1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Excllent Second Car
By SAM on 07/14/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 99 as a commuter for wife's school and can't seem to let it go. Paid for all recommended service at Hyundai dealer and never had a single problem that wasn't covered buy warranty and repaired quickly. Better dealer service than my $35,000 dollar 4Runner gets!!! I have convinced 5 other people (including my Mom)to buy new Hyundais and they all still like me!!! Simply one of the most reliable and affordable cars on the road. The warranty speaks for itself. If it wasn't a decent car why would Hyundai tell you they will fix it for free for 10 years!!! If Hyundai made a minivan I would buy one tomorrow without any hesitation whatsoever. Simply an awsome car and car company!!

Would Buy Another
By Andrea on 02/02/05 14:18 PM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

This was our 2nd Hyundai. Our 1st lasted 14 years. This one was rolled in an accident. It performed perfectly, the driver walked away. I would buy another in a heartbeat. It was reliable, easy to drive and maintain, fun and inexpensive. Everything you want in a little car.

Cheap wheels, great commuter car
By cjkip on 12/21/04 20:11 PM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I needed an affordable car when I got a new job requiring 100 commuting miles per day. 100% reliable, cheap transportation. LOVE the cargo room for such a small car - you wouldn't believe what I have fit into it - my friends didn't! Only complaint before 100k miles was pretty bad paint chipping from the front bumper. After 100,000, small things began to break like a plastic holder for the cargo shield, but easily replaced. Have put a little money into it, but not much, for timing belt, oxygen sensor, exhaust pipe. Still going strong at 116k. A great little car so far and still reliable.

Good starter car
By anonymoushyundai on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I have had no problems with my car. I bought it for transportation to and from school (300 miles round trip). I drove home every weekend with no problem. I am ready to upgrade now that I am in a professional career. No power whatsoever, but I guess that's what you trade for the price.

Lot of Car for the money
By akasurf on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Since purchasing my Accent in 1999, it has served me well! I replaced a Toyota that was 17 years old. I was a bit nervous about purchasing the Accent at first. But since owning this car I am sold on them! This car is every bit as good as my Toyota. It use to take me 60 miles to work and home again. Never skipping a beat, never letting me down! I offen recommand a Hyundai to my friends, and several have purchase them.

Great first car
By Brandon G. from CA on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Ya, I'm 16 and I got my accent about 6 months ago and it has been great. It's not the fastest car in the world but it's still fun to drive.Also it's small size helps a lot with parking. It seems like a very reliable car and I'd recommend it.

FUN TO DRIVE
By KDNGIRL on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Bought 1 year ago in the worst Alberta weather and it started no problem. It handles great on the snow and ice. A simple basic car for transportation. Good fuel economy. Very little engine noise for a car at this price.

cheapest and nicest car i ever bought
By niceDave on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

This car gets great gas mileage and is fun and easy to drive.

2,351 dollars including tax anad tags
By TrogdoR! on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I just bought this car 3 days ago so I know i can't really say anything about reliability but for having only a 92 hp engine this car flys. I bought it for 2,351 dollars including taxes and tags it has 75,000 miles on it has no leaks oil and transmission both look good clutch is nice and firm the outside of the car is still shinny and the inside is clean as ever for my third car id have to say i enjoy this the most.

Never Again
By former Vermonters on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

There are only two things that are good about this car, the gas mileage and it is excellent plowing through snow. Since 25K, we have had a problem with the transmission sensor. We lose the high and low gears but I learned that if I turn the car off, I can reset the sensor. Most often, it works but if not, I start in 2nd gear and upshift to D, no highway traveling with this one. It has been replaced once already and is due for another. There is almost no headroom in this car and if we wear more than a heavy sweatshirt in the car, there is barely enough room for two people in the front.