Used 2007 HUMMER H2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

Hummer for Horses
By rex46

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have just purchased a H2 to tow our horses to shows.
Our two new horses weigh 2700# together and if they start doing the "Kentucky 2 Step" it was hard for our Jeep Grand Cherokee to steer straight.
This vehicle is PERFECT, pulls without effort, easy to back up with mirrors, comfortable to ride and gets better gas mileage than the Jeep, especially when towing.
Getting to the Barn in all kinds of weather is not possible with a 4WD truck because of weight balance.
This vehicle is almost impossible to get stuck.
I have no concerns about my wife when she is in this vehicle, it screams safety from it's size only.
I am a Professional Engineer, I recommend without reservation.

I am 6'5", 220lb and this is the most comfortable ride I have every had. We owned Cadillacs and the ride is certainly more comfortable than the Caddys. The size and tire size and width glue this vehicle to the road. The sound system is very nice, and easy to work from the steering wheel. Because we have to park trailers in very tight spaces at the shows, the front Reese sleeve makes that task too simple, just pull the license plate sleeve, re-hook and drive it in. The overall cabin size if perfect for my size, and I have never had any trouble with the seats being too soft. But the overall appearance of our Red Hummer with the chrome package is a real head turner. Magnificent.

As a Professional Engineer, the option of a turbocharger to increase low speed acceleration of the vehicle would be an improvement. Heavy Duty Floor mats with liquid retainer depth are necessary for any country uses. Mud and water eats the carpets.

Just Love It.
By Spirit Dove

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was my dream vehicle. It gets better gas mileage that my Expedition although not the best I was used to budgeting the gas. Heavy and solid vehicle and in the snow awesome. I feel so safe in my Hummer and the Arctic Blue color was a surprise. Driving it is heaven and I do get the looks. I new thought I would be able to own one. It's fun to drive!

Heated seats front and back.

Would like to see GM use something like bed liner paint for the black exterior extras (ex. running boards, spare tire holder and front bumper) as they chip easy.

The car of my life!
By ACC

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Exceptional car, however take the time and read about it before you buy it. If you plan on saving gas, park in tight spaces or race with a Viper partner, this is surely not your best pick!

It so rocks on the road - I love it!

A better Navigation System

Do want to be noticed!
By B. Cabus

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the Victory Edition for my wife. Very beautiful & spectacular looking SUV. Handles very well. Performance is a bit low considering it's a 6.0 ltr. Needs a turbo charger or supercharger in order to live up to its name. Ride is comfortable in the front.

Chrome pkg, carbon fiber dashboard, DVD head rest monitors, roof racks. Heated front and rear seats. Rocker side steps & bars. Bose sound system is the best.

Definitely needs reclining bucket seats in the rear, very uncomfortable for long trips. Needs better Navigation system.

Fun to drive
By G. Smith

2007 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I like it but am disappointed with the quality. After only 3000 miles and none of it off road, all the paint came off the nerf bar brackets and the chrome is pitted. There is rust leaking out around the screw heads on the exterior chrome luxury package upgrades as well. The driver seat is too plush with little stiff padding. If you weigh 200 pounds or more you will be sitting on the actual outer seat frame. If you are tall, you will have to lower the seat all the way to not hit your head.

Rear axle lock. Third row seat. Shifter location. DVD

Higher quality parts. Lower gear ratio. Better seat comfort. Wider, better padded bucket seats