Used 2009 HUMMER H3T Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hummer H3t - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific H3T model:

built solid
By My Tonka Truck

2009 HUMMER H3T Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

recently bumped on side of truck by female driving a matrix. damage to matrix- front bumper completely pulled off of car. damage to hummer h3t- nothing that a little rubbing compound could'nt remove completely. i could'nt believe it. i wish i would have taken a picture of the other car.

MY H3T
By JMSBYS

2009 HUMMER H3T Crew Cab Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a real head turner. First of all there are very few on the road so people ask all the time about it. Has as much room as my last pickup, the Dodge Ram, but is built much stronger and more torque. I love my new truck.

Favorite Features

v8 power, huge sunroof, 4x4 on the fly

Suggested Improvements

I do not know why they cannot get better fuel consumption out of these motors. Should be atleast 20 mpg on any car these days.

Man Truck of the Year!
By Dennis

2009 HUMMER H3T Crew Cab Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought it, but from what I've experienced so far, there is not another truck in it's class on the planet that can even come close. The power, maneuverability, and rugged good looks commands excitement and frankly titillates both men and women alike.

Favorite Features

Besides the Alpha package? The trailer hitch rear view camera embedded into the mirror. Now I can hitch up my boat and ATV trailer without a spotter!

Suggested Improvements

I wish I had a better stereo system and built in navigation. Of course, better gas mileage...

HUMMER TOUGH
By Puffytails

2009 HUMMER H3T Crew Cab Alpha 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my H3T Alpha since the end of August. I have 2,659 miles on it. This truck is very nice to drive however slightly uncomfortable for long drives as the driver's side leg room is awkward. I find myself adjusting every 5 minutes. The sound system is pretty good however my H2 has a Bose system that definitely sounds a ton better. Speaking of which my H2's seats are like a Lazy Boy Recliner where as the H3T seats are not as cushy more firm not as wide. The truck does drive very comfortably and handles extremely well in the snow. My biggest gripe is that the EPA window sticker states 13 mpg city 16 mpg highway. At best I have gotten just under 13, and I drive mostly highway

Favorite Features

Heated seats that stay on, backup camera is AWESOME!, sunroof size same as H2, built in track system in bed for easy tie down, compartments in bed for storage, powerful motor

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE!!!, change cruise control design, cushier seats, telescoping steering wheel, better sound system, pair the powerful motor with a better transmission

So far, big fan...
By Jonesy

2009 HUMMER H3T Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2009 H3t about 2 weeks ago. It's my first truck and I was a little worried going from a sports car (Nissan 350z) to this, but so far I love it. Mine is black,the dealership threw on black Hummer rims, and this truck in black on black looks awesome. Not fast by any means, but thus far I'm getting about 420 miles on a tank with the i5 which is fine with me. Didn't get it to work on a farm or anything hardcore, but for running around the desert trails out here in Arizona it has been great.

Favorite Features

The looks! Get one blacked out and it looks supermean. The interior is simple, but looks great. It just looks unique...I think even better than the H2T.

Suggested Improvements

Either make an inline 5 with more horsepower or put in a V6. While it sounds cool when I have to put the pedal to the floor, it is slow getting it from 45 to 70 mph.