2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Never again...!!
By EMurray on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought the Accent GL as my first 'brand new' car. From January 31 to April 20,2000 it was in the shop 4 times for the transmission, it was slipping as it shifted. Every time they told me that they found the problem and it was done but after having the car home for less than a day the same thing was happening so I had to bring it back again with the same result every time. Also, I took the car from RI to MD (350miles)and back one weekend and when I went out to start it for work Monday morning, it wouldn't start so yet again, I had to have them put it in the shop. I wouldn't ever buy this car again!!

Do not buy Hyunday Accent
By Cleve on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Five times in repair shop for different reasons. After 75000 miles burns oil.

the worst car i ever had-don't buy one!
By mrchip on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

1. i been to the dealership about 12 times so far for all kinds of problems. 2. the warranty is great if you want to live in the dealership for all kinds of problems. 3. hyundai usa would not include me in the warranty extension program that they came out with because of the mistake they made with the horsepower rating of their cars. 4. the dealership service is terrible. the mechanics brake more things than they fix. 5. do yourself a favor an "do not buy this car" even if it seems cheap. the reason why the car is terrible is because is cheaply made. In the end you get what you paid for, nothing more nothing less. i learned my lesson.

Accent
By hwdan1 on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Good car for the money

buyer beware!
By nomorehyundai on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

the car is almost 3 years old... it has been in the shop atleast 5 times in the last year..the dash lights go off and on... the dealer can not find the problem. the alternator has been replaced once and currently being replaced again. you have to go to the dealer for parts , airfilter, timing belt, transmission fluid. it is sad that you can not go to a local parts store to get simple items as i just listed. the clearcoat is coming off of the front bumper. i have checked into lemon law and unable to pursue due to age and mileage...currently 60,000.

would never buy a hyundai again
By candyb on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

This car has been in the shop 3 times for various things that were covered under warranty, along with another hyundai we have that has been in the shop twice.

ECONOMICAL AND RELIABLE
By owner of an accent on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought it for the 5 years warranty and never regret it. It runs very well, I did not have any problem at all in 3 years. It is not very powerful, but it is a good choice for somebody looking for a reliable and economical transportation. I went all around California, Nevada, Arizona and Mexico with my car!

Great car for the price
By FirstCar on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

This is the best new car you can buy. I got this as my first car and I dont regret it. Great fuel economy. If you're tall like I am.. make sure the person sitting behind you is small :- ). I've had mine for over 2 years.. and I've had no major problem.. I drive it a bit rough.. so had to get brakes changed.. other than that, I've had no problem. Even had an accident and I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the safety. Bottom line.. GREAT new car on a limited budget.

Be Prepared for Panic
By B Hines on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

Our unfortunate and frightening experience of owning this car. We feel as though it is unsafe. On three different occasions, after about an hours driving on highways, All in a sudden "BAMM" Scared,thinking we hit something, after the car suddenly jerks, as in "the whole car locked up instantly. What would have happened if we were on ice or a curve? The third time in the shop the computer, relay and a connector was found to be the problem. Make sure you keep good maint. records. Now we are left with a car driven 15,738 miles on their assumtion it was OK. Will this car last? I found large metal shavings and a thick grit in the trans. pan. More important. IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE?

Fantastic Car Warranty and Price
By drdud on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

after driving and breaking in my Hyundai ,I find it to be a great little car fro the mrs or car pool . For average size people 6 ft or so there is plenty of room front and rear ,I drive 65 plus to work with 3 or 4 people in the car with out problems , I do recommend after a 3,000 mile break in use CD-2 Engine treatment seems to add 20 HP. I also installed a K&N air cleaner ,now the 75 MPH and above are Yours. Am-Fm cassette is Good ,fold down back seat is nice ~Car rides good. I'm a very Happy Camper with my Hyundai so Far .