Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Good Overall Grocery Getter
By Mike

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new after a recommendation from a friend. Overall good quality. It was in the shop once for a mass air flow sensor. Very good gas mileage, and not too uncomfortable. I'm 6'2 and can ride comfortably. Brakes are fantastic, 38,000 on the first front pads, and 53,000 and going on the rear shoes.

Gas mileage, price, and warranty, low cost of ownership.

More power, extremely sluggish, especially with the A/T and in the 4 door model.

You get what you pay for
By Spend More

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 3 years and had to replace the brakes and roters twice already. I've never had a car go through brakes this fast. I just found out that have have to replace the harmonic balancer.(not cheap and no longer under warrenty). I have had other work done on it while it was under warrenty. It seems like an awful lot is going wrong with this car for it's age. I have to replace the flex pipe as well. I guess you get what you pay for. In the future I will spend more initially to have a fewer problems and hassles later.

Excellent gas economy.

More hp and work on controlling road noise. Overall quality could use improvemnts. Although, you really do get what you pay for....

It is what it is
By Harvey

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

This is a quality commuter car. Despite its slight appearance, it will take a beating and keep delivering. Mileage is great and the annual maintenance cost is minimal. An ideal car for those with a long commute, or a good first car for a teenager.

Great gas mileage!

It's as perfect as it can be

Warranty is Worthless
By HaveToyotaNow

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

The car was ok at first. When, I moved north and commuting 80 miles a day(highway)trouble started. The car lost control allot even going slow. Parts cost allot and are only avail through Hyundai. The car started running poorly once the miles started going up. Final straw was a minor repair that cost 200. Only a dealership 1 hour away would look at my car & I was w/o it for 3 days because the closer ones couldnt be bothered and normal repair shops wouldnt do the work. BTW it wasnt covered under warranty and they blamed the place I had my oil changes done till someone from there called them. You get what you pay for!

It was cheap.

Make it safer & a bigger gas tank!

frijss
By frijss

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my hyundia in 2000. The reason i bought it was for the warranty it turns out you really need it. I had no problems the first year of ownership. Just after a year it seems like i was at the dealership every couple of months. Some work was under warranty. Some wasn't . I wouldn't consider buying another one in the future.