Used 2009 HUMMER H3T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific H3T model:

Great truck for my job!
By TransmitterDoc

2009 HUMMER H3T 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

The nature of my work requires me to get to remote transmitter sites regardless of weather conditions. The H3T manages the winter weather with ease, and has no problem with rough terrain. The truck rides well and is comfortable.

Favorite Features

The overall ruggedness of this truck is the best feature. The smooth ride is surprising. Bluetooth hands free cell phone link was a nice surprise. The cargo rails in the bed are great!

Suggested Improvements

A locking tailgate would be nice. The Monsoon sound system should play MP3 disks or have an auxiliary input jack.

Excellence On and Off Road
By Joy

2009 HUMMER H3T Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best off road vehicle I have ever driven! Drove them all. Great ride over rock, up rock and through the creeks. No stopping this one

Favorite Features

Ride is great. You are in touch with what's below but you don't feel every jolt. I got the 33 in tires this time and I think they add stability and better handling

Suggested Improvements

Lockable compartments would be great. Nowhere to stow watch and camera when we kayak

last GM product
By mailman2000

2009 HUMMER H3T 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

worst piece of junk. I left on vacation on 1/31 transmission burned up with 1,800 miles on it the truck is still at the dealership in colorado being repaired i'm in Dallas and GM says'it's your problem getting it back to Texas.

Favorite Features

looks

Suggested Improvements

service, mpg's, realiabilty

Disaster!
By tyler

2009 HUMMER H3T Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my ranch and it doesn't even work half of the time. I have always loved Hummers. I had a Range Rover for my ranch to drive up in the mountains and go off roading in. Owned a Hummer H2 before that. I am going back to a Range Rover. I hate this car!

Favorite Features

Exterior design. I bought it for the exterior look. Mistake

Suggested Improvements

Small rear seats. Can't seem to go up a hill.

H3T Amazing!
By largemouthbass

2009 HUMMER H3T 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

Traded in my ZR2 Jimmy for the H3T. Best decision I have ever made. This truck is amazing! Lots of room, handles great and with the 5 speed manual its super fun to drive. Build quality is great and I am getting much better gas mileage with the I5 then I used to get with the piggish 4.3 V6 in the Jimmy. Has enough power for my needs and off road or in snow this truck is a dream. To top it off having the pick up bed makes this truck so much more practical and useful. A+

Favorite Features

The exterior look of the truck is very cool. Having bluetooth capability standard is awesome and lost of room inside.

Suggested Improvements

Being able to lock the tailgate would be nice