Used 2003 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Good Car
By wenixonii

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For anyone who maybe skeptical about buying a Hyundai Accent, don't be. I have had this car a year now, very good car, excelent gas mileage and I absolutely love it. Plus to top it all off, I didn't spend 25,000 for a brand new car.

GREAT VALUE
By RTJ

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great option for someone looking to get from point A to B with good reliability and mileage! Let's be honest, I have to rank this car average or below in interior/exterior design, fun to drive, performance. BUT, that is not why I bought it! Reliable, good mileage, not stunning features/performance/design, but it gets job done and very well for the price paid.

I get consistent 28-32 mpg. Bought new, only has 6k miles on now, but warranty is a great one. Interior while average, surprised me. No problems with car so far.

I think the front driver seat doesn't adjust enough and would be possibly uncomfortable for someone over 6 ft tall. Nothing else really, I bought and have received so far what I expected to get.

Best economy car.......hands down!!
By JoelP

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the BEST economy car on the market....hands down! I replaced my automatic 1998 Accent hatchback with a new, 2003 same model and the improvements made by Hyundai are numerous and welcomed. No more turning off the air-conditioner to pull out on the highway...this Accent has spunky pick-up! The automatic transmission has been improved with the car now shifting/staying in the correct gear. The ride is quiet (okay, the engine could be quieter but hey, it is an economy car remember), smooth and sturdy. Hyundai did a great job on redesigning this Accent from the exterior classy look to its comforable interior. Guess you can tell, I love my Accent!

The best thing about this car is that it is really fun to drive, believe it or not. I also own a BMW (just as a point of comparison) and I still love driving this sharp, little car!

The engine could be a bit quieter, especially for highway driving (this is not the best car for lots of highway driving). Larger standard tires would improve the ride. I went out and bought 4 brand new Michelin tires which improved the ride quite a bit.

Great car
By Humbuzz

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Las Vegas is full of these things. You'd never guess the price by driving it. Interior is comfy, very nice. Ride is good, handling is safe and predictable. Acceleration is peppy, but weak low end with AC on. Styling takes some getting used to, but I like it. Motor noise is always present but very pleasant; throaty like a sports car. Totally reliable. It was a great decision!

Hatchback is handy. Seats are firm but comfortable. Standard radio is decent. Side airbages on the GL.

More overdrive in fifth (3500 rpm@75mph); auto transmission gets better hiway mileage. Adjustable steering column Interior hatch release Harder interior plastics More powerful AC Trunk is floor is weak; formed pressboard

Good Car For your money
By Darkslydi596

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems what so ever with this car...I purchased it brand new and it been great...alittle slow but it good for now.

The clutch is like butter its so easy...the radio is loud enough...peppy

a little slow they need to put a bigger engine or a least turbo option.