed the drivers door and it lasted a couple years and broke again. It's ok. To me, it's all just fixing the wear and tear. I would buy this car again, any day. It's not very often that you find a car like this one.

Falling apart, but still only costs $10 to fill up
By Karen june

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car just under a year ago, and since I've had it there's always been something wrong with it. Tranny slips, all interior lights are out, a/c went out, and burns oil. Just always something wrong. If it wasn't for the gas mileage I would give it away. Paid a good price, but wasn't told how much was wrong with it.

Driving it was a lot of fun before the tranny really started to slip. And a/c blew snowflakes before it went out. I hate stock radios so I have my own radio and 6x9's in it.

This car just keeps going
By chehalispete

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car out of desperation when my old car died.
I was looking for anything when I went to a dealer who pushed it on me more or less.
I felt I paid a little too much but whatever.

I bought it 6 1/2 years ago with 13,000 miles on it.
Today I'm at 200,000 and the only problem I have had is the timing chain went out (my fault since I should have changed it).
It is hands down THE MOST reliable car I have ever owned.
I'm always looking at other cars, but I know I will keep driving this thing just to see how long it will last.
It reinforces my theory that cars you love will screw you over, but cars you don't car about will serve you well for years.

Gets good mileage. Sort of fun to drive since I like a stick shift. The factory cassette tape deck in a 2005 car never ceases to amaze me. The Koreans really have their finger on the pulse of American audio technology. I like the simplicity of it even though lately I have been looking at Cadillacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles with all the bells and whistles.

Nothing. I would say the tape deck, but then the car would be ABSOLUTELY no fun.

Durable, practical & affordable
By HyundaiMomma

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was just out of college & driving a '05 Ford Escort when I bought the Accent new. I test drove a '05 Elantra & preferred it to the Accent for 2 reasons (smoother shifting & a quieter ride). However the Accent was more affordable on my tight budget. 5 years & 65K miles later, I haven't had to have any work done on it. I've replaced the tires as part of routine maintenance. A few months ago a party driving around 25 mph rear-ended my Accent. Damage was limited to the bumper. Sometimes I feel a little crowded when there is someone else riding in front with me but my son feels comfortable riding in the back. Sharp handling and good breaking - a zippy car that maneuvers tight spaces well

Sporty looking for an economy car. Good price! Good gas mileage.

Is there any way the ride could be quieter on the highways? Larger cup holders. Extra electrical outlet, maybe in the back, to charge phones & game systems. USB outlet to play music from MP3 player. Tilting steering wheel.

Nice Accent
By Gordy

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

A nice compact for the price. Very reliable. Handles well, but a little bumpy on uneven roads. Great warranty. Only problem has been to replace spark plug wires after check engine light displayed, and this was handled promptly by the Hyundai dealer.

The car has a somewhat sporty look. Manual shift works well. Good mileage generally around 32 mpg overall. Back seat drops to allow plenty of room for larger cargo.

Manual windows don't seal very tightly, so there is occasional wind noise.