2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Great little car
By sunnysammy74 on 12/15/11 19:51 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love this little car I just bought it a few months ago as my first car for $3,700 It's been great to me so far, although it feels like I'm not getting the best gas miles I could be getting. My car has around 99,000 miles on it and it's still drives like a dream, it may not be a Lexus but it's still an awesome car, it would be great as someones first car.

Champina -- surprised to find a new love!
By mikistewart on 06/21/11 13:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our used 2004 Accent GL Sedan last August for $3,600.00. This amazing compact car quickly became our go-to choice -- even for distance travel! She's already been roundtrip from Nebraska to Arizona. We named her "Champina". Our first vehicle is a 2001 Dodge RAM Pickup with every luxury; Champy was bought as Mom's "local errand car". When gas prices topped $3 a gallon, she became our primary transportation. The Accent's fuel economy, comfort and reliablity have won us over; our 15 MPG RAM is reserved for hauling, intown errands and "boys night out!" She has needed only regular maintenance in >15,000 miles of all-weather mountain travel.

Transmission issue
By Mo on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The car has transmission issue, i thought it is mine only, then after researching the web i found it is very common, it is also pulls to the right, i took it to Firestone, they found a factory error that can not be corrected (it was not that bad), the conclusion is: you get what you pay for, the good thing is parts are kinda cheap compared to other cars.

Great car w/ good gas mileage!
By MikeB on 03/04/10 10:02 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for a little over 2 years about 30,000 miles. I traded in a WRX for this so it was quite different but I needed a better price and gas mileage. It was comfortable got around 30mpg and never had any issues!

Very good car
By Dan-R on 08/20/08 16:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is an absolutely wonderful small car. I use it to go to work everyday. Very very reliable. I am hitting around 35mpg on highway. I have never spent any money to fix anything (there weren't many) yet. Hyundai honors their warranty very well.

75,000 miles and no problems
By NikoinCA on 05/20/08 02:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just hit the 75,000 mile mark and haven't had a single problem. I quite literally just change the oil, haven't had to do a single thing except normal routine maintenance like new transmission fluid and timing belt. Highway mileage is great, I average about 33. City mileage is pretty bad, I average about 20. The cars look is pretty bland and the resale value is laughable. But if your thinking about buying this car and you can find it for under 45,000 miles and under 7 thousand bucks I highly recommend it.

Good car for the money
By chrisclocher on 01/11/05 09:09 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to anyone looking for cheap transportation. I have not had any trouble with this car since the day I bought it. I would like to see Hyundai add more insulation though because the ride can get a little noisy without the radio on.

Take It Off The Market
By Slinkygirl on 11/03/04 23:53 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Take it off the market before someone gets hurt. It is a piece of junk and a saftey hazard. Hard to control and even harder at higher speeds. Hyundai does NOT stand behind their products. I have spent more time at the dealerhip than driving this junk.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
By Hotta on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

PERFORMANCE IS NOT GOOD. HARD TO HANDLE AND STEER. SWAYS TO THE LEFT. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. COULD INTERFERE WITH SAFETY.

Driving Hazard
By Hottasalsa on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I also drove not only my new Accent but another one. They both have the same steering problem. Resulting in the way the car is made. While driving the goes pulls to the left. I was told that with the torte steering and a small car it will do that and is not a repair issue. As the months went on the pull to the left got worse. It was very hard to handle on the road and I feel it is a driving hazard.