Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Worst car I ever purchased!!!!
By pamr

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought it new, and always had problems, it burns oil (not a leak) i have to check it every week. The hood hinge broke, it doesn't shift right, even the clock and radio are broken. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. And the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty is crap! Anything that goes wrong, they say "that's not covered". The parts are expensive and for most of them you have to purchase from the dealer.

none

Owned one for 9 years without problems
By vaskar

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought new.This is my third car.I am inlove with it till now. If you make the services on the time,it will never leave you on the road. Until now,the counter says: 172000 klm and it goes on. I haven't until now any serious problems. I have change a set of clutch disc at 110000 klm and four shock absorbers at 100000 klm. But in my opinion, this is normal for a car that keep mooving. I take care my car, so it takes care of me. I know that I have an ordinary car but now I'm sure that this is a really good car. It's a great value for money.

The electic mirrors and the big cargo especially when you fold the backsits.

One set of sock absorbers with 4 new, more hard

Worst car ever!
By KMdriver

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but trouble since day one. My mother bought me the car when i was in highschool and the oil was burning, so the valve cover gasket was replaced. oil continued to burn so we replaced all gaskets... oil then magically disappeared. no spots on the ground and no residue on the engine, and is still doing this 3 years later. at about 100000 both CV axles busted, gas mileage went downhill, the AC fan in the cab broke, the engine now makes an odd whining noise and i can't seem to figure out why. car smells like mildew every time it rains, but i can't find any wetspots. breaks squeak nonstop even if new. I will never ever buy a Hyundai again this car is a living nightmare.

before the gas mileage went shoddy, most likely due to CV axles it was around 35 which i loved.

EVERYTHING! i'm trading it in this weekend for an infiniti or Honda. but i will never again purchase a Hyundai. i will be so glad to dispose of this piece of trash!

Why I hate my Hyundai
By Jacqui

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Sunroof leaks, heater broke,replaced rear wiper motor twice in 1 year ($400each), the brakes completely and calipers? twice in 2 years. I have also replaced the exhaust, the clutch which when it broke damaged the transmission so badly i had to replace both. Also goes through oil like crazy. Spend about $3500 per year on repairs. Doors swing back and slam on your legs as well. Oh loses power trying to go up even small hills. Also bought for $10000 was worth $2500 within 2 years. I hate this car. it is currently in for repairs again. Horrible car. would be great if it ran. Ever. Not worth it even for free, use the money you save on repairs to go on a vacation

Sporty,easy to drive and park. Cheap on gas, great storage for a tiny car. Comfy nice looking.

Everything. Crappy tires,motor, transmission, clutch, window wiper motors, UNRELIABLE. Constantly needs repairs.

VERY GOOD CAR!
By reyesvazquez

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I got this car brand new and after 6 years the only thing that went bad was the MAF. can't complain its a good car. I do recommend follow the maintenance so you don't had to deal with mayor repairs in a future, for me is working like a charm!

gas mileage, cheap maintenance, very reliable transportation

sound system, cruise control, disk brakes all around,