2000 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
below average car
By block1974 on 05/09/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

bought the car brand new, and not worth the money. Once you go over 100 k or so, expect a lot of problems. Baseline model, do not expect much from the car. Just a box on wheels.

My Best Car Ever
By Miss Dee on 04/23/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car brand new, it now has 147,000 miles and still running. With gas prices nowadays I can not complain at 33 mpg. I am currently looking for a 2008 but .. Hmm I love my car and don't want to sell or trade in. I guess I'll keep it for one more year.

Owned one for 5 years-Good car
By Stormy21856 on 12/30/06 09:19 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 18,000 miles in Jan 2002. Car now has 67,325 mi. Very reliable after the first couple times in the shop the first year I owned it. Needed Mass air flow sensor to stop pinging & some automatic transmision shifter sensor found in TSB to smooth out shifting. Great city car, great gas milage. Car has functioned extremly well no problems. Brakes and tires around 42,000 mi. Very basic low cost transportation. I have been very pleased.

horrible engine
By Judie on 11/09/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

At about 57,000 miles the car stopped on me and a " new" engine was replaced a t Diamond Hyundai. They had it 5 weeks as they had to get the engine from Korea. Today at 138,000 which is almost 80,000 miles on the "new" engine I find that my car has done the same thing... just stopped. Both times ,the mechanic has said that the timing belt broke and that the pistons and values were bad. What is wrong with this fraudulent engine ??? oh and the last mechanic has told me that the engine put in last time at Diamond Hyundai is not a new nor manufactured engine. They lied and did not need to ahve my car for 5 weeks as it did not obviously come from Korea. Maybe the local junk yard.

Fantastic Little Car
By Marshall on 10/19/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

reliable, wonderful mileage (37 HWY, 30 CTY). puchase w/out CD, PWR windows, locks, mirrors, cruise control-minor factors. overall, great buy. good design. spacious trunk. MOON ROOF. decent acceleration. 62,000 miles, $4,200. great car for the money. i don't like the steering wheel (personal preference: i like to steer from the bottom). minimal body damage, easy oil change, good tires. bad sound system, but i bought a new one to put in. good design. i'll never buy another american car. i absolutely love it. interior is a little ugly, but i can deal. i suggest you buy this car, it's cheap, reliable, pretty, fuel efficient (i fill up every 10 days, and i commute 30 miles to work every day).

Should be Called Accident
By ACCENTSUCKS on 09/06/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Oooh the pain of owning an accent. Oil seems to magically disappear in this car. Standard transmission pops out of gear all the time. Master cylander replaced twice, brakes twice, oil constantly, rusting already can't wait to get rid of it. Warranty useless, product useless avoid this car like the plague that it is!

Hyundai Lies About Its Warranties
By HyundaiLies on 06/07/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

I faithfully serviced my car at the dealer but immediately after servicing it for a problem, they left me stranded in the desert w/the same problem just after the first warranty ran out. Before the 2nd warranty expired, it burned and leaked oil like crazy. I had to fight Hyundai tooth and nail for everything. If anyone buys a Hyundai & believes their ads, they're missing a chromosome. Spend the extra money & buy a HONDA or anything else.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO GET ONE!
By Erika on 02/23/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Accent GL 4 door/automatic was the first used car I've bought, but it's been the most RELIABLE! Bought it with 45K, now it has 70K on it. I love it so much! It's fun to drive, and more reliable than any of the new vehicles we've ever bought... maybe that's because it's a foreign- made car. Those Koreans really know how to make cars! Hyundai (along with Toyota, Honda, and Mitsubishi) knows how to make American automakers look like garbage! I think I'll do all of my car-buying with Hyundai now. I've been so pleased with their customer service when the seat belt locked up. It wasn't under factory warranty at that point, but they fixed it under the warranty anyway.

I have one!
By melody on 02/11/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I own one of these cars. although i tinted the windows and put a few small in-expensive little gagets, like seat covers, window stickers, and just kinda tricked it out a little bite, i love driving my car, its great on gas, so i dont have to stop at every station i see. YOOHOO!handles great on wet and snowy roads, thats the front wheel drive doing its thing! although, it gets great gas mileage on the HWY 400+ miles,to A TANK, i can handle the 250-270 miles A TANK In town driving. i love this car. its agreat car for a single person,, or if you dont want to haul all your friends around for free. three friends and yourself, thats plenty in one car, great car overall. I love my car

right
By g on 12/02/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

bought w/32k in dec 04, its noisy (weather stripping stinks) the dash sounds like a kitten, rear struts squeak (probably leak), replaced oil dipstick at 37k(rust...hmm?) mass air flow sensor at 43k, remapped the computer (whatever that means) 2nd & 3rd gear grind,driver and passenger side window rattle when down, speedometer or tach make noise, cup holders in a odd place.new front brakes at 48k.warranty is up in jan 06 eek!...so whats next to fix!