Used 1995 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

1995 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great little car
By wahadooo

1995 Hyundai Accent 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car used as a emergency had to have a car as my old one died. I have been very happy since. It is great on mileage(38mpg). The timing belt broke while I was driving so since then I've had a new engine. I has 169,000 miles on it and it still hauls wood for my wood stove like a little pick up truck. The front has a few dents so when I nailed a deer with it I didn't really mind. I will definitely get another Hyundai when this one dies. But, I do need a truck too. either way, we will always have a Hyundai in our dooryard.

Favorite Features

Great on gas and easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

Make one into a pick up truck

What I Paid Too Much For
By Mary

1995 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

Don't have a blow out on the front tire, it will tear up your front bumper, your fender and if on drivers side can tear up your wiring harness which can cause the car to catch fire. Very dangerous how they put the wiring harness where they did and so close to the front tire. Great on Gas Milage, especially highway up to 40 mpg. City avg. 28 mpg. Would I buy this car again - NO WAY!!

Miss my 95
By Traci

1995 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

I had purchased my 95 accent as my first car with 100 thousand miles already on it. I spent a grand on it and I probably put about 500 into it total over the span of 2 years. With almost 60 thousand miles added I only had one problem, a screw bent in the clutch. I trusted the car with my life and I now have a 2004 hyundai accent and I am constantly comparing it to my old car. I recommend this car for anyone who wants a cheap car to get around. The only problem was the crank windows, nothing a little elbow grease couldn't handle though, I was buff at the end of the 2 years.

Favorite Features

Mine was pink...I loved the color. Also, it's reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The wIndows, other than that it was a perfect car.

Excellent car!
By micqn

1995 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan

I used to make fun of my little Accent but not any more! This car has been the most reliable car I have owned and it doesn't cost a lot to maintain. The engine had to be replaced but I did that myself, the paint is still in excellent shape, the car overall is a great little car. I am able to get about 325 MPGmiles on a full tank of gas around town and nearly 375 MPG on the freeway cruising at 65 MPH. This equates to filling the car up every two weeks. The tires are very inexpensive when needed, oil changes are a cinch, basic maintenance is nearly obsolete. The car takes very good care of me hence I take very good care of it.

Favorite Features

Simple design, well built, no rattles, easy to maintain, drive, park, fill- up. It is a very sound car.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't want to get in a major accident in this car. Cruise control would be nice. Oh well, we are human, we can adapt.

Fun Runaround
By renfnl

1995 Hyundai Accent L 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car, especially in ways you would not think...like performance, very sure footed, and ample power. However a bit uncomfortable if you intend to leave town with it.

Favorite Features

Lots of factory extras on mine, like sunroof, a/c, c/d, upgraded engine. Also very dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Problems with windows rolling up, better placement of rear defrost button.