2006 HUMMER H3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L 5-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual - (299 reviews )
Hummer time
By prodigy1 on 10/10/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a 06 h3 adventure package with 80k miles on it and was surprised at how well it rode and performed with the mileage it had. Every one gave me hell about having a hummer but I loved it. Driving it makes you feel like a kid driving a tonka toy. The Mpg's where average for its class 18-22 mixed driving. It was comfortable on short and long drives. It never gave me any issues and it never got me stuck off road. If your debating between an h3 or a wrangler, get a h3. You get more for the money and insurance is less. You get better Mpg's and a nice comfy ride when you're not plowing through the woods or mountains. It's a solid ride.

2006 Adventure Package - Love this Car!!
By jusncsu on 12/05/12 11:11 AM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned it for a few years now (did a great deal of research to ensure that I wasn't purchasing a lemon) and I love this car more and more the longer I own it. One of the commenters on here had a great point. Get it serviced at your Cadillac or GM dealership, and keep up the maintenance!! I've heard a few comments regarding the lack of power/acceleration due to the size of the engine. This thing isn't a sports car! As others have said, it will easily get up to over 100mph. However, you shouldn't expect to get there in 6 seconds - who buys an SUV with that in mind?? Great car, I'm keeping mine forever!!

American Collectors Item
By ghostrider8 on 07/17/12 22:14 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was by a bank that Hummers are investments as the demand for Hummers is huge.The H3 has been a great, fun, rugged,strong & qaulity.The engine has pep in town,but most of the power is torque for pulling & climbing in hard terrain.Most that complain about them either have not taken proper care nor servced at a Cadillac or other GM desler.I had to cut off road in terrain that big 4x4 trucks could not go in,the H3 went through with no problems without even having to use 4 wheel drive.H3 is heavy & is designed to basically go anywhere,it is not a Ferrai,it is a Hummer built to in the harshes environment & it delivers.Open speed the H3 has no problem cruising at 100 mph.It is just cool.

giant piece of junk
By lodown on 06/07/12 00:44 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

Bought this pre-owned at 5 years old. Conveniently everything started going down the drain at that point. Stupid things would break like the door... couldn't open the driver door from the inside. Sunroof leaks, passenger will randomly get quite soaked. It seemed like every week something would go wrong. Key fob just doesn't work... tried changing the battery..nothing. One day I tried to go to work and the truck locked me in park! Couldn't move the vehicle! Extremely unreliable. One day hazard lights just turned on its own and wouldn't turn off. Can't even drive up hills without a hard time. No interior lights that turn on when door opens - stupid. Poor handling.

The True All American SUV!
By ghostrider8 on 06/03/12 00:57 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

(Note mine is automatic,online drop box only gave one option.)The style & design of the H3 is a head turner,it is unique,rugged,&can practically go any place. IF YOU BUY ONE, ONLY SERVICE IT A GM DEALER LIKE CADILLAC THAT DEALS WITH ESCULADES,BUT STAY OUT OF OIL LUBE & TUNE SHOP.The H3 is a fun vehicle to drive,has the most powerful A/C & Heater I have ever had.It is well built & reliable. They are now becoming some what of collectors items where Hummer Owners Clubs are growing & it has been speculated to be one vehicle that will increase in value.

Never Again!
By attaboy33 on 05/14/12 20:45 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

My happiness last for about 3 months until the sunroof began to leak and hasn't stopped since. I have taken it in 5 times and each time they only want to replace the drain hose. I bought it preowned and learned after 2 years of ownership that the problem existed prior to purchase and it was never disclosed, now the warranty is up and they refuse to fix it. The leaks have caused stains on the seats, a foul odor, possible rust. It is now currently under investigation by GM. Not to mention all the other problems listed below: tire monitor unsteady alignment hood latch recall 2 new batteries electrical issues 2 a/c issues repaired rattles shocks have gone out and I only weight 175

Road King
By k0pir on 04/29/12 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

Whether your on the highway or on a dirt road this hummer h3 is a road king. I love my 2006 Hummer H3 Luxury. From the heated leather seats to the big open sunroof, this is one amazing vehicle. It's not a car, it's not a truck, it's not like any other SUV, it's "like nothing else." Go any where, do any thing, they completely make an average trip a real adventure. If you like the outdoors, camping, getting away into the wilderness and don't mind getting stares from bystanders on the street, you'll love the H3.

WhosYourDaddy
By highwinder on 04/20/12 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

The HUMMER H3 is the single most capable and superior real-world SUV ever devised by mankind. Originating from military combat vehicles, the H3 fits on trails the H1 and H2 are too big for. The H3 has everything a Jeep Rubicon has, and has everything a Jeep Rubicon doesn't have, and all for the same price and gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, I like Jeeps- I've driven them for decades. I get the "Jeep thing". Most H3 drivers do - we've been there and done that. But if Jeepers ever tried the "HUMMER THING", they'd never go back. It's the "Jeep Thing" on steroids, complete with stealing your girlfriend and not spilling my drink all over the leather while off-roading in style and comfort.

BEST SUV EVER!
By maverick112 on 01/02/12 01:11 AM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

The H3 is a collector item that is not only fun to drive,but looks cool.The 3.5L in-line 5 is a proven engine that has plenty of power,ver reliable,& you have to watch your speed because you will be at 100 mph cruising without even knowing it.I feel like I am driving a luxury tank & it is rugged & durable,but inside the cabin it is silent & smooth with great style.The fuel economy is actually pretty good for such a heavy 4x4 that if keep up with service,use synthetic fluids,& run high octane fuel from a name brand station,it improves fuel economy & performance.Hummer is the Rolls Royce of 4x4,where there is no place it can't go,stylish in town & the Lion off the road.It is the King of SUVs.

H3 THE ULTIMATE SUV
By offroader92 on 11/22/11 15:07 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H3 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned many SUVs & Jeeps & nothing compares to the H3 in style,reliability,design,durability & performance.There is no place the H3 can't go,it is tough and rugged with unique design.It gets great Gas Mileage campared to the much small Jeeps I have owned.The in-line 5 cyl. engine is very quite & smooth & on an adventure run,it cruised past 100 mph with no issues.It has a ton of torque power to climb & for off-roading fun.Our friend has one with 146k miles without a problem yet.I love the H3 & I have never owned a vehicle that gets so many compliments.It is just plain fun to drive & I plan to keep this for the long haul.I will not sell my H3,I plan to enjoy it as it will be a classic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.