2003 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Great small car
By Danielle on 06/04/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little car! It's great on gas, and very peppy in traffic. It is also easy to park and very manuverable. Smooth ride, but a little loud interior, particularly on the highway.

nice car
By myCar on 02/04/06 19:51 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Never had a car so easy. Only had to wash and change oil.

great little fellow
By mary on 12/02/05 20:50 PM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I may not be able to do 0 to 60 in 10 seconds but car holds its own on highways and feels safe to drive at highway speeds. great on gas especially at $3.33 a gallon it hit last fall.

Great Commuter Car
By skierx420 on 09/26/05 18:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased a 2003 Hyundai Accent base 2 dr. This car is a stripper. It was exactly what we wanted. 2 dr 5 speed. It has a radio and AC. Thats it. This car gets excellent fuel economy. We drive in rual Iowa. This car does well in the snow. We average over 20k miles a year because of our 50+ mile commute. The thing that this car lacks is power at low rpms. Rev it up and it has lots of pep. Hyundai makes use of all the available space and can seat 4 adults in reasonable comfort. The 5 speed makes this car a fun drive. This is my first foreign car and I am impressed with the build quality and the ease of maintaining it. My other car is a full size 89 Dodge RamCharger 4x4.

Excellent car for the money!
By Rami on 07/25/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for the price!! Been driving it for 2 years now, and it drives like a champ. I love the stereo system! But i wish it had cruise control. It also looks pretty good. My personal preference is White color with cream interior! Awesome!

Surprised
By Mickey J on 07/18/05 02:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ex wife took my cadillac so I bought this small car. I did not think I would be happy but to my surprise I really like it. It has been trouble free unlike my cadillac, It has enough power and the comfort is surprising for a small car. Gas milage has been 36.5 overall which is better than the sticker. It has been a great value for the money.

Great Car
By Roxanne on 06/29/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's dependable, it gets great gas mileage. For a little car it has some pick up and go, more so than I thought it would. My only complaint is the small tires. My next car will be a Hyundai

The Little Car that pleases
By Hyundai Accent on 03/29/05 09:52 AM (PST)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Hyundai in 03. It was nice looking, and I loved that it had great fuel economy. I shopped for price, value and a car to take me into retirement without the headaches of expensive repairs. It has been almost 2 years now and I finally acknowledged to myself that I had a great deal. I wish I could have waited for 04 but time doesn't wait. My best friend bought the Sonata and we are both pleased. So much so that we are driving almost 7000 miles this Spring.

not great
By jsand on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

this is definetly a you get what you pay for kind of car. I have found poor craftsmanship, and it costs more than its major competitors. i would recommend a toyota echo or suzuki forenza anyday to someone in the market for a cheap economy car that isnt that economical.

Nice Automobile
By steveg46 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in September of 2003, got a really great deal. Had one minor problem with the car, the right rear brake had a click in it, and it was fixed right the first time. If you really want more power out of the engine put in a K & N air filter, it makes a big difference in the performance.