Used 2008 HUMMER H2 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hummer H2 - Consumer Reviews

2008 HUMMER H2 SUV

Base 6.2L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

H2 IS KING!
By HUMMER RULES!

2008 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Owning this vehicle has been a dream of mine forever. I finally decided to purchase and don't have "BUYERS REMORSE" yet. My family loves it and we are planning trips for future adventures. People tend to stare when we drive down the street. And when I enter the vehicle It's like a whole new world. I absolutely love my decision and happy to be an owner.

Favorite Features

Auto adjustments, When you enter the vehicle things start to adjust as though the vehicle knows you're there. Onstar is GREAT! The Bose speakers (I love Bose) The vehicle is utility but has a nice luxury look and feel.

Suggested Improvements

Yes it would be nice to get more gas milage out of it. And electronic running boards to come standard for all models.

The best SUV! Like nothing else!
By SD90

2008 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've only had this H2 for a month, but I love it so far. It puts a smile on my face every time I get in it! The gas mileage is better than I expected with the new 6.2L / 6 speed transmission. I'm getting 16 mpg city driving, and 19 hwy, (Imp mpg, I am in Canada!) It's about the same as my 07 Ram 3500 Diesel, (NOT the dual rear wheel) For you that want to figure it out, my last fill up, I went 230 km on 34 L. It was on the highway between 100-110 km/h. The interior is much more refined than the 03 - 07 models. The exterior doesn't have to be changed at all! It still looks like nothing else on the road. You feel very safe while driving in the H2. I love it!

Favorite Features

Styling, interior and exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, but if I had to pick one thing, nobody would complain about even better gas mileage, maybe a diesel?

Great at what it is supposed to be.
By Gman

2008 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The H2 is a full size offroad truck based SUV, so its 12-13 mpg city, 14- 15 mpg highway is on par with other truck based SUV's of its size, difference is that nothing looks, rides, performs like a H2. New interior is excellent, my kid's love it, and those who don't like it need to understand that there are plenty of other SUV's that eat gas as much as it does, just those vehicles are not American, so they are not a target. Great Vehicle for what it is, not when compared to a Prius. Hummer deserves to live on, and for some, it will forever.

Favorite Features

One of a kind, looks and performs like its supposed to, which is a big tough offroad SUV, interior is excellent, best GM truck interior, nav., seats, interior layout, rugged looks.

Suggested Improvements

Little more storage. Though much improved, need a bit better materials. Don't know why they never put a diesel in it.

MPG Isn't As Bad As You Might Think!
By TSamuel

2008 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just got my '08 H2 after having an '05 H2 for the last three years. I drive 25 to 30,000 miles per year so comfort, reliablity and safety are my main priorities. The new design is no different to most people on the outside but the inside '08 is far more plush, updated and comfortable. The instrument panel takes some getting use to but it really is gorgeous. The gas mileage is the same from my '05. 12 to 13 MPG. No biggie when you consider Range Rovers or Mercedes AMG's are getting about the same MPG. It's a heck of a fun ride for the family and I. Not a moment goes by that I'm not feeling far more safe than the car next to me...that's for sure!

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, front leg room, third row seat, music and entertainment system (although I miss the TV's in the headrests)

Suggested Improvements

Bring back bucket seats and head rest entertainment system. The pull down TV on the roof creates blind spot.

Like No Other!
By Mike

2008 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2003 Infiniti G35 for this Hummer. I have owned the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban in th past. I chose the H2 over the Escalade and the Infiniti QX56. The ride is so smooth and comfortable. The gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired, but what do you expect?! Features in the 2008 actually do feel luxury. After driving the G35 which was a great car, I did not want to sacrifice the luxury I had become accustomed to in the G35; not a problem with the 2008 H2.

Favorite Features

The touch-screen navigation, built-in air pump in rear, seat comfort is great

Suggested Improvements

Spare tire on back obstructs rear view too much. Rear camera angle is virtually useless (should be more like the BMW 7 series). I hate the fact the I have to manually turn on the "AC Circulation" button every time I turn on the vehicle; it should stay on once I turn it on.