Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Should be Called Accident
By ACCENTSUCKS

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Oooh the pain of owning an accent. Oil seems to magically disappear in this car. Standard transmission pops out of gear all the time. Master cylander replaced twice, brakes twice, oil constantly, rusting already can't wait to get rid of it. Warranty useless, product useless avoid this car like the plague that it is!

The fact that I can give it back to the dealer in 6 months from now!

everything!

Hyundai Lies About Its Warranties
By HyundaiLies

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

I faithfully serviced my car at the dealer but immediately after servicing it for a problem, they left me stranded in the desert w/the same problem just after the first warranty ran out. Before the 2nd warranty expired, it burned and leaked oil like crazy. I had to fight Hyundai tooth and nail for everything. If anyone buys a Hyundai & believes their ads, they're missing a chromosome. Spend the extra money & buy a HONDA or anything else.

Cost and gas mileage. Period. Nada mas.

Treat customers respectfully. The car barely made it up small hills with its pathetic excuse of an engine.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO GET ONE!
By Erika

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Accent GL 4 door/automatic was the first used car I've bought, but it's been the most RELIABLE! Bought it with 45K, now it has 70K on it. I love it so much! It's fun to drive, and more reliable than any of the new vehicles we've ever bought... maybe that's because it's a foreign- made car. Those Koreans really know how to make cars! Hyundai (along with Toyota, Honda, and Mitsubishi) knows how to make American automakers look like garbage! I think I'll do all of my car-buying with Hyundai now. I've been so pleased with their customer service when the seat belt locked up. It wasn't under factory warranty at that point, but they fixed it under the warranty anyway.

GAS MILEAGE, CD PLAYER (although I put that in myself), how QUIET the engine/motor is (especially for a small car), FRONT FOOT ROOM, TURNING RADIUS, LARGE FACTORY WARRANTY, INTERIOR/EXTERIOR DESIGN, ALLOY WHEELS, the QUALITY YOU GET FOR THE PRICE, RELIABILITY! NICE CAR! BEST VALUE AROUND!

The back seatbelt locked up, but we caused that ourselves. It wasn't under the warranty anymore, buy the Hyundai dealership was so awesome and let it be covered under warranty anyway! I would buy one with power windows/locks and ABS next time.

I have one!
By melody

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I own one of these cars. although i tinted the windows and put a few small in-expensive little gagets, like seat covers, window stickers, and just kinda tricked it out a little bite, i love driving my car, its great on gas, so i dont have to stop at every station i see. YOOHOO!handles great on wet and snowy roads, thats the front wheel drive doing its thing! although, it gets great gas mileage on the HWY 400+ miles,to A TANK, i can handle the 250-270 miles A TANK In town driving. i love this car. its agreat car for a single person,, or if you dont want to haul all your friends around for free. three friends and yourself, thats plenty in one car, great car overall. I love my car

roomey enough,great gas mileage, fun to drive

small car like this, no other inprovements needed.

right
By g

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

bought w/32k in dec 04, its noisy (weather stripping stinks) the dash sounds like a kitten, rear struts squeak (probably leak), replaced oil dipstick at 37k(rust...hmm?) mass air flow sensor at 43k, remapped the computer (whatever that means) 2nd & 3rd gear grind,driver and passenger side window rattle when down, speedometer or tach make noise, cup holders in a odd place.new front brakes at 48k.warranty is up in jan 06 eek!...so whats next to fix!

37mpg on average and looks nice...kinda

better resale value or just make a better car!