2008 HUMMER H3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific H3 model:
More comments on Hummer than C6
By LuvsHummers on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV Alpha 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a previous owner of an Escalade and BMW X5 I am impressed. The Alpha has plenty of power when you need it and cruises smooth at 85-90. This thing is build very tough and think it is the ideal vehicle for anywhere. If the term MPG is even a worry keep looking, while I do get 15-16 hwy it isn't pretty when driving in traffic. Overall I think this is a nice all around vehicle but not quite the space of larger suvs. Went between this and a H2 and chose the smaller, and am happy with that choice.

Wish they still made them
By warmhiker on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

We bought our first H3 in 2006 and just bought another used for me in 2010. I SO wish they still made these! Most comfortable SUV out there. Absolutely love the drive and I don't get run off the road out here in TX! Only complaint is takes forever when you step on the gas, but put in a shot of Gumout fuel injector cleaner, and gave me a little more umph! Despite be the best vehicle I've ever owned (out of 10!), if you get a chance, get the extended warranty. After 4 yrs., the security system and engine coil had to be replaced ($1200), but that's about it. If they still made these things we'd get another. Wish someone would buy Hummer and keep in American!

Best Looking SUV Out There!
By H3 Owner on 08/05/10 00:44 AM (PDT)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

Just bought my H3 luxury with 40,000 miles. I love the exterior and interior design. The engine is only a 3.7 and its a little underpowered but its not TOO bad. I think GM should of put a bigger engine in it. The fuel economy is whats expected from a mid- size suv. Im getting about 17 mpg combined. I think the interior set-up is one of the nicest from GM. The visibility is not great but not a big issue for taller drivers. The leather is very comfortable and the sunroof is huge! The monsoon system is banging. It turns heads like crazy! I love this car and wont get rid of in until the wheels fall off!

Hummer
By Gus Moore on 06/25/10 13:30 PM (PDT)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a loaded 2008 H3 with just 30k miles and kept it just 5 weeks before trading it back into the dealership. In that 5 weeks, I had to buy a $150 battery (come to find out it was the third battery the vehicle has went through) and jump start the vehicle 4 times something that you shouldn't have to do to a $25,000 SUV. When it did actually start, I found the 5 cylinder engine woefully under- powered which would be acceptable if it got better that 14 miles per gallon (My trade-in was an '03 F150 4x4 V-8 that got that good!) The H3 looks are fantastic but as my wife "It's all show and no go". That coming from a woman who drives a 2009 Scion xb 4cyc. After 5wks, I traded.

African H3 - Everybodies dream car
By H3 African Component on 03/25/10 22:20 PM (PDT)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

I love this car, SUV, truck, transporter or call it what you like. The only negative comments I ever get is from somebody that does not drive one. My wife and my 2 kids love the HUMMER. Out here in South Africa we have a lot of trails, bush and off road areas and we just wish we had more time to track them all. It parks easy, drive comfy and attracts attention

Confident Truck for a family guy
By HuskerHummerowner on 01/12/10 10:50 AM (PST)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV Alpha 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a former single Dad and now father of 8 I wanted a truck that never let me down regardless of road conditions so I could always get to my kids or get them where they need to be. H3 is for me! Comfortable, fun, unique, and the power of a full-size truck without the waste of a flat bed I didn't need. Sightlines are nice, ride sits high, and people who know how to use mirrors should have no problem with the Hummer. Back-up assist is nice, but not required if you use your mirrors. Do not buy this truck if you are going to stress about gas! Love the combination of substance under the hood and style throughout! The 4Runner is great under the hood, but can't touch the H3!

Hummer Alpha V8
By Offroading on 12/07/09 07:56 AM (PST)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV Alpha 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle ... lots of power for passing and going uphill with the v8 power. Simple instrumentation and large knobs make it easy for adjusting when the vehicle is going offroad. Get the BF Goodrich tires TA K/O .... better traction

Hummer Alpha 5.3 V8
By Great on 12/01/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV Alpha 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

4runner owner before ... great to have a V8 powered vehicle ! much more power for towing. Instrumentation is well layed out ... but could use more convenient features on the steering wheel like the H2. Memory front seats would be a nice feature. Ipod and USB ports for the stero system is missing.

Hummer Alpha 5.3liter V8
By Lee on 12/01/09 12:39 PM (PST)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV Alpha 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very comfortable for long rides, visibility for the driver is limited but you get use to it. The V8 engine is great for passing and climbing up hills. There is some wind noise but to be expected from a Hummer. Suggest to use BF Goodrich TA tires ... better traction than the Goodyear all terrain tires. Door side pockets could be bigger to hold more stuff.

Windshield
By Kurt Watson on 11/06/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2008 HUMMER H3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first Hummer and I am impressed with everything. The only complaint I have with my Hummer is the windshield. I am on number three in less than two years. The design of a flat glass gives Hummer that "look" but it is a sacrifice to rock chips and easy breaks in the hot Texas sun. A nice option would be high impact or bullet proof glass.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.