2003 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Excellent City and Family Car!

2003 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent City and Family Car!
By driver_lori on

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Accent with 4 miles on it for $11,500. Perfect city car - fits into small spots and not very likely to be vandalized. Then I lived in an area with steep hills and never got stuck, even with ice and snow. The car complained about making it up the hills but always did. Definiltey not a lot of power but does the trick. Fast forward 7 years and my husband and I now use the car with our twins rear-facing. We can fit the double stroller in the truck with room to spare and a single stroller in back. There's enough leg room. I have to laugh at people who think they need an SUV....the Accent is perfectly adequate! No major repairs and I'm at almost 140K miles!!

Favorite Features

Compact but can store a surprising amount of cargo, low maintenance (averages $1200 a year), good gas mileage, versatile, reliable, great warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Needs vents in back to keep backseat passengers warm/cool, buttons on radio stick, resale value could be better but I plan to drive the car into the ground so that's a mute point for me.