2006 HUMMER H2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )
H2 is King of the Asphalt and off road!
By inyerhed68 on 04/09/13 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

By far the very best vehicle I have ever owned! It's a criminal thing that these beautiful machines are no longer in production. Fits All 3 of my children in the middle bench seat with ease and they love it! good sized cargo area and even more if your H2 is fitted with the spare on the outside-mine is. And removal of the single rear seat is easy out and easily put back in. My wife loves driving it as well. And.....I love to go fresh water fishing and the area I fish it not easily accessed as it has extremely soft sand and some hills to climb. No problem for my H2!....Neutral then change to low 4 in we go! Love this vehicle and it's an eye catcher! All black exterior and interior!

Used low mile H2
By easysixonezero on 12/13/09 03:42 AM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Was looking for a vehicle for the family - wife and I and three kids from 10 yrs to 6 weeks old. We pull an RV and I wanted full-sized SUV. I knew MPG would not be fantastic regardless of the model. With the H2 I have more capability than I will likely ever need, but emergencies do arise. With the large size and weight I feel my family is very safe inside. Ride has been MUCH better than I expected. Very comfortable. Don't know what vehicle the "professional" reviewer drove but this SUV has tons of room. I can easily sit three adults across the back seat. Check out pre-owned certified H2s still avail in the 20-30K miles for reasonable prices. Same as or less than a similar Tahoe.

love my hummers ( i have 2 H2's)
By aldol on 11/02/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought one (pewter metallic) intending to use it for a weapon development project, but as soon as I sat behind the wheel I fell in love with my h2, my daughter, 27 at the time immediately wanted to trade in her Lexus suv for black h2. Since I bought them I kept accessorizing them. These cars are nothing short of amazing.

Very Best SUV ever!
By linda peluso on 12/15/08 22:44 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Best, safest, super great looking and most dynamic vehicle we have ever owned and will chose to own nothing but an H2. Aside from the fact that it is not a fuel efficient truck, this is a challenge most certainly, and that it is missing a rear view camera which should be a mandatory factory installation, this truck is a must see and drive and get to know! Thanks GM!

There's nothing like it!
By Clint Cord on 11/24/08 22:58 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned some very extravagant & exotic vehicles, there is nothing like a Hummer H2! I'm embarrassingly proud to own such a magnificent & unmistakable machine! I'd never even ridden in, let alone driven one before I bought online, sight unseen 2000 miles away - no disappointments! If you're looking and thinking about owning one - take the leap of faith and treat yourself!

The Holy Grail
By Tony Wes on 07/22/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I would never ride in or touch a Hummer until I could finally afford one. It's like the Stanley Cup. You don't touch it until you win it. That day came a few weeks ago for me and it has been incredible! Love driving it, getting looks, surprisingly easy to park and so comfortable. I recently picked up my 60 something parents from the airport and they had no trouble getting in or out and thought it rode better than their own vehicles. I have always loved the look of the H2 and and now enjoying driving it every day. There is no comparison, it is the best.

H2 When you absolutely have to get there
By Rich on 05/10/08 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned my 2006 H2 for over a year, I can safely say, that this is the best truck I have ever owned, if you think having a truck that performs better than intended off road, and in emergency situations is important. Also, ariving in style is not a problem! If you have to worry about gas, well then go buy that Festiva, for every day *(I have one! 43mpg) and you can average 27MPG! Overall, I like the vehicle for what it stands for, and it's performance.

Better than expected
By Roger on 04/05/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I too have only recently purchased my one-owner Hummer H2. I admit I had some reservations concerning it's towing ability and gas mileage. But surprizingly I have average 14.5mpg (2807.2 gal used/40920 miles accrued =14.5mpg). This Hummer is also equipped with the dealer installed Radix Supercharger(63%-123% more power from 2k-6k rpm),base being 325hp, It doesn't require a mathematician to figure out that at 6k rpm it's capable of making nearly 600 HP! So power is plentiful. And the vehicle handles beautifully,alot better than the GMC 2500 I traded. And of course with this much power at a given whim, I needed the extended warranty. And off roading is a breeze,just watch your throttle position.

The Best SUV I've ever had
By Terri on 03/07/08 21:40 PM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

You are totally safe in this beast. That's the reason I bought it which to me outweighs the gas mileage. My kids love it too. Handles great and the visibility is excellent. Makes a tighter u-turn than some small cars. If you look underneath all you see is solid cast iron which I think they are changing in the newer models(for better gas mileage, too bad). And most of all it's fun to drive especially off road. My husband thought I was crazy to get the Hummer but he was surprized the way it handles. I think he's a little jealous now. I like having the tire in the back for added safety too. Oh by the way its fun to make your own parking space on those crowded occasions!

Well worth it
By engineer on 01/30/08 05:02 AM (PST)

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After buying a new H-3... I felt a bit slighted when I sat in a H-2. The search began for a late model used with warranty. I bought the H2 and it was love at first sight. Don't be foolish and buy new... you can buy a certified used for about 20K less and have the same warranty without the depreciation. I bought mine loaded with only 10K miles for $39K MSRP was $58K. Enough said. The drive and comfort can't be compared to any other vehicle. I get 13.5 MPG around town and was only getting 15 with MY H-3. The interior is very spacious however there is a lot of wasted space in the rear. The wind noise is loud at highway speeds and the low roof takes a bit of getting used too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.