2003 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Very Reliable

2003 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Very Reliable
By Steve Oros on

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am a sales rep on the road doing 65K a year. I bought this car in the fall of 03, and started this job in the fall of 04. I have 280K on this car of which 260K's are from my when I started my new job. This car has been Amazing! I have not had one breakdown or false start. I do all the factory maintenance at the dealership where I bought it, all great people, great service. I still have the original brake pads on the rear wheels!! I bought the car W/O AC but when I got my job I had it installed, along with deep tint, and cruise control (need for the long drives!) I am going to put 400K on this car and then get another one!!! Well worth the money.

1.Gas Mileage!!! on average 45mpg highway, I have gotten 48mpg, and the lowest around 40mpg. 2.Hard to believe but the drivers seat is very comfortable. When I fly to the US and rent bigger cars, I can never get comfortable, the Grand Prix is Horrible, the seats are a stupid design!!!

1. No right arm rest (needed for long trips) so I had them install one thru parts, not very sturdy or comfortable. 2. I am looking at the 2009 GS model, but it comes with sunroof which has zero headroom, can the sunroof, who needs it, offer it without! For the money, great car, I will buy another.