1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
my last hyundai
By kml99 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

this car had so many problems. my friend and i bought the car on the same day and she ended up trading it in 2 years later, because it was so bad. the suspension was horrible.it would never get into the proper gear on the highway (i have an automatic). and i have had a problem with the air conditioner since day one, and no one seems to know how to fix it.

car
By klpzack on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Actually I was in an accident a few days ago and the insurance company wants to total out my car. I am having a hard time finding a good site to get an idea of a ballpark figure to accept as an offer. My car was very reliable. I had it serviced regularly. The tires are 4 months old. It was a fun little car. I have 2 small children and even being a compact, it was fairly convenient. I felt safer with the dual airbags.

The Best Kept Secret in the Auto World
By David V. White on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I consider the Hyundai Accent to be an exceptional value compared to similar sized economy vehicles, such as the Nissan Sentra or Ford Escort. It came with a 10-year manufacturer warranty that transfers as a 5-year warranty on resale. It is roomy for passengers, with ample rear seat leg room. The rear seats fold down to give plenty of cargo space. In three years, the car had no mechanical problems whatsoever. My only complaint was a pesky "Check Engine" warning light that came on twice for no apparent reason.

Cool little car.
By Brian Sherman on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Absolutly love my 19990Accent. Nice tight suspension around corners, very zippy 5 speed and very comfortable. Did I mention the awesome gas mileage? Recommend!

My first Hyundai...
By rocket88 on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

In '99 I bought the Accent just for commuting to work. It's got 40,000 miles on it now and I've had no problems whatsoever. Oh, wait, a headlight went out at 30,000 miles and the wiper blades need replacing. Gets 35mpg at mostly between 75-80. I've changed the oil 14 times myself and had the dealer do the 15K and the 30K mile service. Even the little 13 inch tires are still servicible, but have always been awful in the rain. Overall I think I got a great deal at $6995 and if the next 40,000 miles are like the first., I might just buy another one.

Excellent Hyundai
By Albert Rockford on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Absolutely no complaint's whatsoever, just an amazing car!

Not A Lemon But
By Bobby Perry on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

After three years, car began to drive like a Sherman Tank. Bad suspension. Went to dealer and was told it was normal. Became normal after 3 years. Had another that drive comfortably for 11 yrs without delcine in suspension performance.