Used 2006 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

H2 is King of the Asphalt and off road!
By inyerhed68

2006 HUMMER H2 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

By far the very best vehicle I have ever owned! It's a criminal thing that these beautiful machines are no longer in production. Fits All 3 of my children in the middle bench seat with ease and they love it! good sized cargo area and even more if your H2 is fitted with the spare on the outside-mine is. And removal of the single rear seat is easy out and easily put back in. My wife loves driving it as well. And.....I love to go fresh water fishing and the area I fish it not easily accessed as it has extremely soft sand and some hills to climb. No problem for my H2!....Neutral then change to low 4 in we go! Love this vehicle and it's an eye catcher! All black exterior and interior!

Navigational system is easy to operate and fun to use. Love the big tires. I recommend to always replace with the original BF Goodrich. Best traction and tread depth. Bose Stereo is crisp with great on screen touch sound adjustments. And last....DO NOT believe that eco geek lie about the H2 only getting 6 miles to the gallon. Big lie! I am averaging right about 16 hwy and 13 city. Not bad at all for a big 6.0 engine. My H2 gets better gas mileage than my brother's Lincoln Navigator and that's NO LIE!

Used low mile H2
By easysixonezero

2006 HUMMER H2 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Was looking for a vehicle for the family - wife and I and three kids from 10 yrs to 6 weeks old. We pull an RV and I wanted full-sized SUV. I knew MPG would not be fantastic regardless of the model. With the H2 I have more capability than I will likely ever need, but emergencies do arise. With the large size and weight I feel my family is very safe inside. Ride has been MUCH better than I expected. Very comfortable. Don't know what vehicle the "professional" reviewer drove but this SUV has tons of room. I can easily sit three adults across the back seat. Check out pre-owned certified H2s still avail in the 20-30K miles for reasonable prices. Same as or less than a similar Tahoe.

Distinctive styling, capabilities.

Hey, get me 20-30 MPG and I'd be pleased as punch...but I knew going in this was a big, heavy 4x4 vehicle...MPG ain't gonna be stellar.

love my hummers ( i have 2 H2's)
By aldol

2006 HUMMER H2 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought one (pewter metallic) intending to use it for a weapon development project, but as soon as I sat behind the wheel I fell in love with my h2, my daughter, 27 at the time immediately wanted to trade in her Lexus suv for black h2. Since I bought them I kept accessorizing them. These cars are nothing short of amazing.

Hummer feel, once you go hummer you never go back. These cars are an engineers dream ( I am an engineer) truly these cars are built for being driven 20 to 40 years. Incredible workmanship. For example the screw that hold the rear lights in place have sealing compound in the threads, the clips are wr

do not change anything keep making it jack up the price if needed but do not stop making them

Very Best SUV ever!
By linda peluso

2006 HUMMER H2 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Best, safest, super great looking and most dynamic vehicle we have ever owned and will chose to own nothing but an H2. Aside from the fact that it is not a fuel efficient truck, this is a challenge most certainly, and that it is missing a rear view camera which should be a mandatory factory installation, this truck is a must see and drive and get to know! Thanks GM!

Everything. Most of all reliability and safety!

Rear view camera

There's nothing like it!
By Clint Cord

2006 HUMMER H2 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned some very extravagant & exotic vehicles, there is nothing like a Hummer H2! I'm embarrassingly proud to own such a magnificent & unmistakable machine! I'd never even ridden in, let alone driven one before I bought online, sight unseen 2000 miles away - no disappointments! If you're looking and thinking about owning one - take the leap of faith and treat yourself!

Flamboyant style - nothing compares! Comfort & safety, luxurious appointments and features just to name a few.

Rain sensing wipers & heated wheel would be the icing!