2000 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
By BbyGbc on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I was in and out of the dealers for lots of problems you can say about 10 times a year. Well I have the car no more, someone was not paying attention to the road and rear ended going about 40 mph I was at a complete stop well my car was totaled, the trunk was smashed and both drivers and passenger side were buckled all the way to the front bumper.Not repairable at all, the in surance co only wants to pay 4500 and I owe 6500 they are cheap but dont stand up in a crash and what its worth after you drive off the lot, ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT buy the right car

80,000 miles and not one problem
By Jefo on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Accent new and it has been used as a commute to work car ever since. The only extras are the AC and the rear spoiler. My vechile is about to reach the 80,000 mile mark in just 3 1/2 years with not a single breakdown or problem. I enjoy driving and maintaining so the manual tranny and easy engine layout fit me fine.

Great car for the money!
By The reseller on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

This car is excellent in just about every way. I have to try the new tires some of you suggested. It helps to be going downhill but the car moves right along. I have no complaints. I bought it for the gas milage, not the horsepower. (obviously) Car looks much better than the older ones. Great inside and out.

Not bad for the price
By ImpalaJeff on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car to go to and from work, thats it...With auto and air and the warranty you cant beat the price..

High depreciation means used car bargain
By Albany New York on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 16K on it although it had been in service for three years. I purchased for $4,900 from a Nissan dealer who took in on trade. It looks and drives like new and is bumper to bumper warrantied until 60K or five years. I have found it to be very pleasant, much quieter than other similar basic transportation. While it does not accelerate very quickly, it cruises on the highway very solidly and comfortably at 70 mph. Seats are very comfortable. Radio sounds great. Feels zippy around town. Perfect for a basic, no frills commuter car--and risk free if you buy a low mileage used one.

First Hyundai
By gojo on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Three years and 38000 miles with no problems.Consistantly hit 40 mpg on highway & average 35 around town. This car is no sports car, but for the money I couldn't be happier. Just changed original tires with Coopers & what a difference in ride, noise and handling. Hyundai I am impressed so far with your entry level car.

My Red Rocket
By sdholly5 on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Just surprised at the avg. rating of 5.8. I inherited this from my daughter (had to have a firebird). No major problems so far (first 45,000 miles). Any other issues have been taken care of by the dealership and they have been great. I wish a little more power, but I sacrifice that for great mpg. I wish cruise was an option but not for mine. No knocks, little more road noise then higher priced cars but the warranty is so super. I have thought about other cars but cannot convince myself to get rid of this gem. I highly recommend this car

I WOULD BUY ANOTHER HYUNDAI!
By DAVID HUARACHAS on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I AM VERY PLEASED WITH MY CAR. IT WAS DIRT CHEAP AND ALMOST NEW. THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE IS THE SMALL TIRES BUT A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS FOR BIGGER RIMS AND TIRES AND SHE'S PERFECT. I AM A BMW OWNER AND I KNOW ABOUT SHIFTING, HANDLING, PERFORMANCE WHEN I DRIVE A CAR. IT DOES ALL VERY VERY WELL. IT'S BEEN 4-5 MONTHS IT RUNS PERFECT, NO PROBS WITH ANYTHING. I WAS GOING FOR VARIOUS YR 2K ENTRY CARS LIKE THE FORD FOCUS, PROTEGE,COROLA, ETC.. I TEST DROVE THEM ALL AND THE ACCENT WAS SUPRISINGLY BETTER IN ALL ASPECTS! REAT DEAL. I WAS SICK OF MY BMW'S SUCKING ALL MY HARD EARNED SAVINGS MONTHLY IN MAINTENANCE & REPAIR! HYUNDAI PARTS ARE A WELCOME CHANGE!

don't be fooled; this car is not safe
By volvo.driver on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Do not buy this car for your teenage driver. The handling is poor - coupled with the small, narrow tires, this makes the car unsafe. I had the exact same accident two years in a row - lost control on a slick patch on the freeway and banged up the bottom of the car but good. Each time, I know I would not have skidded in practically any another car. The second accident totalled the car - I'm fine, but it could have been really bad. This car is cute and fun, I'll give it that, but should you get this car, it's probably a really good idea to get bigger, better tires and not drive too fast (i.e., not faster than 55 mph) or be fooled by the "zippy" feel.

you get what you pay for
By josevilla on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

By far the worst car I have ever owned. If it was'nt for the hatchback feature the car would be useless. Its so bad that the people at the service center not only know me on a first name basis they recognize my voice when I call to make appointments. This car is mechanically inferior and what is the point of 32 miles per gallon if you have to fill up 3 or 4 times a week because the tank is so damn small.