1995 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Great little car
By wahadooo on 02/27/10 13:48 PM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car used as a emergency had to have a car as my old one died. I have been very happy since. It is great on mileage(38mpg). The timing belt broke while I was driving so since then I've had a new engine. I has 169,000 miles on it and it still hauls wood for my wood stove like a little pick up truck. The front has a few dents so when I nailed a deer with it I didn't really mind. I will definitely get another Hyundai when this one dies. But, I do need a truck too. either way, we will always have a Hyundai in our dooryard.

What I Paid Too Much For
By Mary on 08/23/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

Don't have a blow out on the front tire, it will tear up your front bumper, your fender and if on drivers side can tear up your wiring harness which can cause the car to catch fire. Very dangerous how they put the wiring harness where they did and so close to the front tire. Great on Gas Milage, especially highway up to 40 mpg. City avg. 28 mpg. Would I buy this car again - NO WAY!!

Miss my 95
By Traci on 02/15/05 21:34 PM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I had purchased my 95 accent as my first car with 100 thousand miles already on it. I spent a grand on it and I probably put about 500 into it total over the span of 2 years. With almost 60 thousand miles added I only had one problem, a screw bent in the clutch. I trusted the car with my life and I now have a 2004 hyundai accent and I am constantly comparing it to my old car. I recommend this car for anyone who wants a cheap car to get around. The only problem was the crank windows, nothing a little elbow grease couldn't handle though, I was buff at the end of the 2 years.

Excellent car!
By micqn on 02/01/05 17:31 PM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

I used to make fun of my little Accent but not any more! This car has been the most reliable car I have owned and it doesn't cost a lot to maintain. The engine had to be replaced but I did that myself, the paint is still in excellent shape, the car overall is a great little car. I am able to get about 325 MPGmiles on a full tank of gas around town and nearly 375 MPG on the freeway cruising at 65 MPH. This equates to filling the car up every two weeks. The tires are very inexpensive when needed, oil changes are a cinch, basic maintenance is nearly obsolete. The car takes very good care of me hence I take very good care of it.

Fun Runaround
By renfnl on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car, especially in ways you would not think...like performance, very sure footed, and ample power. However a bit uncomfortable if you intend to leave town with it.

Little problems, Little car
By izzy85 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and it has proved to be a good one. I love how tight it takes corners and easily fits into cramped spaces. When I first purchased it it would run really slow and had a hard time going from first to second but I later found out I needed new spark plugs and a new starter (cheap!) So now with the regular maint. she runs great!

Good Solid Car
By modee on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

This was my second Hyundai, and it was a great choice. I have been driving this car for seven years, and it is still like new to me. There have been no unpleasant surprises, just regular maintenance. The ride is a little rough, so that you seem to be going much faster than you are (which is good for folks like me who drive too fast), but other than that it has really great drivability. And, it has a cute butt.

LOVE IT, WOULD BUY ANOTHER TOMORROW
By geewiz26 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

Great mileage. Had to replace the alternator around 130,000. Replaced clutch and transmission around 96,000, but mine had only 75,000 warranty so I paid, but it wasn't a lot of money. MY window was sticky too, the more time went on the harder it was to crank it up, then finally it dropped inthe door, but I took it to the local windshield/glass store and they put it back on the track for $25. Outside of that no other problems with car. Paid 9475 for it, and have put about $1000 in it. Not including tires/brakes. Have only had to put one set of brakes onthe car and I have 147000 miles onthe car.

Great Car
By Jay Ayyappan on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

It's been fun driving my Hyundai Accent for the last 1 year. The only problem Ive had was with the Manual Windows, but otherwise it's a great car.

My second Hyundai.
By Disco7 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

This was my second Hyundai and im now on my third. I loved this car. I dont know why peeps bash Hyundai's, but i love them. I bought this car at 60000 miles and drove it till 130000 and sold it and bought another. Only thing that went bad was the tranny at 80000 miles due to previous owner negligence. Solid car.