2004 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
What an economical find!
By pamedict on 04/11/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Originally bought my son a used 2002 2- Door GS Accent to drive to school in 2008. Had to drive it a few times and was impressed with the handling, power and overall comfort since I'm a big person. Not fancy, but functional so I decided to keep my eyes open for another one for my daughter who will turn 16 this summer. I found a 2-door Accent GT, one owner in relatively good looking condition. After a Car Fax report and a phone call to the dealer who sold and serviced the car I made an offer to the local used car dealer and we negotiated for a day or two and I bought the vehicle in February. Have put a couple thousand miles on it and I find it to be a great vehicle for the money spent so far.

Trouble child
By kenosmom on 04/08/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Accent GT new and regretted that purchase! Transmission troubles plagued it (my neighbor also has an '04 Accent and had to have tranny replaced at 30,000 miles). Blew out valves upon traveling over Blue Ridge mountains. Traded it in after owning for a troublesome 8 months for a Jeep. Never looked back! My first and last Hyundai!

great little car
By mitch on 01/22/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2 dr gt hatchback, auto. 53k on the car, only 1 minor problem covered under warranty (rear windshield wiper wouldn't turn off). gas mileage could be better, but is acceptable on the automatic. VERY versatile, i had a 7 foot christmas tree inside the car (with the trunk door closed). very comfortable, love the lumbar on the drivers seat. drives very well, corners are fun with the sport tuned suspension. turning diameter is great, about 32 ft. engine noise is pronounced, but its ok on the highway. bought it brand new (GT trim & power package) for 11,262 OTD. GREAT car, will definitely buy another hyundai.

Performance in accident
By jillboaz on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Hyundai. My first Hyundai was totalled in an accident when a woman ran a stop sign and hit me on the driver's side. I was able to walk away from the accident. I did not have side airbags. I think she hit me at about 30-45 mph. I am very happy with the warranty and performance of my hyundai.

got all i paid for
By idwi2000 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

i,ve had this vehicle for 1 year now and i,ve not had to return to the dealer for any warranty work. i will make an appointment for on buzzing speaker in the rt frt area of the stereo. aside from that, i feel i got a very good vehicle for a very good price. i bought the 2003 accent gt with 5spd manual trans and i,m satisfied with all aspects of the car. i will look into another hyundai when i,m ready to trade or upgrade. thanks hyundai for a fine product.

Accent you really win
By raceordie on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

for the performace it is great 106hp and weighing only 2200lbs this little car gets up.Comfort is awesome the seat hugs me and fell like im driving sports car. the car dose great on gas, and i love starting the car up every day. the desingn on the car interior, exterior has great looks and turns heads the quilty and reliablity is just as good as any honda or toyota i personally put tons of miles on my accent and drive it like hell and all i ever have to do is chang the oil. you get alot more for alot less then its rivials.. so if your looking for a fun car to drive that looks cool with 10year 100k warrenty go for the accent.

I love my Accent
By eje428 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it in April 2003, and have driven it around town and a family trip of 2,000 miles. The ride was excellent and the mileage was great. I love the fact that My Accent has such a great warranty. I am not sorry for buying it and I highly recommend the car to anyone. The only thing I wish I did was get 4 doors. My children are grown but my grandchildren now ride with me.