Used 2004 Hyundai Accent GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

What an economical find!
By pamedict

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Originally bought my son a used 2002 2- Door GS Accent to drive to school in 2008. Had to drive it a few times and was impressed with the handling, power and overall comfort since I'm a big person. Not fancy, but functional so I decided to keep my eyes open for another one for my daughter who will turn 16 this summer. I found a 2-door Accent GT, one owner in relatively good looking condition. After a Car Fax report and a phone call to the dealer who sold and serviced the car I made an offer to the local used car dealer and we negotiated for a day or two and I bought the vehicle in February. Have put a couple thousand miles on it and I find it to be a great vehicle for the money spent so far.

Gas mileage for an automatic on the highway is exceptional; getting like 33-36 when I'm on the 'turnpike' and I don't have to do 'stop and go driving'. City driving I'm getting between 28-30 and I am very pleased with that. Put new tires on it a battery and some other issues were taken care of.

Offer electronic window / door locks as an option package. Little bigger cup holders and armrests for both front seats would be nice. Interior light should come on when you get in the vehicle and a remote door release for the back hatch would be a nice convenience.

Trouble child
By kenosmom

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Accent GT new and regretted that purchase! Transmission troubles plagued it (my neighbor also has an '04 Accent and had to have tranny replaced at 30,000 miles). Blew out valves upon traveling over Blue Ridge mountains. Traded it in after owning for a troublesome 8 months for a Jeep. Never looked back! My first and last Hyundai!

Fairly comfortable seating position for driver.

Better quality powertrain and improve reliability. Also would benefit from more room in rear seat area (look at VW Rabbit!)

great little car
By mitch

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2 dr gt hatchback, auto. 53k on the car, only 1 minor problem covered under warranty (rear windshield wiper wouldn't turn off). gas mileage could be better, but is acceptable on the automatic. VERY versatile, i had a 7 foot christmas tree inside the car (with the trunk door closed). very comfortable, love the lumbar on the drivers seat. drives very well, corners are fun with the sport tuned suspension. turning diameter is great, about 32 ft. engine noise is pronounced, but its ok on the highway. bought it brand new (GT trim & power package) for 11,262 OTD. GREAT car, will definitely buy another hyundai.

sport cloth, bucket seats. leather wrapped steering wheel. reliability and or course, the warranty.

maybe cruise control, nothing else comes to mind

Performance in accident
By jillboaz

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Hyundai. My first Hyundai was totalled in an accident when a woman ran a stop sign and hit me on the driver's side. I was able to walk away from the accident. I did not have side airbags. I think she hit me at about 30-45 mph. I am very happy with the warranty and performance of my hyundai.

Passenger side airbags, Hatchback, clock, rear wiper, excellent visibility, excellent size for parking, 5 gear, excellent gas mileage, also the warranty, which I did have to take advantage of in my other car, and which was honored.

driver's and passenger SIDE airbags

got all i paid for
By idwi2000

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

i,ve had this vehicle for 1 year now and i,ve not had to return to the dealer for any warranty work. i will make an appointment for on buzzing speaker in the rt frt area of the stereo. aside from that, i feel i got a very good vehicle for a very good price. i bought the 2003 accent gt with 5spd manual trans and i,m satisfied with all aspects of the car. i will look into another hyundai when i,m ready to trade or upgrade. thanks hyundai for a fine product.

solid ride and handling, nice stereo sound,comfortable seats and good looks for an economy vehicle.

a slight power improvement would be a plus and i little more positive feel to the shifter.