Used 2006 HUMMER H3 Consumer Reviews - 303 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 HUMMER H3 - Consumer Reviews

2006 HUMMER H3

Base 3.5L 5-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual - (303 reviews )

Hummer H3, to bad it was discontinued
By Charles

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great 4 wheel drive off road SUV, very easy to tow behind a motor home. Had jeeps and 4 wheel drive trucks, the H3 beats them all! I work in emergency management and have used this vehicle extensively.

Hummer fan
By Hummerfan

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased new almost 9.5 years ago and have put on 148,000 miles. It has been a GREAT vehicle with no problems. Have only replaces tires, battery, water pump and brakes. Really a fun and luxurious vehicle. Still commands looks!

Love the hummer
By jdicataldo

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I owned a hummer h3 2006 for over 6 years. I drove over 150k miles on it. When I reached the 100k I took it to the mechanic asking to check it for any maintenance since the mileage of the car and basically just replaced the spark plugs. Nothing else. I change my first set of pads (brake pads, no rotors} on 110k miles on the front wheels, and on 130k miles on the rear wheels. Just had to believe but true. Sold it on 2013 with over 170k miles and running perfect. I missed it so much that I just bought my second h3 a month ago same year with just over 100k miles. Took it to the dealer to do whatever needed to have the peace of mind and runs incredible smooth (even better that my last one since I put four new Michelin on this one). Super smooth ride and very happy with it. I m just buying all the option that I used to have on my first one. I recommend this suv to anyone. The look is great, the comfort, the driving position, everything. Some complaint for poor visibility but with big rear mirrors as it has and back up camera that I added I feel very confident parking or anything. Not very powerful acceleration but small engine gives you better MPG so something has to give up. Anyway is enough power for everyday needs.

Best SUV I've Owned
By jusncsu

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I own a 2006 H3 w/ adventure package. I bought the vehicle used in 2009 with approximately 30K miles and an existing factory warranty.

Hands down this is the best SUV I've ever owned. It's extremely comfortable, performs as needed and has been nothing but reliable. I've never had anything other than routine maintenance performed (knock on wood). My only complaint (if I had to give one) is that it doesn't have a ton of cargo space. My wife and I didn't have any children when we bought the car. However, we recently had our second child, and with double strollers, etc. are in need of a bigger SUV. However, I am not going to trade or sell the H3; I'll be keeping it forever!

Look of vehicle, comfort and off-road capability.

More cargo room would've been nice. However, it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Hummer time
By prodigy1

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a 06 h3 adventure package with 80k miles on it and was surprised at how well it rode and performed with the mileage it had. Every one gave me hell about having a hummer but I loved it. Driving it makes you feel like a kid driving a tonka toy. The Mpg's where average for its class 18-22 mixed driving. It was comfortable on short and long drives.
It never gave me any issues and it never got me stuck off road. If your debating between an h3 or a wrangler, get a h3. You get more for the money and insurance is less. You get better Mpg's and a nice comfy ride when you're not plowing through the woods or mountains. It's a solid ride.

The looks and the feel you get while driving it, I love that sitting in a tank with armored windows feeling. Fun to drive.

The cargo space in the back has little to be desired.