Used 2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Fun small car, but loud!
By reddotblackdot

2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used in 2005, and therefore all the 'warranties' on it were void. it had 30,000 miles. It now has 92,000 and the transmission blew out. It is a $2,000 repair as the whole transmission needs to be replaced. That is almost the worth of the whole car so I am just going to buy another car. It is not a bad car, it is small and that is what i like. It is also quite zippy, i think, however it costs me $22 to fill up and i have to fill it up about every week and a half. I have a 20 min. ride to work from where i live. So you do the math. It is a good used car but i wouldn't pay too much for it.

Zippy, roomy, big trunk, small car fits anywhere

TRANSMISSION there is no reason it should go bad after only 92,000 when i got regular maintenance on it and refilled the fluids etc.!

Proud Hyundai owner
By erikgonzalez90

2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a few older Hyundai's and they were crap before 99' I got my 01 accent and I love it, I get my usual oil change I had bought it from the original owner at 96,000 I have put 10,000 miles since aug of 09 it has good power with the a/c off, fuel up with less than 25, it takes the abuse I throw at it, recommend Hyundai for life, at 107,000 the serpentine belt squeaks

the power,fuel economy,body style,handling

stock radio and speakers

Great Car till 84,000 Mile Mark!!!!
By xphyscokittenx

2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car gave me little problems at first bought it at 30,000 miles then at 80,000 the speed sensor went and then at 84,000 the whole transmission went could not reverse only go forward cost me 23000 to fix !! Cars should not die this early and in addition the body of the car is so weak that the littlest bump will destroy the body of your car, not safe in more serious accidents im sure.. things begin to fall apart quickly on this little car .. great new .. not great used. Plus Hyundai service department was rude and offered no sympathy that my car died so early even though they promise it will last till 140,000

it can fit into any space

better transmission, ABS (came out a couple years later), better build quality

Energizer Bunny
By parmelade

2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

...keeps going and going.... I love my little Hyundai, bought it new in 2001. It has saved me tons in gas over the years and has never once broken down. At 135,000 miles and 8 years old, I am now reluctantly selling it to my son. I will miss its peppy style and easy parking. The fold-down hatchback trunk holds so much, I will have to borrow it from my son the next time I rent 2 banquet tables and 12 chairs, which fit in it just fine. I am glad my Hyundai is staying in the family.

Fun to drive, roomy hatchback, great mileage

More leg room in back seat

It's a great little car. :)
By Halle

2001 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only been driving the car myself for two years, but it's been our daily driver [and through hell and back it's been] for 8 years as of this september. The only major thing we've ever had to replace is the transmission which went one day in the winter a couple years back. Other than that, the car has had such minimal maintenance done to it since we're unable to afford to pay a mechanic when we should be buying food. Times are tough but we're still only paying about 11-13$ to fill it up from being 3/4ths empty. I have a lot of dream-cars, but I wouldn't trade this one for any of them. Not only do I really like it enough not to give it up easily, I always beat my friend's V6 up big hills.

The exterior is a big plus for me. It's a cute little car, and it fits EVERYWHERE. It's the car I learned to drive with and I now park better than everyone in the apartment building that I live in. :) And the Sapphire Blue color is great~. It's not too obnoxiously bright, but it's not too dark eithe

Nothing that I can think of other than the front license plate screws. This problem was solved in later models of the car-- I was told I probably won't be getting that license plate off unless I want to ruin my bumper. :( which I definitely don't~. Once they rust, they will not come off...