1996 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

1996 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Hyundai rocks
By herb on 09/11/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

This vehicle has been low maintenance...aside from typical wear and tear...brakes, tires, etc. Gets about 35 miles per gallon. Very reliable. Owned for 12 years

Fun to drive
By valpak on 06/07/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

Bought new. No problems for first 8 years then things started to go wrong. both door handles have broken off. I have loved the car for the most part. I am considering buying a 2008 accent. It is a great buy for the money, roomy, fun to drive, great gas mileage. What more does someone want! We must have liked our 96 if we are looking to buy a 2008, plus a warranty that is great. If you are thinking of buying a Hyundai it is a great buy and you won't be sorry!

Its so easy
By Dame Carter on 02/19/08 20:32 PM (PST)

1996 Hyundai Accent GT 2dr Hatchback

Truth is the car uses a mitsubishi engine if people didnt know and its so easy to to customize, its not a car people normally assume is fast so when persons realize whoa thats a hyundai, its like yea fast isnt it. Its cheaper than alot of other cars to maintain and cheap to boost if your interested in speed.

Good LIttle car
By tzz50 on 05/15/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Just got the a few weeks ago but no big mess ups yet but it has the capability to be a good street racer.

Piece of crap
By ptlytch07 on 09/20/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

This car is a complete piece of junk. I purchased this vehicle from a private seller and it had 103,000 miles on it. It seemed to be in great shape and run good, but after only a few hundred miles it's true colors began to show. The engine finally blew and I replaced it with another identical engine from a junkyard car and had the exact same problems. I was fortunate enough to sell the car while it was actually running. I have had many cars in my lifetime and this was probably the biggest piece of crap of all time! Don't even think about buying one!

Reliable and Cheap
By Richars2 on 08/09/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

Simple car, no frills, few options. This was before the 10 year 10k power train warranty. I've had no problems with it until it hit it's 11th birthday - then the trans began to slip. Overall it's been a good purchase and has been quite reliable. Cheap car, cheap to drive. Trans was always a little rough in shifting. Seats are average at best.

Ode to my Hyundai
By geegee on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

My little car that could. I have had it for almost 8 years from new, drove GREAT! for the first 5 years, had two major repairs after that (when it rains it pours) engine head, and computer went out, but no small problems at all! couldn't bring myself to trade in because no other car could match it for veratility, or gas mileage. I got 33MPG on mixed driving. I will miss you!

A GREAT LITTLE CAR
By FJP6910 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

Have made many trips in the 250 oneway range over the years and never had a problem. Made several 3500 mile oneway trips..had no problems, was comfortable and loved the mileage. Has been virtually NO MECHANICAL problems since buying it new.

1996 model better than new model
By bosou on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

This car is excellent for short distant commute. I put 43k on milage on this car since 1996 and still in shiny, new, excellent conditition. Longest drive - Las Vegas, longest single drive without turning off engine - 7 hours. Fuel consumption is excellent - about 37 - 40 on highway (on economy gear option).

Peppy car
By Claystin on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

Good car that was purchased used with 33K on the odometer. Reliable and dependable on have changed oil, tires, and brakes, regular maintainance.