Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

VERY GOOD CAR!
By reyesvazquez

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I got this car brand new and after 6 years the only thing that went bad was the MAF. can't complain its a good car. I do recommend follow the maintenance so you don't had to deal with mayor repairs in a future, for me is working like a charm!

gas mileage, cheap maintenance, very reliable transportation

sound system, cruise control, disk brakes all around,

My Best Car Ever
By Miss Dee

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car brand new, it now has 147,000 miles and still running. With gas prices nowadays I can not complain at 33 mpg. I am currently looking for a 2008 but .. Hmm I love my car and don't want to sell or trade in. I guess I'll keep it for one more year.

My car is awesome, very reliable I've never had to call anyone to come pick me up or anything like that. It is a little roundish egg like shape but who cares. Perfect for a single person living on one income.

None, my car is perfect!!!

horrible engine
By Judie

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

At about 57,000 miles the car stopped on me and a " new" engine was replaced a t Diamond Hyundai. They had it 5 weeks as they had to get the engine from Korea. Today at 138,000 which is almost 80,000 miles on the "new" engine I find that my car has done the same thing... just stopped. Both times ,the mechanic has said that the timing belt broke and that the pistons and values were bad. What is wrong with this fraudulent engine ??? oh and the last mechanic has told me that the engine put in last time at Diamond Hyundai is not a new nor manufactured engine. They lied and did not need to ahve my car for 5 weeks as it did not obviously come from Korea. Maybe the local junk yard.

low mileage

Buy American

Should be Called Accident
By ACCENTSUCKS

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Oooh the pain of owning an accent. Oil seems to magically disappear in this car. Standard transmission pops out of gear all the time. Master cylander replaced twice, brakes twice, oil constantly, rusting already can't wait to get rid of it. Warranty useless, product useless avoid this car like the plague that it is!

The fact that I can give it back to the dealer in 6 months from now!

everything!

Hyundai Lies About Its Warranties
By HyundaiLies

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I faithfully serviced my car at the dealer but immediately after servicing it for a problem, they left me stranded in the desert w/the same problem just after the first warranty ran out. Before the 2nd warranty expired, it burned and leaked oil like crazy. I had to fight Hyundai tooth and nail for everything. If anyone buys a Hyundai & believes their ads, they're missing a chromosome. Spend the extra money & buy a HONDA or anything else.

Cost and gas mileage. Period. Nada mas.

Treat customers respectfully. The car barely made it up small hills with its pathetic excuse of an engine.