2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Love my GS
By jimh on 08/24/10 14:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought new as a drive-to-work car. Had 2 minor problems long ago-throttle sensor and driver window motor. Fast fixes under warranty. I've treated it well and it has returned the favor. This is not a race car nor an SUV so you can't abuse it. I suspect this is where most oil and other problems come from. Changed oil every 3-5K, the timing belt at 45K service. Clutch pedal throwout bearing started minor chattering at 65K. Warranty covered and dealer did clutch (not needed but did it while warranty covered disassembly and reassembly). Won't set records but accelerates just fine. 33 mpg city, 36- 43mpg highway depending on grade of gas. Age is setting in but it is still strong. Never leaked.

Love it! Its like my baby
By Pam on 09/16/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

This car is a blast to drive. I bought it used with 116k miles, have had it for 3 years and its still going strong. Only a few maintenance issues here and there but can make long distant drives fine with higher miles! Although my car does not have a rpm gauge on the dash, I learned to drive it by ear. Its my baby and i love it so much!

Great Little Car
By Nadine on 09/09/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car five years ago when it was five years old and I haven't had any major problems, just minor repairs. The car is great on gas and the repairs I have done have been cheap. My only complaint is that the car is gutless and has a hard time making it up hills. This was my first car and I would purchase this car again!

Owned one for 9 years without problems
By vaskar on 05/15/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I bought new.This is my third car.I am inlove with it till now. If you make the services on the time,it will never leave you on the road. Until now,the counter says: 172000 klm and it goes on. I haven't until now any serious problems. I have change a set of clutch disc at 110000 klm and four shock absorbers at 100000 klm. But in my opinion, this is normal for a car that keep mooving. I take care my car, so it takes care of me. I know that I have an ordinary car but now I'm sure that this is a really good car. It's a great value for money.

Why I hate my Hyundai
By Jacqui on 02/14/09 15:47 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Sunroof leaks, heater broke,replaced rear wiper motor twice in 1 year ($400each), the brakes completely and calipers? twice in 2 years. I have also replaced the exhaust, the clutch which when it broke damaged the transmission so badly i had to replace both. Also goes through oil like crazy. Spend about $3500 per year on repairs. Doors swing back and slam on your legs as well. Oh loses power trying to go up even small hills. Also bought for $10000 was worth $2500 within 2 years. I hate this car. it is currently in for repairs again. Horrible car. would be great if it ran. Ever. Not worth it even for free, use the money you save on repairs to go on a vacation

VERY GOOD CAR!
By reyesvazquez on 07/21/08 11:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I got this car brand new and after 6 years the only thing that went bad was the MAF. can't complain its a good car. I do recommend follow the maintenance so you don't had to deal with mayor repairs in a future, for me is working like a charm!

My Best Car Ever
By Miss Dee on 04/23/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car brand new, it now has 147,000 miles and still running. With gas prices nowadays I can not complain at 33 mpg. I am currently looking for a 2008 but .. Hmm I love my car and don't want to sell or trade in. I guess I'll keep it for one more year.

horrible engine
By Judie on 11/09/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

At about 57,000 miles the car stopped on me and a " new" engine was replaced a t Diamond Hyundai. They had it 5 weeks as they had to get the engine from Korea. Today at 138,000 which is almost 80,000 miles on the "new" engine I find that my car has done the same thing... just stopped. Both times ,the mechanic has said that the timing belt broke and that the pistons and values were bad. What is wrong with this fraudulent engine ??? oh and the last mechanic has told me that the engine put in last time at Diamond Hyundai is not a new nor manufactured engine. They lied and did not need to ahve my car for 5 weeks as it did not obviously come from Korea. Maybe the local junk yard.

Should be Called Accident
By ACCENTSUCKS on 09/06/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Oooh the pain of owning an accent. Oil seems to magically disappear in this car. Standard transmission pops out of gear all the time. Master cylander replaced twice, brakes twice, oil constantly, rusting already can't wait to get rid of it. Warranty useless, product useless avoid this car like the plague that it is!

Hyundai Lies About Its Warranties
By HyundaiLies on 06/07/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I faithfully serviced my car at the dealer but immediately after servicing it for a problem, they left me stranded in the desert w/the same problem just after the first warranty ran out. Before the 2nd warranty expired, it burned and leaked oil like crazy. I had to fight Hyundai tooth and nail for everything. If anyone buys a Hyundai & believes their ads, they're missing a chromosome. Spend the extra money & buy a HONDA or anything else.