Used 1999 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Awesome little car!
By Leo

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

Mine is the sedan with automatic and bought it almost 2 years ago from the original owner. The car feels solid and has amazing fuel economy. This last year took it to 2 road trips from Nevada to Ensenada, Mexico and my wife and I are very surprised of this car! Cruising at 75mph the car feels safe and stable. It's no Lexus or Mercedes, but it offers enough room and comfort for up to 4 people. It's a basic commuter car but we just love it.

Living in Vegas, having A/C is a must and this car's A/C is a gem! Smooth automatic transmission, sedan, trunk is huge for a car its size, fuel economy is amazing!! We only spent 50 bucks back and forth to Ensenada in early November, most parts are cheap too!

I have to say the engine is a little underpowered when the car is fully loaded, but let's not forget is a 1.5 liter engine!

Great first car!!
By Anuj

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 2nd owner Accent with 54K on it. I needed to for college and moving around the city. I used to drive it for more than 20 miles a day for 7 months and never and I repeat never did it malfunction. About an year now and I did not have to visit the mechanic once, sparing the routing emission test. To my surprise, the engine cranked to a start after more than 45 days in the cold. The pickup is not great, nor does it have a power steering, but it is simply awesome for the price. Go get one in a decent condition, you will not regret it..

Decent looks, unbeatable reliability, a good F/M player

Nothing for the price. But an A/C, a more powerful engine and an automatic transmission sure will help

Great Car for the money
By Hector

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on Dec 2006. It only has 9300 miles on it because it's a rebuilt car and was sitting on the dealer for more than 5 years. So I bought it, set everything back up and put it back on the road. It had only 2749 mi when I bought it. I live in Las Vegas and took a three-week trip to visit my friends in Guadalajara, Mexico (three-day drive) in this amazing car and can't complain about anything. My girlfriend, two friends and I were on the car down to Mexico, the AC was on the whole trip and the car was just amazing, just did oil change down in Guadalajara. The best thing was cruising at 80mph on the highway with the car fully loaded.

AC, Automatic Transmission is great, shifts smoothly. I'm 6'4 and the driving position is excellent for me, CAN'T COMPLAIN, love the whole car!!!

More cargo room, had to buy a roof rack to store our lugagge; more back seat room.

1999 Hyundai Accent
By robert rascon

1999 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Very good back and forth to work 120 miles per day.

Good on gas and reliable.

Bigger engine.

99 Accent
By Allison

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 10300 km's on it for $4400 in Canada. The hub caps rusted very easily and needed to be replaced almost right away. The car is small and comfy, but if you're a tall person I don't recommend this car.