2003 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Well built, dirt cheap, gas sipper.
By NDiamante on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Needed a commmuter car for my wife. This car has almost everything. I don't mind rolling down the window myself but I should have gotten the ABS. I love the powerful air-conditioner. You don't wait for the car to cool down. I never before had a car that got BETTER than the EPA numbers but this one gets 32 on the highway. This car won't make you cool but you will feel smart.

I highly recommend it
By kiitana on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recieved this car as a graduation present from my parents and I will be taking it to college in the fall. I had looked at a lot of options and am so glad my parents picked this one.

So far............so good
By FastJohn on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Only 300 miles on it so far, but for a $12,000 car it seems like you definately get what you pay for. It's no BMW, but for a compact has a decent ride, pretty quiet, excellent CD stereo system, and all the basic power features (windows, door locks, mirrors, AC, etc.)

Black Accent
By tkmagone on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant surprise. Engine is very smooth and car has virtually no rattles. Build quality is much better than expected.

Overly Happy
By sweet16drvr on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The hyundai accent is the best car on the market. I currently was given a new black 2003 accent for my birthday, and i am in love with it. I fully believe it was worth the wait for the car.

The price is right
By tandbwms on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This my second Accent. I've also owned a '96 model which I got rid of in favor of a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The Eclipse was turned back in at lease end and instead of paying high loan payments, I decided to go for price and pick up another Accent. All in all, it's an OK car. It isn't going to WOW you in anything that it does. One day each week and one day each month you'll like the car a little more than others. The day of the week is the gas station stop. I've been getting a steady 34 mpg while kind of beating on the little thing. The day of the month is, of course, loan payment day. The rest of the time, eh, it's OK.

Hyundai Accent
By sjones958 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Sales People are very friendly. Price is excellent. The warranty is best available. I received a full tank of gas. The 1st oil change is free. I've never been happier about a new car.

Hyundai Accent
By Kanevision on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Hyundai car i have ever driven and i love it! It is the best car equal to the Tiburon!

BOUGHT IT TODAY
By ICEBURG on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have just traded in my 2002 Toyota Celica GT for a Hyundai Accent. I basically could not justify paying $500.00 a month for a car (the Celica). I decided to put my money into renovating my home, so I needed to get out of my Celica lease and get into the cheapest car I could find for the value. My wife and I test drove a lot of cars, went to a lot of dealerships, it came down to the echo and the accent. My wife fell in love with the accent so we got it. It was funner to drive and more comfortable than the echo. It is no Celica (I loved that car) but it will be an ok substitute for the next 5 years.

2 Time Accent Owner
By kjp022503 on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2001 Accent 2dr prior to this purchase. The 2dr ran well for the 2 yrs, never a problem other than a fuse and a minor recall. I needed a 4dr so I researched all the 4 door sedans under 15K and the Accent was once again the way to go. GREAT WITH GAS, the pickup is average(if I wanted a powerful engine I would have gone with another car), you are not going to corner well with the 13 inch tires. If possible I may move up to 14 inch tires for better handling. So far so good on the 2003, Excellent Value if you are looking for a car to get you from Point A to Point B