2004 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
2004 Hyundai Accent GT
By makojakopako on 04/22/12 10:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Our GT (bought new in 2004 and 75k miles now) is no thrill ride, but no shame, either. With better gas we do zero to 60 mph under 10sec (with automatic tranny.) and still averaging 29mpg. I love this GT version. It's much better than the regular Accent. Handling is better and steering is more precise. Acceleration is better too. Changed first set of tires at 55k. No prob with tranny or engine. The stock breaks and rotors are bit on weak side. But for the price nobody can complain. We used warranty only once when muffler got noisy and that was all. This is the BEST VALUE transp you can get. And also, this model has front seat-mounted side airbags which no others cars in the same class offer!

My 2004 Accent
By jann6 on 03/31/12 09:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mt Accent in 2005 as a new car. It has never let me down, I now have 126,000 plus kilometres. I have always serviced it at 7500 kilometres or every 6 months and have had no trouble. The only thing that worries me is that the tyres wear out a lot faster than other cars I have had, I am onto my 4th set of new tyres, maybe I should have had more wheel balances done, I think this could be a downer. Still it is a great car and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a used car. ps it is a manual and my 17 yr old daughter has found it really easy to drive!!

Great little car
By sunnysammy74 on 12/15/11 19:51 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love this little car I just bought it a few months ago as my first car for $3,700 It's been great to me so far, although it feels like I'm not getting the best gas miles I could be getting. My car has around 99,000 miles on it and it's still drives like a dream, it may not be a Lexus but it's still an awesome car, it would be great as someones first car.

Champina -- surprised to find a new love!
By mikistewart on 06/21/11 13:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our used 2004 Accent GL Sedan last August for $3,600.00. This amazing compact car quickly became our go-to choice -- even for distance travel! She's already been roundtrip from Nebraska to Arizona. We named her "Champina". Our first vehicle is a 2001 Dodge RAM Pickup with every luxury; Champy was bought as Mom's "local errand car". When gas prices topped $3 a gallon, she became our primary transportation. The Accent's fuel economy, comfort and reliablity have won us over; our 15 MPG RAM is reserved for hauling, intown errands and "boys night out!" She has needed only regular maintenance in >15,000 miles of all-weather mountain travel.

Transmission issue
By Mo on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The car has transmission issue, i thought it is mine only, then after researching the web i found it is very common, it is also pulls to the right, i took it to Firestone, they found a factory error that can not be corrected (it was not that bad), the conclusion is: you get what you pay for, the good thing is parts are kinda cheap compared to other cars.

Lost it to accident 125,000 miles
By consumer on 07/15/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Only had to change timing belt at 60,000 mi and 120,000 miles at a cost of approximately $250 to $300. One set of brake pads at 70,000 mi and the rest was just wipers and bulbs. Car was considered a total loss with insurance company. I did not want to get rid of it. It did very well on a head on collision. At least I thought. Minimal damage in my eyes. A great car company backs their vehicles with a 10year/ 100,000 mi warranty on engine and powertrain and a 5year/60,000 mi bumper to bumper warranty! Oh and don't give me that "I want to buy American" crap. Hyundai is built here in America. Ford fusion has "assembled in Mexico" or parts from Japan!

Great Car!
By bunorra on 06/18/10 04:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my little black accent now for 6 years. I'm now looking to upgrade to a Mini Cooper for the only reason that I just want a newer car and a change. I'm a little worried though about letting this baby go as it has been the BEST car EVER! Never had a problem. I'm determined to find a buyer that loves it as much as I do and I will be very sad to see it drive away. If you are looking to buy an accent I would say DO IT!

Excellent little car
By speedracer008 on 03/23/10 08:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It was good to get around town in and it can take a hit. Unfortunately it very successfully stopped a large adult deer straight on the front end but I, the driver, remained completely safe. It was fuel efficient and an easy little car to drive. It's small size allowed for easy parking anywhere! Overall a nice little car.

Great car w/ good gas mileage!
By MikeB on 03/04/10 10:02 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this car for a little over 2 years about 30,000 miles. I traded in a WRX for this so it was quite different but I needed a better price and gas mileage. It was comfortable got around 30mpg and never had any issues!

Worth the money
By John on 11/12/09 05:06 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 5 years now and the only expensive thing ive done to it was a timing belt. (Part of 60,000 mi service). Other than that it has given me no problems. You cant beat a 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and a 10 year 100,000 mile engine and power train warranty. The warranty was why I bought this car. I just wish other makes of vehicles would do the same.