2005 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (123 reviews )
Hummer Forever
By Stormin Norm on 05/24/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Consider what the h2 is for, and it's not commuting! Is it slower than a mustang and suck enough gas for 3 honda civics? You bet. But on the fun index, it ranks off the charts! Participated in a off-road excursion with Hummer group for first time and was awestruck by the vehicles abilities! Nothing else can touch this. Takes you to places and scenery you would never otherwise be able to see. Without this off-roading experience, you can't possibly appreciate what this vehicle can do. Even after traversing some of the roughest terrain imaginable, the truck is completely silent and squeak free. Remember to consider what this truck is designed for. Good as a daily driver except for gas.

STRONG
By CAMPMAN on 05/18/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Though the fuel consumption could be a lot better, and some of the interior components are a little weak (housing around the shifter, for example, feels lightweight); overall the H2 is a great vehicle. Comfortable, safe, and very capable of either highway cruising or driving off-road. Overall, the experience so far (3 months later) has been a great one.

H2
By FOOTFXR52 on 05/17/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had everything from mercedes to porsches to tahoes and 3/4 ton diesel suburbans and i never regret trading my sl 500 for this '05 h2. I have had it off road and it is extremely capable even in the hands of rookie off roaders as we had at our last dealer sponsored get together in a cypress swamp after 3 day's rain. The dealer service has been exceptional. And my wife recently asked to take it from florida to n. Carolina to mississippi back to n. Carolina and back to ocala, fl. The kicker? She chose it over her mercedes ml 55 amg!!

Enjoy Your Short Stay!!!
By Artie on 05/16/05 17:05 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have to tell you this truck is a joy compared to my 1994 H1. I traded my H1 for the 2004 Infinity QX56 and the roads here in New England were destroying this truck. My Qx56 felt like the suspension a 10 year old truck after one New England winter. I was seeing 10mpg for the Qx56 and 9 mpg for the H1. My new H2 averages 11mpg city and as high as 18 on highway at 60mpg. This truck really is fun to drive. The touch screen nav,large sunroof,Xm radio,heated seats,power mirrors really make this truck a pleasure to drive. For a guy who really has owned most cars and trucks out there, this H2 is my favorite. I traded my Mercedes SL600 sport for it!!! Life is too short.....enjoy!!!

H2
By mari on 05/13/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my H2. My mileage was about the same as other large SUV's (approx. 12 miles per gallon). The vehicle handles very well and drives smoothly. The only negative is on the 2004 model the spare tire is on the inside and takes away space. (2005 models come with the spare on the outside)

Hummerlicious2
By GYNGUY on 05/04/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been fantastic! The pwer and quality are fantastic! Gas milage is better then reported! I'm getting 13.5 Miles to the gal. City driving. All in all i'm very happy with this purchase!

My HUMMER
By fxracer223 on 05/01/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My purchase of my HUMMER H2 was the best vehclie i have ever bought because of the stylist exterior and interior.This was the only vehcile that i had that people would actaully stop to look at and the handling and preformance is just excellent.

H2 Hummer
By Lenny on 04/30/05 07:59 AM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is better than I expected. The fuel milage is a small drawback price to pay, for driving this machine.

Nothing else like it.
By hummer h2 on 04/27/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My H2 is fun to drive. Fuel is obviously a killer--but I can't believe that I would ever get tired of driving my H2. It's a unique vehicle.

hummer
By hummer2005 on 04/24/05 21:00 PM (PDT)

2005 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Its a great truck to own. It is worth the gas to have and enjoy.