Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

below average car
By block1974

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

bought the car brand new, and not worth the money. Once you go over 100 k or so, expect a lot of problems. Baseline model, do not expect much from the car. Just a box on wheels.

none

My Best Car Ever
By Miss Dee

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car brand new, it now has 147,000 miles and still running. With gas prices nowadays I can not complain at 33 mpg. I am currently looking for a 2008 but .. Hmm I love my car and don't want to sell or trade in. I guess I'll keep it for one more year.

My car is awesome, very reliable I've never had to call anyone to come pick me up or anything like that. It is a little roundish egg like shape but who cares. Perfect for a single person living on one income.

None, my car is perfect!!!

Owned one for 5 years-Good car
By Stormy21856

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 18,000 miles in Jan 2002. Car now has 67,325 mi. Very reliable after the first couple times in the shop the first year I owned it. Needed Mass air flow sensor to stop pinging & some automatic transmision shifter sensor found in TSB to smooth out shifting. Great city car, great gas milage. Car has functioned extremly well no problems. Brakes and tires around 42,000 mi. Very basic low cost transportation. I have been very pleased.

Gas milage and low cost for maintenance.

This car is noisy at highway speeds. Need more insulation and/or weatherproofing.

horrible engine
By Judie

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

At about 57,000 miles the car stopped on me and a " new" engine was replaced a t Diamond Hyundai. They had it 5 weeks as they had to get the engine from Korea. Today at 138,000 which is almost 80,000 miles on the "new" engine I find that my car has done the same thing... just stopped. Both times ,the mechanic has said that the timing belt broke and that the pistons and values were bad. What is wrong with this fraudulent engine ??? oh and the last mechanic has told me that the engine put in last time at Diamond Hyundai is not a new nor manufactured engine. They lied and did not need to ahve my car for 5 weeks as it did not obviously come from Korea. Maybe the local junk yard.

low mileage

Buy American

Fantastic Little Car
By Marshall

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

reliable, wonderful mileage (37 HWY, 30 CTY). puchase w/out CD, PWR windows, locks, mirrors, cruise control-minor factors. overall, great buy. good design. spacious trunk. MOON ROOF. decent acceleration. 62,000 miles, $4,200. great car for the money. i don't like the steering wheel (personal preference: i like to steer from the bottom). minimal body damage, easy oil change, good tires. bad sound system, but i bought a new one to put in. good design. i'll never buy another american car. i absolutely love it. interior is a little ugly, but i can deal. i suggest you buy this car, it's cheap, reliable, pretty, fuel efficient (i fill up every 10 days, and i commute 30 miles to work every day).

fuel efficiency. design. moon roof. trunk space. leg room (up front). rear seats fold down. color.

no power windows, locks, or mirrors. no CD player. no cruise control. rear seat leg room.