1999 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Excllent Second Car

1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Excllent Second Car
By SAM on

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 99 as a commuter for wife's school and can't seem to let it go. Paid for all recommended service at Hyundai dealer and never had a single problem that wasn't covered buy warranty and repaired quickly. Better dealer service than my $35,000 dollar 4Runner gets!!! I have convinced 5 other people (including my Mom)to buy new Hyundais and they all still like me!!! Simply one of the most reliable and affordable cars on the road. The warranty speaks for itself. If it wasn't a decent car why would Hyundai tell you they will fix it for free for 10 years!!! If Hyundai made a minivan I would buy one tomorrow without any hesitation whatsoever. Simply an awsome car and car company!!

Favorite Features

Roomy, Roomy, Roomy, did I say Roomy? Seats 4 Adults with room to spare! Everything about this car far exceeds anything else on the market in the same price class and one step above it. 5 Speed provides excellent acceleration for merging onto the highway. Drives and parks like a go cart in city.

Suggested Improvements

After one year had Hyundai dealer install AC. Service was so good I could not tell they actually did such a major modification to my car other than the fact that there was an AC button on the heater controls and the car got cold inside when pushed. AC doesn't even affect the gas mileage still 33 mpg