Used 2003 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Great car for price
By St. Cloud Dave on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used at 18000. I've driven 9000 mi. so far and had to have it serviced twice in the first month but since then has been great. Actually I'm surprised it's as good a vehicle as it is. It may not be as good a vehicle as you would expect for a 20 thousand dollar car but's it costs a heck of a lot less and for it's competition it's one great deal. It's been a pleasan ownership experience so far.

the best economy car
By alexander on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for the price you pay and is alot better then the chevy metro

Really excellent low-end car
By ggurr on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We *were* a 100% Toyota family until we tried the Accent GSi looking for a 2nd Echo. Our criteria was just the best we could get for the least $$. We considered all the low-end cars: Mazda, Mitsubishi, Honda were too expensive; Kia's still a little on the fringe, North American is still a maintenance problem although the Cavelier/Sunfire powertrain was nice (simple/powerful). The Accent has 2 things that are truly excellent: excellent fit&finish (inside & out) and excellent handling (GSi is sport- tuned). Since the engine will be low- powered when you're buying economy; it's those other two features that can make your day-to-day driving a real pleasure.

50/50
By BNom on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Love the ride has good pick up for a 4cyl. Had problems with the CD player.The color on the CD player is starting to rub off, driver side visor broke and cracked. Replaced the alternator(took two tries).Replaced brake pads at 20,000 miles mostly highway.Recurring check engine light.Overall you get what you pay for cheap car not completely reliable but generally runs great good gas mileage.***Read the fine print of the warranty statement on Hyundai's website, the 10 yr 100,000 mile warranty appears to just be on the powertrain and most of the warranty expires on important parts of the car on years 1-3-5.

Great Car, Great Price
By EFlo on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought an Accent GS 2-Door Hatchback over a year go and still no problems. Paid just under $12K including tax, tag, and title, and it's fully loaded. (Auto, CD player, power windows/locks, moonroof, etc.) The seats are comfortable and the arm rest is a great addition. Great everyday car with a smooth ride. Car vibration can get a shaky on the highway after 70+ mph. Engine noise a little loud, but easily drained out by the excellent sound system. Roomy for the driver and front passenger, but a little tight in the back. If you want a new car at an affrodable price, definitely take a look at this car.

Great Car, Great Price, Great Warranty
By adney4x4 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I am 6'5" and demand space. The little car has it. I have no problems getting in or out of the vehicle. I got the GT model at the price I expected for a base model car. I have driven it every- day without any problems. I drive 60+ miles a day with a fuel economy of 29mpg at my last fill-up. However, this has increased with every fillup. I am very pleased with the little car. It has good pick up, tons of features, a low sticker price and an awesome warranty.

unreliable
By jerseywoman on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

At 3000 miles had parts for clutch replaced;again 5000 miles- DiFeo just did a little adjusment to shift -it performed the way it was made to; ignored my complaint about back brake sound. Before 7500 service, shift has been grinding, brake squeeling. They ordered parts;my ONLY means of transportation and needed it to get to 2 jobs(bought new car so I would not be in repair shop!!). I was told they would provide a car. Took car in early Friday morning, was told person who was to give me car was not in: they would look at it(I had just spent 4 hours on a Sat..I would like to enact the lemon law if I can!!

I came for price, I'll stay for quality.
By spitfirexxii on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of the low price. I had just bought a house and traded in my convertible. I was very impressed by the build quality for the low cost. Although obviously there are better built cars, I believe that my $12k car is not one third the quality of a $36k car. Oh, dont forget the best warranty that is available anywhere on planet Earth!!

Accent
By Hyrumjohnson on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, small and fun to drive. Cheap and comes with allot of features, plus great warranty.

Good and Cheap
By clauwolf on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Hyundai Accent because of the Great price and fuel mileage and I have been so happy with it.My only complaint is a little more room.The car comes loaded,I couldn't beleave the extras that came with it for the price.Plus the car not only gets great fuelmileage but my boyfriend says its fun to drive and I agree.