2004 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
I love my car
By patmcallister on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a very steep mountain grade daily and still average 32MPG! I love that the car has added safty features for both the passenger and driver in the dual airbags and steel reinforced doors

Performance in accident
By jillboaz on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Hyundai. My first Hyundai was totalled in an accident when a woman ran a stop sign and hit me on the driver's side. I was able to walk away from the accident. I did not have side airbags. I think she hit me at about 30-45 mph. I am very happy with the warranty and performance of my hyundai.

It's A Funday In Your Hyundai
By MoMichael on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Hyundai has been fun and relieble. The gas milage is terrific. (35 mpg) After I put some good snow tires on the car it clawed through some really deep snow. The car really reminds me of the earlier year Honda Civics. I am 6'1" and the car fits me comfortably. For the money this car is the best bargain out there. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. For commuting it is fun and nimble and the warranty is terrific. My car is pretty basic but it does the job and does it well. If you are looking for a good sub-compact car it should definitely be a consideration.

got all i paid for
By idwi2000 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

i,ve had this vehicle for 1 year now and i,ve not had to return to the dealer for any warranty work. i will make an appointment for on buzzing speaker in the rt frt area of the stereo. aside from that, i feel i got a very good vehicle for a very good price. i bought the 2003 accent gt with 5spd manual trans and i,m satisfied with all aspects of the car. i will look into another hyundai when i,m ready to trade or upgrade. thanks hyundai for a fine product.

got a mechanic????
By JennFarrug on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Keep taking it in for transmission problems, will shift hard into gear and out of gear, now accelerator sticking. Dealer can't find problem till it shows up on their computer. Hasn't shown up yet, but still major problems. They ever hear of driving it or looking under the hood? How about a old fashioned mechanic who actually looks for the problem instead of relying on a computer to tell them what's wrong?

Accent you really win
By raceordie on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

for the performace it is great 106hp and weighing only 2200lbs this little car gets up.Comfort is awesome the seat hugs me and fell like im driving sports car. the car dose great on gas, and i love starting the car up every day. the desingn on the car interior, exterior has great looks and turns heads the quilty and reliablity is just as good as any honda or toyota i personally put tons of miles on my accent and drive it like hell and all i ever have to do is chang the oil. you get alot more for alot less then its rivials.. so if your looking for a fun car to drive that looks cool with 10year 100k warrenty go for the accent.

Love my Hyundai
By marion on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car.....this car looks sporty and the price is right....I love my sun roof, and some of the other features. I'm also glad it's a basic model, no electric windows to worry about....I hate ABS...so this is a great car for me. It handles really well...drives pretty smooth, and I find it a lot of trunk space....and room for friends in the back. My friends are surprised by how spacious it's in the back. Very economical to drive. ")

Fun Economy
By Texworkmom on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot of interstate hwys. and in town. The pick-up of the engine is good with the 5-speed transmission and I average 36 mi. per gallon of gas. I like hatchback style, but a scoop might jazz it up?!.

Worth Buying a Accent GT
By hyundaiman on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The best car that I have bought the quality is A+. The GT model is hard to find.

Fun to Drive
By mmccabe on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car foe 4 weeks now but really like it. Not fancy but comfortable. Easy to drive, easy to manuever. Can make sharp turns, no problem. Fun to drive. Yhe only thing I don't like is the positioning of the cup holder in relation to the ashtray.