Used 2005 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Awesome little car!
By Shawna

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in 2008 with 35k miles on it. It is now 2016 and I'm still driving it with 286,000 miles on it! I love my car! There have been some fixes here and there- I had to replace both front axles a few years ago. I replaced a couple belts. The a/c doesn't work anymore. I replaced the radio with a better one. Both interior door handles broke. I fixed the drivers door and it lasted a couple years and broke again. It's ok. To me, it's all just fixing the wear and tear. I would buy this car again, any day. It's not very often that you find a car like this one.

Falling apart, but still only costs $10 to fill up
By Karen june

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car just under a year ago, and since I've had it there's always been something wrong with it. Tranny slips, all interior lights are out, a/c went out, and burns oil. Just always something wrong. If it wasn't for the gas mileage I would give it away. Paid a good price, but wasn't told how much was wrong with it.

Driving it was a lot of fun before the tranny really started to slip. And a/c blew snowflakes before it went out. I hate stock radios so I have my own radio and 6x9's in it.

Tiny, but mighty!
By Samuel

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's not the fastest, or most impressive car. But it's fun to drive and the mileage is amazing!

This car just keeps going
By chehalispete

2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car out of desperation when my old car died.
I was looking for anything when I went to a dealer who pushed it on me more or less.
I felt I paid a little too much but whatever.

I bought it 6 1/2 years ago with 13,000 miles on it.
Today I'm at 200,000 and the only problem I have had is the timing chain went out (my fault since I should have changed it).
It is hands down THE MOST reliable car I have ever owned.
I'm always looking at other cars, but I know I will keep driving this thing just to see how long it will last.
It reinforces my theory that cars you love will screw you over, but cars you don't car about will serve you well for years.

Gets good mileage. Sort of fun to drive since I like a stick shift. The factory cassette tape deck in a 2005 car never ceases to amaze me. The Koreans really have their finger on the pulse of American audio technology. I like the simplicity of it even though lately I have been looking at Cadillacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles with all the bells and whistles.

Nothing. I would say the tape deck, but then the car would be ABSOLUTELY no fun.

I so love my little car!
By jannes

2005 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used in 2007 w/ 25K miles on it after owning an Excel, it's older sister. There was one major issue it had immediately after purchase (speed sensors went out - totally covered by warranty). Heard it's good to change timing belt before 100K so had a full $500 tune-up done then and have never had an issue in the now 5 years I've had it & only done routine oil changes otherwise. I have maintained 35 mpg consistently in town and 40 mpg highway. Plush? Frills? Sporty power? No - but if you're ok with feeling the road under you and enjoy great gas mileage & the joys of a hatchback, an Accent rules! Con: poor visiblity out the back window due to its 'bubble butt' as I call it.

Gas mileage

better rear design for improved view, pop-out windows in back seat like the Excel had, tighter turning radius