2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
This car is awesome
By Mike B on 09/10/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Accent has 176,000 miles on it and has no problems. Runs excellent to this day. Great gas mileage, fun to drive, roomy for a sub-compact car. I can't complain. I love it.

Not a pocket rocket, Not a fuel hog.
By Chris on 09/07/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

With today's struggle over fuel costs, consumption, and supplies. It is a great value to have ownership of one of these little cars. The Accent has good lines and really good airflow which allow it to move down the road with very little wind resistance, making it feel as though you're barely moving while you fly down the road. It has the capability to corner on a dime, although it would not be recommended that you do so at speeds higher than 25mph as the narrow wheel base makes the experience feel a bit unstable. The fuel economy of this vehicle makes a drive from Illinois to Virginia still seems reasonable even with our current fuel crisis. The ride is a smooth one. I would recommend this car.

Sudden DEATH AT 80,000 miles
By Little Mamma on 08/15/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Hyundai used in January 2005. It had 74,000 miles. I couldn't have been happier with it until one day the timing belt broke, which broke our engine. $2,000 to repair it and it only had 80,000. I've only had it for 7 months and I'm questioning if it is worth fixing!

safety in an accident
By sincity on 07/24/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

We were in a car crash that involved a wall with three kids in the back seat, NOT A SINGLE PERSON WAS INJURED. . . they car took all the force of the collision so that we were uninjured. . . That one accident sold me on that. . . sure it could have more guts and other stuff, but you can't buy a cheap car and think how safe it truly is. . .

Economical
By I bought it used on 01/01/05 10:56 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because I needed a cheap, reliable, high fuel economy car. In the 21 months I had this car, I took it to the dealership two times for check engine light, once for flex hose on exhaust, strut leak and brake line leak and replaced the front brake pads twice. Needless to say, it fails in the reliability catagory. Considering the price, I should have suspected as much.

Good Overall Grocery Getter
By Mike on 12/22/04 23:25 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new after a recommendation from a friend. Overall good quality. It was in the shop once for a mass air flow sensor. Very good gas mileage, and not too uncomfortable. I'm 6'2 and can ride comfortably. Brakes are fantastic, 38,000 on the first front pads, and 53,000 and going on the rear shoes.

You get what you pay for
By Spend More on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 3 years and had to replace the brakes and roters twice already. I've never had a car go through brakes this fast. I just found out that have have to replace the harmonic balancer.(not cheap and no longer under warrenty). I have had other work done on it while it was under warrenty. It seems like an awful lot is going wrong with this car for it's age. I have to replace the flex pipe as well. I guess you get what you pay for. In the future I will spend more initially to have a fewer problems and hassles later.

It is what it is
By Harvey on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

This is a quality commuter car. Despite its slight appearance, it will take a beating and keep delivering. Mileage is great and the annual maintenance cost is minimal. An ideal car for those with a long commute, or a good first car for a teenager.

Warranty is Worthless
By HaveToyotaNow on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

The car was ok at first. When, I moved north and commuting 80 miles a day(highway)trouble started. The car lost control allot even going slow. Parts cost allot and are only avail through Hyundai. The car started running poorly once the miles started going up. Final straw was a minor repair that cost 200. Only a dealership 1 hour away would look at my car & I was w/o it for 3 days because the closer ones couldnt be bothered and normal repair shops wouldnt do the work. BTW it wasnt covered under warranty and they blamed the place I had my oil changes done till someone from there called them. You get what you pay for!

frijss
By frijss on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my hyundia in 2000. The reason i bought it was for the warranty it turns out you really need it. I had no problems the first year of ownership. Just after a year it seems like i was at the dealership every couple of months. Some work was under warranty. Some wasn't . I wouldn't consider buying another one in the future.