2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - great commuter car

2004 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

great commuter car
By TTV on

2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Accent (2 dr/manual) in August at a dealer in CA as an advertised special for $6880. After adding in $1500 for dealer installed AC plus tax, license, and fees, the total came out to $9200. You get a lot of car for this price. Runs great (13,000 miles in 6 months without any problems). Average 35-40 MPG depending on traffic and speed. Did research before deciding to go with Hyundai instead of a Civic or Echo. Hyundai has really improved in quality and reliability over the last few years and I am happy with my purchase. Will definitely consider Hyundai for next purchase. Hope this is useful for others.

Favorite Features

Manual is fun to drive. Lots of room for stuff when rear seats folded down for the hatchback. Side air curtains standard. Adequate rear room for average sized-adults on short trips (2- 3 hours). After that, you probably want to stretch out. Warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Base radio had no CD player. I hope someone at Hyundai reads this also. AC and CD player should be standard equipment in all cars.