Used 1999 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Excllent Second Car
By SAM

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 99 as a commuter for wife's school and can't seem to let it go. Paid for all recommended service at Hyundai dealer and never had a single problem that wasn't covered buy warranty and repaired quickly. Better dealer service than my $35,000 dollar 4Runner gets!!! I have convinced 5 other people (including my Mom)to buy new Hyundais and they all still like me!!! Simply one of the most reliable and affordable cars on the road. The warranty speaks for itself. If it wasn't a decent car why would Hyundai tell you they will fix it for free for 10 years!!! If Hyundai made a minivan I would buy one tomorrow without any hesitation whatsoever. Simply an awsome car and car company!!

Roomy, Roomy, Roomy, did I say Roomy? Seats 4 Adults with room to spare! Everything about this car far exceeds anything else on the market in the same price class and one step above it. 5 Speed provides excellent acceleration for merging onto the highway. Drives and parks like a go cart in city.

After one year had Hyundai dealer install AC. Service was so good I could not tell they actually did such a major modification to my car other than the fact that there was an AC button on the heater controls and the car got cold inside when pushed. AC doesn't even affect the gas mileage still 33 mpg

Would Buy Another
By Andrea

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

This was our 2nd Hyundai. Our 1st lasted 14 years. This one was rolled in an accident. It performed perfectly, the driver walked away. I would buy another in a heartbeat. It was reliable, easy to drive and maintain, fun and inexpensive. Everything you want in a little car.

Easy to reach dashboard items, leg room in the backseat, big trunk, great gas mileage.

Had a problem with the seatbelts in the back, should be longer and easier to use.

Cheap wheels, great commuter car
By cjkip

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I needed an affordable car when I got a new job requiring 100 commuting miles per day. 100% reliable, cheap transportation. LOVE the cargo room for such a small car - you wouldn't believe what I have fit into it - my friends didn't! Only complaint before 100k miles was pretty bad paint chipping from the front bumper. After 100,000, small things began to break like a plastic holder for the cargo shield, but easily replaced. Have put a little money into it, but not much, for timing belt, oxygen sensor, exhaust pipe. Still going strong at 116k. A great little car so far and still reliable.

Cheap, reliable transportation. Massive cargo space for its size.

CD player better paint job on the front bumper

Good starter car
By anonymoushyundai

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I have had no problems with my car. I bought it for transportation to and from school (300 miles round trip). I drove home every weekend with no problem. I am ready to upgrade now that I am in a professional career. No power whatsoever, but I guess that's what you trade for the price.

Price when bought, gas economy, and upgraded stereo system

power locks, mirrors, better engine power, folding backseat, and A/C! Most have it, but for some reason, mine does not.

Lot of Car for the money
By akasurf

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Since purchasing my Accent in 1999, it has served me well! I replaced a Toyota that was 17 years old. I was a bit nervous about purchasing the Accent at first. But since owning this car I am sold on them! This car is every bit as good as my Toyota. It use to take me 60 miles to work and home again. Never skipping a beat, never letting me down! I offen recommand a Hyundai to my friends, and several have purchase them.

I have one word for this car, "simplicity"! It is the thing I liked most about the car from the first I saw it! Driving 120 mile to and from work you need something that is dependable and simple. I only needed A/C and Radio, but the Hyundai offered more for my money!

As much as I like this car, it could have a little less noise inside the cabin area.