1999 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Hyundai is Reliable!!!
By eddie1700 on 09/07/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Hello, I just felt impelled to write a review of this car. It is a Hyundai accent 1999, it is a little reliable rider I'íve seen plenty of friends with BMW's and Fords all go down before my ride. I take regular maintenance serious and this car has not let me down. Currently has 150,000 plus miles and I keep track of mileage with highway and city driving I still average 35mpg its amazing; very efficient. It might not be the most attractive ride out there but makes up for it in swag points that' for sure. Plenty of room in the interior for hauling basics, and again its reliability is incredible.

Excellent first car
By exonite on 08/23/13 17:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

really reliably,economical and fun to drive car.it's been almost 14 years now and it's still handy and without any major problems

Unbreakable people mover
By Chrs68 on 11/11/09 11:16 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought a rebuilt Accent from my sister-in-law when she moved to the other coast. The exterior design made me name it Gertrude. Three years later, I have not had to make any repairs, only normal wear and tear. This is just a people mover that does the job with no fuss, and I have no complaints about it, except that it is starting to rust (living in Quebec, any 10-year-old car has that problem). It has enough power for the job and not enough to be stupid with it - great for my kids. It has enough room for four people and adequate trunk space. I plan on keeping it for as long as the rust will let me.

10th Birthday and still going strong!
By mweinmann on 06/26/09 05:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car in 2000 when it was one year old. I was looking for an economical, dependable car. This little gem has exceeded all of my expectations. I fit an unbelievable amount of stuff in the back....it is so much larger than it looks from the outside. My fuel bills are less than anyone that I know.....it drives great in snow....and the best part is that I have had to put so little $$$$ in this car!! At ten years old, it is still going strong. Best value I have ever had.

Hyundai Accident, it runs...
By Senaelen on 05/14/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car for my brother, all it had wrong with it when we bought it was an exhaust leak. He didn't fix it because he's a butthead. but, this would appear to be a hyundai thing - if you're buying this car, check to make sure youre exhaust manifold and pipe were replaced, they rot out from the front onward! also check to make sure your alternator was replaced, and for the love of god, change the transmission fluid. This car has run into a lot of manufacturer problems starting with the schematics from hyundai listing the wrong wire colors. The overdrive switch on the shifter console has wires inside of it that break over time with the shifter moving. Be careful if you buy this car!

Awesome little car!
By Leo on 01/01/09 11:00 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

Mine is the sedan with automatic and bought it almost 2 years ago from the original owner. The car feels solid and has amazing fuel economy. This last year took it to 2 road trips from Nevada to Ensenada, Mexico and my wife and I are very surprised of this car! Cruising at 75mph the car feels safe and stable. It's no Lexus or Mercedes, but it offers enough room and comfort for up to 4 people. It's a basic commuter car but we just love it.

Great first car!!
By Anuj on 03/14/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 2nd owner Accent with 54K on it. I needed to for college and moving around the city. I used to drive it for more than 20 miles a day for 7 months and never and I repeat never did it malfunction. About an year now and I did not have to visit the mechanic once, sparing the routing emission test. To my surprise, the engine cranked to a start after more than 45 days in the cold. The pickup is not great, nor does it have a power steering, but it is simply awesome for the price. Go get one in a decent condition, you will not regret it..

Great Car for the money
By Hector on 09/25/07 01:24 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on Dec 2006. It only has 9300 miles on it because it's a rebuilt car and was sitting on the dealer for more than 5 years. So I bought it, set everything back up and put it back on the road. It had only 2749 mi when I bought it. I live in Las Vegas and took a three-week trip to visit my friends in Guadalajara, Mexico (three-day drive) in this amazing car and can't complain about anything. My girlfriend, two friends and I were on the car down to Mexico, the AC was on the whole trip and the car was just amazing, just did oil change down in Guadalajara. The best thing was cruising at 80mph on the highway with the car fully loaded.

1999 Hyundai Accent
By robert rascon on 11/18/06 11:13 AM (PST)

1999 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback

Very good back and forth to work 120 miles per day.

99 Accent
By Allison on 08/15/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

1999 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 10300 km's on it for $4400 in Canada. The hub caps rusted very easily and needed to be replaced almost right away. The car is small and comfy, but if you're a tall person I don't recommend this car.