Used 2004 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Very Satisfied with First Car
By prymal1

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in December 2014 at 157 000 km, owned for 5 months, driven 20 000 km, selling because leaving the province and the country.
Wheel bearings and wiper assembly were the only critical maintenance done during the last 5 months. Started and drove fine in the cold and the snow in Montreal.
Spent money on it like you would any used car for little things here and there.

Fantastic gas mileage! Nice and light. Reasonably roomy for a small car.

10 yr Review - Fantastic value!
By diydriver

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in 2008 as the third owner (1st yr, rental car company;2nd owner, military who commuted 60 miles each way to base). Bought for $5400 w/55k miles, I drove it for 2yrs locally, going to work, errands on weekend, avg'd 29/city. Took a job 102 miles each way, commuted each day for 18 months, avg'd 35 highway! Mileage at start of job was 70k, 145k when done. Since then, local commute is all-city, avg 28mpg. I now have 170k miles, and the only major expenses I've had are tires, wheel bearings, and FWD axles. Also replaced a few broken door handles, spark plugs, plug wires, & belts, but those are cheap.

Most reliable and cheapest car to operate I've EVER owned in 30 years.

Edmunds wants an UPDATE:

Sold at 175k miles, still going strong. The replacement? A 2013 Hyundai Accent hatchback, of course!
These cars are undervalued compared to the value they offer.

2004 Hyundai Accent GT
By makojakopako

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Our GT (bought new in 2004 and 75k miles now) is no thrill ride, but no shame, either. With better gas we do zero to 60 mph under 10sec (with automatic tranny.) and still averaging 29mpg. I love this GT version. It's much better than the regular Accent. Handling is better and steering is more precise. Acceleration is better too. Changed first set of tires at 55k. No prob with tranny or engine. The stock breaks and rotors are bit on weak side. But for the price nobody can complain. We used warranty only once when muffler got noisy and that was all. This is the BEST VALUE transp you can get. And also, this model has front seat-mounted side airbags which no others cars in the same class offer!

Front seat-mounted side airbags,

Brakes, rotors

My 2004 Accent
By jann6

2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mt Accent in 2005 as a new car. It has never let me down, I now have 126,000 plus kilometres. I have always serviced it at 7500 kilometres or every 6 months and have had no trouble. The only thing that worries me is that the tyres wear out a lot faster than other cars I have had, I am onto my 4th set of new tyres, maybe I should have had more wheel balances done, I think this could be a downer. Still it is a great car and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a used car. ps it is a manual and my 17 yr old daughter has found it really easy to drive!!

Size, handling, easy on petrol and is really comfortable.

More grunt is needed going up hills, eg Cambewarra Mountain. Has no power if air-con is on.

Great little car
By sunnysammy74

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I love this little car I just bought it a few months ago as my first car for $3,700 It's been great to me so far, although it feels like I'm not getting the best gas miles I could be getting. My car has around 99,000 miles on it and it's still drives like a dream, it may not be a Lexus but it's still an awesome car, it would be great as someones first car.

Maybe if the car was a bit bigger it would be better. I feel like if I were to get into a wreck that would be the end of me, and my car LOL! Also, if the inside were more roomy. I'm only 5'2 and I feel a little a giant in the car; it doesn't offer much head room up top.