Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2000 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

This car is awesome
By Mike B

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Accent has 176,000 miles on it and has no problems. Runs excellent to this day. Great gas mileage, fun to drive, roomy for a sub-compact car. I can't complain. I love it.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is incredible, and it's pretty zippy as well

Suggested Improvements

Needs a tachometer, more power. But you can get more power (40 more horsepower) by throwing an Elantra motor in if you'd like.

Not a pocket rocket, Not a fuel hog.
By Chris

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

With today's struggle over fuel costs, consumption, and supplies. It is a great value to have ownership of one of these little cars. The Accent has good lines and really good airflow which allow it to move down the road with very little wind resistance, making it feel as though you're barely moving while you fly down the road. It has the capability to corner on a dime, although it would not be recommended that you do so at speeds higher than 25mph as the narrow wheel base makes the experience feel a bit unstable. The fuel economy of this vehicle makes a drive from Illinois to Virginia still seems reasonable even with our current fuel crisis. The ride is a smooth one. I would recommend this car.

Favorite Features

I like that the trunk cover behind the rear seat is removable, as mine is faded and turned a sort of smurf blue. it looks better without it anyhow. has good take off and picks up speed nicely.

Suggested Improvements

They could do with air conditioning as a standard feature, this is the 21st century, they seem to be one of the last remaining models other than the kia rio to have it as an option, they could put wider tires and a wider wheel base to stabilize the vehicle during tight turns.

Sudden DEATH AT 80,000 miles
By Little Mamma

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Hyundai used in January 2005. It had 74,000 miles. I couldn't have been happier with it until one day the timing belt broke, which broke our engine. $2,000 to repair it and it only had 80,000. I've only had it for 7 months and I'm questioning if it is worth fixing!

Favorite Features

Comfort, looks, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Regularly check the timing belt.

safety in an accident
By sincity

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

We were in a car crash that involved a wall with three kids in the back seat, NOT A SINGLE PERSON WAS INJURED. . . they car took all the force of the collision so that we were uninjured. . . That one accident sold me on that. . . sure it could have more guts and other stuff, but you can't buy a cheap car and think how safe it truly is. . .

Economical
By I bought it used

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I needed a cheap, reliable, high fuel economy car. In the 21 months I had this car, I took it to the dealership two times for check engine light, once for flex hose on exhaust, strut leak and brake line leak and replaced the front brake pads twice. Needless to say, it fails in the reliability catagory. Considering the price, I should have suspected as much.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage. Good city car. It's cute. Easy oil change.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better horse power, reduce road noise and idling vibration. Needs to be a sturdier vehicle.